Conservative Thread: The New American Tea Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he is overwhelmed - he is completely unprepared for the job. When you organize communities you can work on a project at your own pace. No need to rush as it will be there tomorrow. And when you only vote present you don't really need to know too much. This is his first real job.

That really does kick you in the stomach: the guy with the nuclear codes is doing OJT.:scared1:

Not only is he doing OJT and has the codes but he wants to be friends with the guys that want to nuke us off the planet. He may sleep well but I sure have not been sleeping well at all!

Not only is he doing OJT and has the codes but he wants to be friends with the guys that want to nuke us off the planet. He may sleep well but I sure have not been sleeping well at all!

I read a NYT article that he wanted to make nice with the "moderate" Taliban. Wonder under which rock he is going to find those fine fellows?

Wonder: I'll translate that for you: No, she's not going to finish her TR. She's having too much fun going to theme parks and hanging out with her boy to want to think about little 'ol us out here in cyberspace.

... Just work on getting those pic's from her so that you can finish the TR on her behalf. ;)

Wonder: I'll translate that for you: No, she's not going to finish her TR. She's having too much fun going to theme parks and hanging out with her boy to want to think about little 'ol us out here in cyberspace.

... Just work on getting those pic's from her so that you can finish the TR on her behalf. ;)

:sad:

soarin' dear, do you remember the story some of us wrote about a month ago on our thread, to which everybody contributed a sentence? well, i think we're all gonna finish your trip report for you in that fashion. you don't mind that, do you? :angel:

what's that? huh? oh...YOU'RE gonna get right on it so we don't need to worry about it? z'at what you said? ah. well good. 'cause you just never know how OUR version might end, right? :teeth:

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/03/maybe_we_should_schedule_some.html

Maybe we should schedule some nap time for our president
Rick Moran

A little more than a month in and our president already needs a vacation.

Everyone knows the presidency is a killer job - everyone, that is, except the current occupant of the oval office who is surprised at the amount of work he has to do. The Daily Telegraph is reporting that Barack Obama is amazed at the amount of paper that flows across his desk and that the economic crisis has so sapped his energy, he is not even paying attention to foreign affairs:

Allies of Mr Obama say his weary appearance in the Oval Office with Mr Brown illustrates the strain he is now under, and the president's surprise at the sheer volume of business that crosses his desk.

A well-connected Washington figure, who is close to members of Mr Obama's inner circle, expressed concern that Mr Obama had failed so far to "even fake an interest in foreign policy".

A British official conceded that the furore surrounding the apparent snub to Mr Brown had come as a shock to the White House. "I think it's right to say that their focus is elsewhere, on domestic affairs. A number of our US interlocutors said they couldn't quite understand the British concerns and didn't get what that was all about."

The American source said: "Obama is overwhelmed. There is a zero sum tension between his ability to attend to the economic issues and his ability to be a proactive sculptor of the national security agenda.

"That was the gamble these guys made at the front end of this presidency and I think they're finding it a hard thing to do everything."

Rich Baehr comments:

This Telegraph article is hard to read without laughing. Obama is surprised at the sheer volume of paper that crosses his desk. I guess the job is supposed to be easier than that and more exciting (Hey, get me back on the road to a swing state). For the last two years, he only needed to check daily tracking polls in Iowa, Colorado, Virginia, Ohio and Florida and read speeches from a teleprompter written by others . I pity the poor guy.

The reason for all this is the explosion in the British press over the shabby treatment given Prime Minister Gordon Brown during his visit last week. No joint presser, no state dinner, no mark of any kind that would have separated Brown's visit from that of the president of a much lesser country that didn't enjoy a century long "special relationship" with the United States. Coupled with the comically insulting gift of 25 movie cd's (like giving your wife a vacuum cleaner for your anniversary), and you have all the evidence you need to state that Obama doesn't know what he's doing.

No surprisingly, the American press has been mum about this epic fail. It doesn't fit into the narrative as Ed Lasky explains:

Weren’t we force fed by the media images of the young and vigorous Obama (stuffing sandbags along a swollen river-after which, volunteers complained he was gumming up their work for a photo op; riding his bike while wearing cool shades, shooting hoops)? Weren’t we also assaulted images of John McCain that insulted our senior citizens? Out of touch, unable to use a Blackberry, stiff (because of war wounds he could not life his arms)?
Since he cannot choose good people to oversee the government (see Geithner, see scandals over his Cabinet appointments) what are we left with as a President? A man who never ran anything in his life. A man with no business experience. A man who was a student and then an academic for much of his life, who whiled away his time as a part-time state senator and part-time academic. Where oh where is the real world experience? Has he ever experienced the responsibilities of working for someone else-not the amorphous voter bloc who in Illinois will vote in Democrats almost by rote, but a boss who demands performance? Has anyone ever held him to any standards of competence? Has anyone ever held him up to any sensible standards of performance? Has he ever had to demand performance of anyone? We are talking a government employee here. A person who was never asked to produce that nasty word-a profit.

Well, profits are what are used to employ people. The alternative is to tax people to shift wealth to others. That is what we are getting.
Since he won’t release his college or law school transcripts, we don’t even know how good of a student he was during his academic “career”. He has shown very little comprehension of the law-and recall, he went to Harvard Law School and taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago. We were constantly reminded of the sheepskins during the campaign but very few people ever looked beyond these degrees to discover that he actually has a pattern of failing to understand the law -something the media constantly attacked the Bush Administration over (see Barack Obama, Legal Scholar ).

To say that this is a worrisome revelation about Obama's stamina is an understatement. It is generally believed there will be some kind of foreign crisis in the next few months that will test the president in some way. If the guy can't keep his focus sharp, the possibility of a misstep goes up considerably with unknown consequences as a result.

At bottom, I don't know what's worse; Obama's lack of energy or them admitting it in public.

Some things are better left unknown.

Maybe he is spending a little too much time watching basketball games and movies at the White House, going to Washington Wizards games, flying to Chicago for dinner with Michelle and, as Richard states, flying around to swing states in campaign mode. Maybe he should start his day in the Oval Office at 7am like Bush, instead of 9am.
His new tracking poll, as he stated himself is the Dow. Don't worry about the "day to day gyrations".
As we have been saying for years now, he is Chauncey Gardiner (Being There) incarnated.
Any polls asking those who voted for him if they regret their decision?

Rick Moran

Everyone knows the presidency is a killer job - everyone, that is, except the current occupant of the oval office who is surprised at the amount of work he has to do. The Daily Telegraph is reporting that Barack Obama is amazed at the amount of paper that flows across his desk and that the economic crisis has so sapped his energy, he is not even paying attention to foreign affairs:

Allies of Mr Obama say his weary appearance in the Oval Office with Mr Brown illustrates the strain he is now under, and the president's surprise at the sheer volume of business that crosses his desk.

A well-connected Washington figure, who is close to members of Mr Obama's inner circle, expressed concern that Mr Obama had failed so far to "even fake an interest in foreign policy".

A British official conceded that the furore surrounding the apparent snub to Mr Brown had come as a shock to the White House. "I think it's right to say that their focus is elsewhere, on domestic affairs. A number of our US interlocutors said they couldn't quite understand the British concerns and didn't get what that was all about."

The American source said: "Obama is overwhelmed. There is a zero sum tension between his ability to attend to the economic issues and his ability to be a proactive sculptor of the national security agenda.

"That was the gamble these guys made at the front end of this presidency and I think they're finding it a hard thing to do everything."

Rich Baehr comments:

This Telegraph article is hard to read without laughing. Obama is surprised at the sheer volume of paper that crosses his desk. I guess the job is supposed to be easier than that and more exciting (Hey, get me back on the road to a swing state). For the last two years, he only needed to check daily tracking polls in Iowa, Colorado, Virginia, Ohio and Florida and read speeches from a teleprompter written by others . I pity the poor guy.

The reason for all this is the explosion in the British press over the shabby treatment given Prime Minister Gordon Brown during his visit last week. No joint presser, no state dinner, no mark of any kind that would have separated Brown's visit from that of the president of a much lesser country that didn't enjoy a century long "special relationship" with the United States. Coupled with the comically insulting gift of 25 movie cd's (like giving your wife a vacuum cleaner for your anniversary), and you have all the evidence you need to state that Obama doesn't know what he's doing.

No surprisingly, the American press has been mum about this epic fail. It doesn't fit into the narrative as Ed Lasky explains:

Weren’t we force fed by the media images of the young and vigorous Obama (stuffing sandbags along a swollen river-after which, volunteers complained he was gumming up their work for a photo op; riding his bike while wearing cool shades, shooting hoops)? Weren’t we also assaulted images of John McCain that insulted our senior citizens? Out of touch, unable to use a Blackberry, stiff (because of war wounds he could not life his arms)?
Since he cannot choose good people to oversee the government (see Geithner, see scandals over his Cabinet appointments) what are we left with as a President? A man who never ran anything in his life. A man with no business experience. A man who was a student and then an academic for much of his life, who whiled away his time as a part-time state senator and part-time academic. Where oh where is the real world experience? Has he ever experienced the responsibilities of working for someone else-not the amorphous voter bloc who in Illinois will vote in Democrats almost by rote, but a boss who demands performance? Has anyone ever held him to any standards of competence? Has anyone ever held him up to any sensible standards of performance? Has he ever had to demand performance of anyone? We are talking a government employee here. A person who was never asked to produce that nasty word-a profit.

Well, profits are what are used to employ people. The alternative is to tax people to shift wealth to others. That is what we are getting.
Since he won’t release his college or law school transcripts, we don’t even know how good of a student he was during his academic “career”. He has shown very little comprehension of the law-and recall, he went to Harvard Law School and taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago. We were constantly reminded of the sheepskins during the campaign but very few people ever looked beyond these degrees to discover that he actually has a pattern of failing to understand the law -something the media constantly attacked the Bush Administration over (see Barack Obama, Legal Scholar ).

To say that this is a worrisome revelation about Obama's stamina is an understatement. It is generally believed there will be some kind of foreign crisis in the next few months that will test the president in some way. If the guy can't keep his focus sharp, the possibility of a misstep goes up considerably with unknown consequences as a result.

At bottom, I don't know what's worse; Obama's lack of energy or them admitting it in public.

Maybe he is spending a little too much time watching basketball games and movies at the White House, going to Washington Wizards games, flying to Chicago for dinner with Michelle and, as Richard states, flying around to swing states in campaign mode. Maybe he should start his day in the Oval Office at 7am like Bush, instead of 9am.
His new tracking poll, as he stated himself is the Dow. Don't worry about the "day to day gyrations".
As we have been saying for years now, he is Chauncey Gardiner (Being There) incarnated.

Scary isn't it? He's too busy worrying about Rush Limbaugh than to be bothered with the day to day "gyrations" of the stock market. Did you see on the news where he needs a telepromter for EVERY moment in front of the press? Even if it is to announce a cabinet member. I hope he gets his footing soon and starts to concentrate on this economy instead of worrying about pandering to his party.

Rick Moran

it is obvious to me that the libs in washington knew this guy wouldn't be a pres. all on his own, but that instead, they told him, "we need somebody who looks a certain way and speaks a certain way in order to get a dem back in the oval office. WE will see to it that you're elected, and WE will tell you what to do, what to say, and when. in exchange, you will comply with our instructions. in return, you will retire from this office with untold fame around the world and countless millions of dollars."

what a joke this twirp is.

<snip>

Rich Baehr comments:

I'm in the middle of no where special... and don't have much access to national, international new stories. Just recently moved into my new digs and will be able to check internet daily.

I'd like to say I am surprised by his lack of preparation for the Brown visit.
Can't wait to talk to my UK peeps this week.

Great article, Grog. It reflects my thoughts exactly. By the time all is said and done, Obama is going to make Bush look like the best President this country has ever had.

Scary isn't it? He's too busy worrying about Rush Limbaugh than to be bothered with the day to day "gyrations" of the stock market. Did you see on the news where he needs a telepromter for EVERY moment in front of the press? Even if it is to announce a cabinet member. I hope he gets his footing soon and starts to concentrate on this economy instead of worrying about pandering to his party.

I don't think he'll ever get his footing. The man simply doesn't know how to work. He doesn't know how to do anything in a leadership position; he's never had to before. It is really pathetic that he can't speak without a teleprompter. The man simply can't speak. I don't consider a man that reads off words that someone else wrote a "good" speaker like all of our lib's seem to do. He can't think on his own and sticks his foot in his mouth whenever he does attempt to speak on his own. He doesn't understand anything going on. He's not just pandering to his party for the economy issues, he truly is a Socialist (and internet documents from the US Socialist Party show that he was at one time, if not still, a member of the Socialist Party - to all of you lurking lib's) Not that we should be surprised by this fact. You only have to read his autobiography to note that one of his greatest influences growing up was a well know Socialist.

it is obvious to me that the libs in washington knew this guy wouldn't be a pres. all on his own, but that instead, they told him, "we need somebody who looks a certain way and speaks a certain way in order to get a dem back in the oval office. WE will see to it that you're elected, and WE will tell you what to do, what to say, and when. in exchange, you will comply with our instructions. in return, you will retire from this office with untold fame around the world and countless millions of dollars."

This is why the DNC rigged it so that Hillary wouldn't win the nomination. The DNC went against its own rules, gave some of Hillary's delegates to Obama, and did everything in their power to ensure that Hillary didn't win the Primary election. And this is why. They knew for certain that they couldn't be in control of a Clinton should she be elected POTUS. But, they were pretty determined that they could control a novice that didn't know what in the heck he was doing, like Obama. I think that they never took Obama's massive ego into consideration. That's going to be the fighting point. When he was elected, Reed, Pelosi and Dean were ecstatic, they saw them in complete power now. Obama has too large of an ego to allow anyone to boss him around. I've been predicting huge power struggles and I think that we're already seeing that between Pelosi and Obama right now. Apparently Pelosi lost it, the other day, over an issue and was found screaming and cussing at everyone in her office.

Great leadership, Dem's; great leadership. :thumbsup2

Rick Moran

Rich Baehr comments:

Great. We just told our enemies that our President is asleep at the wheel when it comes to foreign policy and other things. Bravo. :sad2:

Rick Moran

Rich Baehr comments:

This is the same man who when Senator McCain suspended his campaign because the country was going thru a financial crisis said he didn't need to do the same because he was multitasked.:rolleyes: Well so much for that.:sad2:
Thanks for the article- Grog.

soarin' dear, do you remember the story some of us wrote about a month ago on our thread, to which everybody contributed a sentence? well, i think we're all gonna finish your trip report for you in that fashion. you don't mind that, do you? :angel:

what's that? huh? oh...YOU'RE gonna get right on it so we don't need to worry about it? z'at what you said? ah. well good. 'cause you just never know how OUR version might end, right? :teeth:

MWAHAHAHAHAH, good one, Wonder - [although I'd hate to get on the wrong side of a TR with you looking on!]

"There once was a CM named Soarin'
Whose words early on came a'pourin'
When, poof!, came a boy
Who stole all her words' joy
And her readers, she's simply ignorin'"

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

[hey, y'all are crying now, just wait till I pull out my rhyming dictionary...I could go on for pages....:teeth:]

Rick Moran

Rich Baehr comments:

I remember shortly after Clinton was in office, the young, charming, energetic Clinton - he was interviewed about some issue and, during the interview, began complaining about how hard he had been working, in essence saying, 'quit picking on me, this is hard work!' And Rush, on his TV show, would show pictures of BC in front of different audiences, with different colored hair - brown when he was on MTV, gray when he was speaking in front of the Senate...

When I saw LTEC with his newly graying hair, the first thing that came to mind was, 'wow, they've started touching him up early!'

When, oh when, will the press wake up? After they've all gone out of business??? Or after we've been taken over by some nice Taliban gentleman?

You are so right - they wanted a puppet, someone pretty and well-spoken - it was a bonus that he's part black [and clean, according to Biden]. Now the puppet has gotten a life of his own....kinda like Chucky :scared1:

Great article, Grog. It reflects my thoughts exactly. By the time all is said and done, Obama is going to make Bush look like the best President this country has ever had.

I don't think he'll ever get his footing. The man simply doesn't know how to work. He doesn't know how to do anything in a leadership position; he's never had to before. It is really pathetic that he can't speak without a teleprompter. The man simply can't speak. I don't consider a man that reads off words that someone else wrote a "good" speaker like all of our lib's seem to do. He can't think on his own and sticks his foot in his mouth whenever he does attempt to speak on his own. He doesn't understand anything going on. He's not just pandering to his party for the economy issues, he truly is a Socialist (and internet documents from the US Socialist Party show that he was at one time, if not still, a member of the Socialist Party - to all of you lurking lib's) Not that we should be surprised by this fact. You only have to read his autobiography to note that one of his greatest influences growing up was a well know Socialist.

This is why the DNC rigged it so that Hillary wouldn't win the nomination. The DNC went against its own rules, gave some of Hillary's delegates to Obama, and did everything in their power to ensure that Hillary didn't win the Primary election. And this is why. They knew for certain that they couldn't be in control of a Clinton should she be elected POTUS. But, they were pretty determined that they could control a novice that didn't know what in the heck he was doing, like Obama. I think that they never took Obama's massive ego into consideration. That's going to be the fighting point. When he was elected, Reed, Pelosi and Dean were ecstatic, they saw them in complete power now. Obama has too large of an ego to allow anyone to boss him around. I've been predicting huge power struggles and I think that we're already seeing that between Pelosi and Obama right now. Apparently Pelosi lost it, the other day, over an issue and was found screaming and cussing at everyone in her office.

Great leadership, Dem's; great leadership. :thumbsup2

You mean that autobiography that he DIDN'T write, thank you Bill Bomber-Boy Ayers...

And I do have to laugh about Pelosi -- this power struggle might be our only hope! And anything that upsets Pelosi is okay with me...unless we're the ones paying for it....

This is the same man who when Senator McCain suspended his campaign because the country was going thru a financial crisis said he didn't need to do the same because he was multitasked.:rolleyes: Well so much for that.:sad2:
Thanks for the article- Grog.

I had forgotten about that - great point, MM!

Dolce, how's your Mac treatin' ya today?

And, you inspired me, D -- I'm taking that photography class and our lesson was about different sorts of lighting. I went into a church that had some gorgeous stained glass windows that were beautifully backlit. I took some pictures without my flash and setting the 2 second timer. My teacher liked it - and I wouldn't have known to do that if I hadn't been reading your TR! Thanks!

I think that's a good idea, W. Don't worry, Soarin', we'll get right on it. :teeth:

bo needs a nap. bo needs a swift kick in the pants, is what he needs.
As for him being a puppet, I never thought he would be. Entirely too much ego.

Rick Moran

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter