Conservative Thread: U.S. Steele - Back In Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just peeked at the breakdown of the pork by state. Well didn't even look at the whole state. I was able to click on my city. For just my city they're going to spend over 20 million. Why do we need 1 million from the US government to REMOVE lift stations. UGH can't they just sit there til our city has the money? They're also going to be using millions to replace street lights. UM the street lights we have are FINE! I have a feeling this money isn't even going to actually go to THESE projects, instead it will be lining pockets I'm sure.

my house is clean-ish....the ash has been cleared, but the normal unfolded laundry sits atop the dryer, etc.

my pink-nosed pixie is very ill. the first mri showed a tumor on her right brain stem, a subsequent ultrasound found a tumor in her intestine, and yet another mri found a tumor on her spine and kidneys. it is lymphoma, and the oncologist was thrilled to let me know that...i was confused at first, but it is because lymphoma is treatable (not curable). because everything else is top notch, i decided to go ahead with the treatment, which is chemotherapy and radiology. oddly enough, there are no side effects in kitties other than the possible and temporary loss of whiskers and anorexia. kitty has an excellent appetite and has not lost her whiskers after the first go at the treatment. she's in great spirits and is scooting around pretty well and purrs constantly. there isn't any real way to know about lymphoma until a symptom shows up, and it moves rapidly, so i'm glad i acted quickly. :love: she's my sweet little doll and i'll do whatever i can to help her feel comfortable and happy and can maintain a good quality of life. thanks for asking...it's been a tough few weeks.

:hug: Aww, poor baby kittie. My almost 16yo kittie has a mass on his right side, but the vet couldn't tell from the xray whether it was in his intestines or not. I'm thinking not, because he eats as well as ever, and was diagnosed about six months ago or so. We opted for no treatment due to his age, and he doesn't seem uncomfortable at all. If he gets worse or seems to be suffering, we'll decide what to do at that time. What the vet did say though was that tumors in cats are very unpredictable, unlike in dogs, and that cats can live for quite some time without any problems or symptoms, so we'll see.

I just peeked at the breakdown of the pork by state. Well didn't even look at the whole state. I was able to click on my city. For just my city they're going to spend over 20 million.
Again, this is just your mayor's wishlist of "shovel ready" projects. (Check out the lists on the home page of that site--a disc golf course?)

Again, this is just your mayor's wishlist of "shovel ready" projects.

There is this one bridge (in Mississippi I believe) that was "shovel ready" decades ago. They touted it as first "shovel ready" project to get underway funded (even though they haven't received any money) by the spendulous package. The bridge was built 70+ years ago under the FDR spendulous package. Drive across it? I wouldn't walk across it.

My question is, what did they do with the money alloted for these projects before now? :confused3

There are a couple projects in Rochester that need to be done. Whether we should be getting the money from the Federal government is another story. But a lot of our state taxes here in NY wind up going to the city, so this isn't an entirely bad thing for our city in all honesty. There are a few wacky projects, but when I looked at the site for Rochester and compared it to the other NY cities, I was impressed at how specific we were on exactly where that money was going. What's weird is that Rochester & Albany combined aren't getting/asking for even half of what Buffalo is. And Syracuse isn't on the list, neither is New York City.

So while I still don't support the stimulus, there are a few projects on that list that need to be done here in Rochester. Getting the money from the Federal Government is going to bypass our stupid state, which is a good thing really.

...I'm just trying to stay positive. I need to ::yes::

Wow, a conservative thread! I am new to these boards and am glad to see fellow like-minds ;) I live in Washington, DC, but only for a few more months. I am considering moving back to Florida, the land of my birth. I love Disney, but have not been in a long time. I just wanted to introduce myself; hopefully, I will become a regular in no time.
welcome.
Some of the libs have been kept extra busy trying to dangle shiny decoys in front of other posters to distract them from the threads which are critical of Obama and his administration. It has been highly entertaining. :teeth:

They're going to be tired by the end of these four years.

This is a value added thread. Not only do y'all provide some great political links, but I never knew you could ask for the "hot residents" to be assigned to your case. :confused3 Put that on my list of things "mama never told me..."

I've been going over the "shovel ready" items for my city and cannot believe the ridiculous spending. Millions upon millions for median landscaping :confused3 . I'm sorry but you do NOT borrow money for landscaping this is not a necessity, this is something you wait until you can afford to do. Another thing that really stood out was infrastructure for a stadium in the center of the city I think it was somewhere around $20 million, this particular item has been on the mayors wishlist for a couple of years now and each time it has been put up for vote the people have said NO!! I cannot believe the spending, it's making me ill!!:sick:

Tina

BTW, I stole the link to stimuluswatch and posted it on the CB, I think it's necessary for as many people as possible to be aware of the pork:thumbsup2 .

Tina

I've been going over the "shovel ready" items for my city and cannot believe the ridiculous spending. Millions upon millions for median landscaping :confused3 . I'm sorry but you do NOT borrow money for landscaping this is not a necessity, this is something you wait until you can afford to do. Another thing that really stood out was infrastructure for a stadium in the center of the city I think it was somewhere around $20 million, this particular item has been on the mayors wishlist for a couple of years now and each time it has been put up for vote the people have said NO!! I cannot believe the spending, it's making me ill!!:sick:

Tina

Now, I'm curious, this "stimulus" bill is supposed to create new jobs. I'm assuming that means for the landscaping they are going to hire new people rather than established firms? What happens when the project is finished and there isn't more work? This goes for any of the infrastucture projects as well. I guess I'm not getting how hiring people for a one time job is going to create lasting prosperity. What am I not seeing?:confused3

I also wonder how our economy and working public will fare when our tax rate increases to help pay for this bill. How much will investing and spending be curtailed when this bill comes home to roost? How will inflation and the value of the dollar be affected? I'm afraid we are sacrificing our future for some imemediate unnecessary projects. GWB took hits for years because of the deficit he was piling on our children and grandchildren. How is this better? If we are really that concerned about our children's welfare, is it prudent to rush to pass a pork laden bill all in the name of "stimulus?"

Sorry to ramble. These are just some things that have been on my mind and this post reminded me of my utter confusion.

Rachel:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Now, I'm curious, this "stimulus" bill is supposed to create new jobs. I'm assuming that means for the landscaping they are going to hire new people rather than established firms? What happens when the project is finished and there isn't more work? This goes for any of the infrastucture projects as well. I guess I'm not getting how hiring people for a one time job is going to create lasting prosperity. What am I not seeing?:confused3

I also wonder how our economy and working public will fare when our tax rate increases to help pay for this bill. How much will investing and spending be curtailed when this bill comes home to roost? How will inflation and the value of the dollar be affected? I'm afraid we are sacrificing our future for some imemediate unnecessary projects. GWB took hits for years because of the deficit he was piling on our children and grandchildren. How is this better? If we are really that concerned about our children's welfare, is it prudent to rush to pass a pork laden bill all in the name of "stimulus?"

Sorry to ramble. These are just some things that have been on my mind and this post reminded me of my utter confusion.

You have noticed the elephant in the room.

Wow, a conservative thread! I am new to these boards and am glad to see fellow like-minds ;) I live in Washington, DC, but only for a few more months. I am considering moving back to Florida, the land of my birth. I love Disney, but have not been in a long time. I just wanted to introduce myself; hopefully, I will become a regular in no time.
Welcome to the thread!!!

Tina, I liked your response on the Palin thread. Those people are desperate!!
Welcome!!!!

Hi all! Been extra busy, so just popping in for a moment before I hit the hay. I only had time to read one page, so y'all will have to catch me up some other time. Wonder, I read about your cat; I'm sorry she's sick, and have kept her in my prayers. Hopefully the treatments will continue to go well.

Hate to post and run, but it's late. Hope all are well! :wizard: and :hug:
Still praying for your mom SD. Any updates?

Me too.

There is this one bridge (in Mississippi I believe) that was "shovel ready" decades ago. They touted it as first "shovel ready" project to get underway funded (even though they haven't received any money) by the spendulous package. The bridge was built 70+ years ago under the FDR spendulous package. Drive across it? I wouldn't walk across it.

My question is, what did they do with the money alloted for these projects before now? :confused3
You are correct. I'm not exactly sure where in MS it is, but yup, you're right. I don't even want to look at the porkulus list and see what's going to be being done where I'm from...

This is a value added thread. Not only do y'all provide some great political links, but I never knew you could ask for the "hot residents" to be assigned to your case. :confused3 Put that on my list of things "mama never told me..."

It never hurts to ask! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Sometimes if you ask, ye shall receive. :thumbsup2 How will my doctor know that that's what I want if I don't ask? :confused3 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I guess my city isn't getting any money from the stimulus. Some projects that I expected to be on there, weren't unless they're not listed under Seattle. I expected the "floating" bridge to be redone and I don't recall seeing the Alaska Way Viaduct on there, but I might have missed it.

They were talking about this last night on O'Reilly aparently the "HOPE" is that by the time all of these infrastructure projects are completed that the economy will be in a better place and there will be more work. If it doesn't work out that way then we are back to stage 1 will a whole lot of debt and no more money to stimulate with:sad2: .

Tina

I guess my city isn't getting any money from the stimulus. Some projects that I expected to be on there, weren't unless they're not listed under Seattle. I expected the "floating" bridge to be redone and I don't recall seeing the Alaska Way Viaduct on there, but I might have missed it.
I'm sure it's not a complete list yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter