Contact question

Gail T AGAIN

<font color=teal>Slightly computer challenged<br><
I have been trying the toric acuvue contacts now and I dont have clear vision. I have been told by people when they switch to non toric lenses they can see much better but my doctor is making it sound like I am a nut. Well whe is going to let me try them but sez I wont like them, I am wondering will she give me the right perscription. has anyone else went from touric lenses for an astigmitisiam (sp) to regular ones and what did you think, was it better, worse or the same? thanks, I am going crazy over this, spent 200 bucks so far and still have horrible vision:(

It's too bad that they are not working out for you Gail.

DD has worn torics for some years, and I have never heard her complain about the vision. She had regular soft contacts before her astignatism got bad, so she was used to wearing contacts already. Don't know if that made a difference. I know that it took her a little longer to get accustomed to her torics, but she has never mentioned that she had bad vision.

Hope that you can find something that works for you.

All I know is that when I went from a Toric lens from the regular lens I could see much better! It must have really helped my astigmatism. I hope you find something you like!!

Long ago, when my eyes were normal, I wore soft lenses and toric lenses. Never had any trouble with them. I then developed a rare eye disorder which causes my corneas to form into a cone shape - which causes major blurred vision. Since then, I've had to wear rigid gas permeable lenses (glasses don't even correct my vision anymore, I have no choice). Let me get on my rigid gas permeable soapbox and cheer! These lenses are expensive. Mine are about $250 each. BUT - they correct vision like nothing else. If they can fix my eyes, I can only imagine what they'd do for astigmatism. It literally took 3 weeks or complete pain and torture to get used to them - they hurt like you know what. But I stuck with it and suddenly they got easier.

Now they're barely noticeable and they work GREAT! I really recommend them.

just my opinion, but i think you should go to another doctor! if you for any reason think that you doctor would give you the wrong prescription then this is not the person you should be seeing. you have to really trust you doctor.

i wore a toric lense in one eye for about a year. it corrected the problem but my vision was starting to get blury. went back to the doctor and he said that the astigmatism wasnt that bad that i needed the toric lense. he put me back on regular contacts and i can see fine now.

I had the same problem with the accuvue toric lenses. My vision seemed to be okay at first but as the lenses started to dry out after a few hours things weren't quite clear. I spoke to my doctor about the problem and what she said is that when your eyes start to dry out that the lenses can sometimes move when you blink. For people who don't have astigmatism its not noticeable but for those that do its quite noticeable. Fortunately my doctor only ordered a trial pair and I wasn't charged for them. We must have tried 2 or 3 more brands before we found one that worked. I do know that switching to a standard lense may work for some but not everyone. It will depend on the amount of astigmatism that one has.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter