• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Constantly Changing ADRs?

shannonstar

StarGirlJapp
Is anyone else doing this? I feel like I need to change my Disney password and walk away. I constantly question my decisions and change them, only to change them back. I want to try new restaurants, but everyone also has their favorites. Here's the current version:

Arrival Day: Ragland Road
Day 2: Yak & Yeti (New)
Day 3: Tony's for FOF reserve (I know it's not great, but it's new and for an ASD kiddo, the parade reserve is awesome), Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam Dessert Party (new and reserve area)
Day 4: The Wave for Breakfast (New), Coral Reef for Dinner (new and an aquarium so I might actually not have to chase ASD child)
Day 5: Hoop De Doo, MK Dessert Party
Day 6: Boma
Day 7: Garden Grill Breakfast CP Package, Via Napoli, and FEA Dessert Party (new)
Day 8: Crystal Palace, Fantasmic Dessert VIP (new)
Day 9: Trail's End Brunch (new)

We are hoping to do quite a few QS all around the place as well as snacks. Does this look balanced and well done?

I find that part of the fun is all the planning involved. I know that not everyone feels that way. You are allowed to change your mind as often as you like! I play around with my ADRs often also.... especially if I am trying to snag that elusive ressie! Enjoy your trip. Also an ASD momma :)

That would be way too much TS for us but it looks like a great mix. We like many of those places.

I think I'm in the minority but I very rarely change what we initially book. We have our list of ADRs we want (just a few each trip) and if we get them we get them and if we don't we don't. We do not make alternate restaurant plans if our first choice isn't available. I do use the TP reservation finder if there's something I can't get initially. We have a group of 10 and almost always get what we try for one way or another.

count me in! like you I do go back and forward on my ADR's. Usually once I've booked my favorites or the ones I really want to try I keep looking for better times or places, is more like I'm addicted to the planning and the rush it gives me to score a hard to get ADR :goodvibes

It's not just you. I changed almost every single ADR on our last trip other than BOG which was too hard to change. I drove everyone else nuts!

Lol! I’ve changed our reservation for our last day 4 times today. We’ve finally settled on Boma’s breakfast buffet. I’ve lost almost 40 lbs in the past 3 1/2 months and I’m pretty sure I’ll be gaining some of that back during our trip at the end of the month. :blush:

That would be way too much TS for us but it looks like a great mix. We like many of those places.

I think I'm in the minority but I very rarely change what we initially book. We have our list of ADRs we want (just a few each trip) and if we get them we get them and if we don't we don't. We do not make alternate restaurant plans if our first choice isn't available. I do use the TP reservation finder if there's something I can't get initially. We have a group of 10 and almost always get what we try for one way or another.

I would go with less TS too, but the DH is a eater on vacation. He only Disneys to make me happy. It's also a good break for the ASD little (4). We haven't figured out how to do sensory breaks and such, so it helps. This is our first trip where we are looking at getting a DAS

I'm going through that now. I booked my ADR's for my next trip (granted it's only 3) and now I'm not happy with them and want to book something different.

My problem is I want to try new restaurants and I've eaten at so many about the only ones left are at Disney Springs and the Signature Restaurants.
I don't want to deal with dressing up and don't really want to leave the parks on park days so I guess I'm out of luck.

I am different. I agonize for hours, days, weeks, months leading up to my ADR date. But once I book, I seldom change them.

Oh, I change everything. ADRs, resorts, nothing about my trip ends up quite the same as it was when I first started planning.

Since you mention you have an ASD child, I feel like I should point out how LOUD a couple of your choices are. Raglan Road has live music in the evenings, and Yak & Yeti is a large space full of hard surfaces that can be quite echo-y. So you'll want to be prepared if that is an issue for your child. If it's not, your choices look great. RR and Y&Y are both among our favorites, and I think Garden Grill is the best of the Mickey character meals.

Loud isn't bad, as long as it's music. Or he can make it into music. He'll probably tap dance and torture others with echoey floors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter