• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Contemporary DVC

SyrCinderella

Mouseketeer
Our DD had her Fairy Tale Wedding last week and had a luncheon at the Napa Room at the Contemporary. Fairy Tale Weddings told her that the North Wing has been demolished to put in the new DVCs, but not to worry the inside of the resort is just fine. So again more confirmation from inside but nothing official. I even tried to get our guide to admit to it - called him and told him what Weddings told us, and he said they still have not been told anything about Contemporary DVC.

I am really hoping that there will be a CRV, so thanks for posting this. :)
Do you have any recent pictures of the demolition? (The last pic I saw was in January--and I was thinking it should be completely down by now. )

-DC

Yea!!! most good news!

the guides generally don't know. they aren't told anything - least they discuss it with a member before it is made public.

DVC does only what the law permits.

so no talk about a CRV until everyone knows it is happening.

Am I the only person who thinks that these CMs don't REALLY know anymore then we do.... Disney is not going to send a "super secret" email to it's CMs or have a meeting etc simply because they KNOW the CMs would leak it.... So what happens is CM one "hears" it's a DVC, CM two learns it from CM one etc. So it becomes "FACT" in the mind of the CMs. Now that "FACT" is not based on anything but "rumors" unless there is an "official announcement" (I have heard a LOT of CM stories that turned out to be true and a LOT that turned out to be false. The bus drivers were extending the monorail thru the "black" section of the Swan for YEARS!!!!!)

Am I the only person who thinks that these CMs don't REALLY know anymore then we do.... Disney is not going to send a "super secret" email to it's CMs or have a meeting etc simply because they KNOW the CMs would leak it.... So what happens is CM one "hears" it's a DVC, CM two learns it from CM one etc. So it becomes "FACT" in the mind of the CMs. Now that "FACT" is not based on anything but "rumors" unless there is an "official announcement" (I have heard a LOT of CM stories that turned out to be true and a LOT that turned out to be false. The bus drivers were extending the monorail thru the "black" section of the Swan for YEARS!!!!!)

Unfortunately, people gossip everywhere, not just at Disney. It's hearsay until the company makes an announcement. i wouldn't anticipate an announcement anytime soon, since they just announced AKL DVC......

When bell services brought our luggage up to us at VWL, he seemed to have no qualms about telling us all about the new DVC coming to the contemporary...described the same c-shaped building that has been shown on these boards. I think he was a little disappointed that I had already heard all about it, but he was very confident in his information. Well, like Dory...just keep waiting, waiting, waiting...

Last August a Cast Member who no longer works on the Atrium Club Concierge floor at the Contemporary told me DVC would be coming to the Contemporary when I asked him about the rumor. He went on to say what it was going be like and it did not sound like he was making up anything of what he told me. Also he told me this info before the Animal Kingdom Lodge DVC building was announced, in fact at the time no one was even guessing that the Animal Kingdom Lodge was getting a DVC building. Finally I will say again if the DVC building at the Contemporary is just a rumor, why did they tear down the North Garden Wing?

Now this is going off topic a little but everyone knows by now that the Contemporary arcade is moving the Fantasia store on the 4th floor, since it just closed and is borded up. Well there was no official announcement, however another Cast Member who has worked there for more then 15 years said that is what will happen last August and again in December. So based on the info she told me it has come true.

I am brand new to DVC and I'm just curious why some of you really want a CRV? I want to know so I can join in on the excitement! :cool1: Thanks! :thumbsup2

Unfortunately, people gossip everywhere, not just at Disney. It's hearsay until the company makes an announcement. i wouldn't anticipate an announcement anytime soon, since they just announced AKL DVC......

:rotfl2: Yeah, but at my company what we gossip about does not normally get posted on the Internet as fact!

I don't think the CMs at CR have "confidential' info. Somehow I doubt that Bob Igor is going "Let ONLY tell the CMs at CR about our plans" LOL!

I think it may eventually come, but I think that it's kind of like some of the Jim Hill rumors. Eventually even a blind squirrel finds a nut. It's not that they really know, it's just that when it does happen they can all say "SEE I KNEW" when in truth they know what we do (NADA) LOL!

I don't think the CMs at CR have "confidential' info.

I agree. I think that between the leaked artwork, demolition of the north wing and the decade-long rumors of DVC coming to the CR, these rumors are just looping around so many times that they have become regarded as fact by many.

I'm not saying it won't happen, just that the rumors are based more on what we've all read on the Internet rather than a confidential source like someone in Imagineering. People just seem to give the rumors more gravity when they come from a CM than Average Joe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter