Contemporary Resort- Atrium Club Level

AshFox724

Earning My Ears
Hi fellow Disney People,

I booked a semi- last minute 3 night at the CR with atrium club level for a Mothers Day trip. I am a super over planner generally and really get anxiety going new places without the most information that I can find. We have never stayed at Contemporary and never done CL there either obviously. The only CL we have done on Disney property was AKL last July and I wasn't thrilled with it.

I am taking my mom and my son for the 3 nights to celebrate a whole bunch crammed into 3 nights (As much as I wish I was, I am not rich yet unfortunately). Cramming in Mothers day for my mom and myself, my birthday, her birthday, and me being done with chemo finally. Lots to pack into those 3 nights! lol.

Could you all please do me a huge favor and post any and all photos that you have of the CR atrium area and the CR CL lounge. I always worry that my mom and son won't enjoy the food in the lounge, so photos and details about your trip would be gratefully appreciated to alleviate some of my anxiety.

Also, any tips on how to make the most of the trip would be appreciated. My son wants to do a guided fishing trip, and we plan to go to MK for a few hours one evening so that my mom can do her few rides she loves, but other than that we plan to hang around the resort and find stuff to do.

Again. Any and all input and advice and recommendations are all greatly appreciated!

Hi fellow Disney People,

I booked a semi- last minute 3 night at the CR with atrium club level for a Mothers Day trip. I am a super over planner generally and really get anxiety going new places without the most information that I can find. We have never stayed at Contemporary and never done CL there either obviously. The only CL we have done on Disney property was AKL last July and I wasn't thrilled with it.

I am taking my mom and my son for the 3 nights to celebrate a whole bunch crammed into 3 nights (As much as I wish I was, I am not rich yet unfortunately). Cramming in Mothers day for my mom and myself, my birthday, her birthday, and me being done with chemo finally. Lots to pack into those 3 nights! lol.

Could you all please do me a huge favor and post any and all photos that you have of the CR atrium area and the CR CL lounge. I always worry that my mom and son won't enjoy the food in the lounge, so photos and details about your trip would be gratefully appreciated to alleviate some of my anxiety.

Also, any tips on how to make the most of the trip would be appreciated. My son wants to do a guided fishing trip, and we plan to go to MK for a few hours one evening so that my mom can do her few rides she loves, but other than that we plan to hang around the resort and find stuff to do.

Again. Any and all input and advice and recommendations are all greatly appreciated!

The bookish princess is my go-to for disney resort videos. For each resort she has done that I also have done she is spot on with info.

I have a CR atrium cl trip upcoming too. I love walking in the morning and knowing you'll won't be late for MK opening!

FYI the security now is located along the walkway to MK, about midway. For the monorail it's in the lobby prior to entering escalor to go up for mono. You will not need to go through security at MK , it lets you off and you go directly to turnstiles.

CR does not have the most plentiful of food however the unique themeing makes it my 2nd fav lounge. (Poly wins with a 2 story lounge)

I often grab lunch at QS at the resort and bring up to lounge or my room. I grab beverages and snacks from lounge to go with it. With a great view from the 11th floor enjoy it as much as possible!

Have fun, looks like you all have lots to celebrate and be thankful for:)

Hi fellow Disney People,

I can't help as we've never stayed at the CR, but wanted to say I hope you have a great time! You have a lot to celebrate, hope you have a magical trip :wizard:.

My family has done CR CL 4 times now, as well as AKL CL, and we LOVE CR!! My kids are 10 & 4 and always ask when we can go back to CR CL. The food is pretty standard, nothing too crazy like AKL, but it is good. The cast members are phenomenal and went above and beyond to ensure both my kids had a magical stay. I will try and find some pics to upload in a bit, but my favorite thing to do was sit on the CL balcony with a glass of wine and watch the MK fireworks. You will have so much fun!

Adding on to op's question.... If you book an Atrium level Club Level room, are you guaranteed to be on the 12th floor where the club is located? I know at other resorts you can be assigned rooms on other floors? Thanks in advance for any info!

Adding on to op's question.... If you book an Atrium level Club Level room, are you guaranteed to be on the 12th floor where the club is located? I know at other resorts you can be assigned rooms on other floors? Thanks in advance for any info!
Yes unless there was a last minute issue which would be rare. In that case they would try to move you up to Tower Cl first.

The bookish princess is my go-to for disney resort videos. For each resort she has done that I also have done she is spot on with info.

I have a CR atrium cl trip upcoming too. I love walking in the morning and knowing you'll won't be late for MK opening!

FYI the security now is located along the walkway to MK, about midway. For the monorail it's in the lobby prior to entering escalor to go up for mono. You will not need to go through security at MK , it lets you off and you go directly to turnstiles.

CR does not have the most plentiful of food however the unique themeing makes it my 2nd fav lounge. (Poly wins with a 2 story lounge)

I often grab lunch at QS at the resort and bring up to lounge or my room. I grab beverages and snacks from lounge to go with it. With a great view from the 11th floor enjoy it as much as possible!

Have fun, looks like you all have lots to celebrate and be thankful for:)
Hi,
I'm really struggling to figure out the forums, and I just really need to ask a question about CR Atrium CL evening hors d'oeuvres offerings and timing. I read @GADisneyDad14 report about Tower Level and from what I'm reading the offerings are very close. My question is, does some of the food run out? Would we still have the same choices at 6:30 pm as the guests that arrive at 5 pm?
We are planning our trip for early December, and both of us (seniors over 70) are more early to bed, early to rise people and of our 7 day stay, will probably only stay late at Epcot, hopefully when they have evening hours for Deluxe resort guests. Our plan is to head back from the parks in time for evening snacks, and then hang out in our room, until after the fireworks to sleep. (Can't waste that theme park view!). We will be eating table service lunch in the parks every day, so won't require a large dinner.
I know, too much information, lol! I guess I'm trying to decide if this is a reasonable plan.
Thank you to anyone who knows this answer!
I specifically asked @trishadono I see you post frequently 😃

Hi,
I'm really struggling to figure out the forums, and I just really need to ask a question about CR Atrium CL evening hors d'oeuvres offerings and timing. I read @GADisneyDad14 report about Tower Level and from what I'm reading the offerings are very close. My question is, does some of the food run out? Would we still have the same choices at 6:30 pm as the guests that arrive at 5 pm?
We are planning our trip for early December, and both of us (seniors over 70) are more early to bed, early to rise people and of our 7 day stay, will probably only stay late at Epcot, hopefully when they have evening hours for Deluxe resort guests. Our plan is to head back from the parks in time for evening snacks, and then hang out in our room, until after the fireworks to sleep. (Can't waste that theme park view!). We will be eating table service lunch in the parks every day, so won't require a large dinner.
I know, too much information, lol! I guess I'm trying to decide if this is a reasonable plan.
Thank you to anyone who knows this answer!
I specifically asked @trishadono I see you post frequently 😃
There is always a chance something could run out but with all the cl’s I have done that really hasn’t been an issue for the appetizers. I want to say a sudden really bad storm at 5pm or so can cause a bit of crowding however but food gets replenished.

Desserts? The good ones go fast and while there will be something out they don’t have an unlimited supply of each item.

CR view is so amazing dd and I leave the curtains open all night so we can peek at the castle !

Oh thanks for asking!

Last another must do is to just stand in the hall and watch the comings and going in the atrium below for a few minutes. Our 1st stay in the tower I kept running back and forth from the balcony to hall to soak in the sights!! That it until 13 yr old Ds (at the time) told me to stop 🙄😂

My question is, does some of the food run out? Would we still have the same choices at 6:30 pm as the guests that arrive at 5 pm?

You read about an occasional situation or two if you read these boards enough... but I've personally never experienced food running out to any material degree in my CL travels. Possible, yes, common, no. I agree with PP - throw in a 5pm storm/pool closure and the resulting stampede to the lounge and you may have some moments where things get low for a bit, but that's relatively rare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter