Connecting through DWT on Friday - How bad will the 4 inches of snow predicted?

Theta

DIS Veteran
Could someone give me advice with connecting through Detroit. We are on an evening flight and how 45 minutes to meet our connection in Detroit. Because our flight is in the evening and with 4 inches of snow predicted, is that a concern?

How well does DTW handle this situation? Should I try to stand-by on an earlier flight so I have a better chance of getting to my destination?

Last edited:
4 inches is not a big deal for Detroit but of course there may be some delays due to snow removal, deicing, etc. But 45 minutes is a short connection under normal circumstances and depending on what terminal you're in, there could be a long walk or tram ride. Know where you're headed and move quickly

I wouldn't worry about it. We've flown out in worse conditions and DTW handles weather well, especially when it comes over many hours like this is expected to do. There was one trip where we got about 6" of snow between midnight and our 7 a.m. flight. I was white-knuckling it to the airport because the plows hadn't cleared the interstate yet, but the airport was running just fine and we got to Orlando on time.

Also, the 4" is worst-case. The weather alert I got is for 1 to 4 inches, with the ice during the changeover from rain to snow around midday being the major hazard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter