• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Considering canceling, too

MLAinVA

<font color=9999CC>The TF run out of tags?? That
We are due to check into the Yacht Club Concierge next Sunday, July 14. When I made the reservation in March there was no mention of the renovation project at YC. In reading this discussion board, I became aware of the renovation and the fact that it was very close to our check in date. I called YC GS and spoke with a CM named David who assured me that the room and facilities would be ready for our reservation and that he would follow up with me by phone in late June. Needless to say that didn't happen. When I called on Friday to follow up AGAIN with GS at the YC, I was put on hold for ten minutes before I hung up and called CRO. That was of no use, they promised to find out the rehab status and call me back. Guess what? That didn't happen, either. E-mailed guest communications...no reply. Finally I called YC and asked for a manager and got someone who said she's a manager at BC. I explained what the situation was and she finally told me that the concierge rooms probably won't be ready before July 15. That they'd put us in another room and then move us or we can move to the BC. If I'd wanted BC, I'd have made a resie there in the first place. But she offered no other alternative.
My question is, why weren't we called an made aware of the delay and offered alternative accommodations? I believe that the hotel was just going to wait until we got there and inconvenience us with going to another hotel or moving from one room to another while we are there.
Have any of you other readers had this happen? If you did, what came of it? I really feel cheated....they sold something and took a deposit for a room that they don't have.
Suggestions? Alternate methods of communication?

Welcome to doing business with WDW. Not surprised to hear of your problem. Make a buck first customer satisfaction not heeded.
Janetd

If they are treating you like this, think how some people get treated (who spend peanuts compared to the $ your spending)

You would think someone willing to put out the cash for concierge would be treated better:( I guess they weren't going to tell you anything until you showed up:eek:

I would email the concierge directly. I did and this is what they told me:

Mrs. Redles,

The Concierge floor is being renovated now and will be finished LONG before you arrive. The rest of the resort is due for renovation as well but we do not have those specifics yet. It should not interfere with your vacation.
Katina, Andy and Lauren

Now my trip is in August, but they got right back to me.

I stayed at the GF twice while it was being renovated and it didn't bother me or my guests in the least. I, too, was not told about the renovations by Disney or the concierge staff prior to either of my reservations (note: the GF was under renovation for quite a long period of time as my two reservations were easily a year apart). When I checked in, I was told that Conch Key was made the temporary concierge building and that is where my room would be located. For my second reservation (a suite stay), they put me up in Conch Key again. I had a lovely time during both of those stays and did not find a problem with all the major renovations that were taking place at the Grand Floridian. Nothing renovation-wise detracted from those magical vacations.

If you feel that what is happening at the YC will bother you, then seek accommodations elsewhere as soon as possible. If you don't think it will bother you, then forge ahead with your current reservations. Most guests won’t be inconvenienced by what is going on as Disney does a wonderful job with keeping the disruptions to a minimum. I hope you have a wonderful vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter