Contemporary or Boulder Ridge for 1 night

Kemba

Earning My Ears
Hi, we are a group of 3 adults and 2 kids(9 and 2).
We would like to go to MK for just one day and are wondering if the Contemporary or Boulder Ridge would be a better choice for just one night. We are staying at a moderate afterwards.
We plan to park at the resort in the morning (driving over from offsite hotel )and go immediately to the park(RD would be great but will settle for within the first half hour or so after park opening). Boulder Ridge is cheaper which appeals to me but I'm not sure if it would take too much time to get to MK by boat vs walking path at Contemporary. We also want to leave in the afternoon and then return for the fireworks so ease especially with a toddler is ideal.
Any advice would be appreciated!

Given your desire to enter MK as early as possible and also leave and return later, I’d pick CR. Being able to walk to and from MK on your schedule gives you better control of your time. I love BRV and would stay there for ambiance, but waiting for the boat or bus to/from MK ( you can take either) would eat into your limited time.

Given your desire to enter MK as early as possible and also leave and return later, I’d pick CR. Being able to walk to and from MK on your schedule gives you better control of your time. I love BRV and would stay there for ambiance, but waiting for the boat or bus to/from MK ( you can take either) would eat into your limited time.
^ This.

I’d prefer Boulder Ridge for the resort ambiance and pools. But if your number one request is easy access to and from MK, your best bet is Contemporary.

BRV is pretty much our favorite location and the recent renovations are terrific. However, the CR would win with the convenience factor. It doesn’t get much easier to access the MK on your own schedule. And you would have the monorail as a back-up if needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter