Contemporary Resort: Main Tower vs Garden Wing

jennrecord

Earning My Ears
Hi.. I am trying to decide between staying in the main tower of the contemporary versus the garden wing.. can someone tell me exactly how far of a walk it is from main tower to the beginning of the garden wing? and how long is the garden wing? is it worth it for the cost savings? We know about the rooms facing the fireworks and aren't that interested in them, esp. if we can watch from the 4th floor observation deck. Thanks

The garden wing borders the pool, so it is right outside the back door of the contemporary. Your view could be the pool, the lake, or a parking lot. Some people think that it is a long walk if your room is at the end of the wing. We did not find that to be true. We enjoyed the quiet of the garden wing. We loved our view of the lake. We also liked our first floor room, as the children were able to play outside in the grass while we relaxed on the patio. A little down time is always nice! If you are in the tower then there is no where to go except the balcony, and this mom is afraid of heights! If you would like a break from the fast pace of the parks, I would recommend the garden wing.

I stayed in the Tower last summer and walked over to the Garden Wing to do laundry and check it out. I walked all around the Wing area and it was very nice and it was quiet. I loved the idea of having a patio and watching the boats from WL and FW to MK going by. The rooms are the same rooms, once inside. However, TBH, if I could swing it, I would definitely always choose to be in the Tower. The Tower has more of the hustle and bustle and definitely more of a Disney feel. I would certainly stay in the GW but only to save money.
The walk is not bad but depends on where in the wing you are placed. It could be substantial!

Hi.. I am trying to decide between staying in the main tower of the contemporary versus the garden wing.. can someone tell me exactly how far of a walk it is from main tower to the beginning of the garden wing? and how long is the garden wing? is it worth it for the cost savings? We know about the rooms facing the fireworks and aren't that interested in them, esp. if we can watch from the 4th floor observation deck. Thanks
Back on Veteran's Day, we signed up for a Military discount that landed us on the 14th floor at a great cost. We are ecstatic with anticipation of our trip in a couple weeks!

We have only stayed in the garden wing. We were in the middle bldg and did not feel like the walk was long at all. It was a covered path between the main bldg and the entrance. We loved being on the first floor. We had a patio overlooking the pool. With a stroller it was great to not need the tower elevator all the time. Instead we strolled over to the buses and the Magic Kingdom. It was very easy access to the pool. Much easier than being in the tower.

I have stayed in the Tower with Magic Kingdom view and it was Awesome!!!! We have also stayed in the Garden Wing on the first floor. That was one of the years we drove and they put us in the farthest room away but..... the parking lot was right there, we had a patio with a grassy area and the view of the water and the monorail. We were the last room on the end and I have to say even though it was far from lobby we Loved it!!!! it seemed a bit roomier which was nice because there was 5 of us. If I ever stay there again I would opt for Garden View first floor :D

I've only stayed in the garden wing...and loved it. I don't know if I would like the chaos of the Tower (but I'm sure I could get used to it...).

The Contemporary just isn't that big, so I wouldn't worry at all about the length of the walk to/from the garden wing, myself.

We stayed in the Garden Wing a few years ago and I didn't know (pre-Dis) to request a room close to the tower and we were at the very far end. The walk wasn't too far when it was just going to the Monorail, but it was too far to just run and refill our mugs, etc. If we were ever to stay there again I would splurge for a tower room.

I always dreamed of staying at the Contemporary. Every night leaving the parks you look over at the Contemporary and say "I want to stay there". Well, last summer we did. And, I decided if I'm going to stay there, I'm going to stay with a theme park view. Nothing could be better. Loved my entire stay. I know it costs more, but if you are going to stay at the Contemporary, do it with a theme park view. :love:

We have stayed in the garden wing of the CR twice. We have never stayed in the tower, although I would really love to. Both stays we booked a standard view, to be able to enjoy the resort at the least expensive price. The first time we got lucky and were upgraded to a hospitality suite which was the first room when coming from the tower, so it was super close, and very convenient. The next time, we were located much further out in the garden wing but the walk was OK.

For the price difference, the garden wing room was great. But if I could afford it, I would love to try an MK view in the tower.

I think a lot of it depends on what type of family you are. My family is a go go go type of WDW family. We hit the parks hard. So for us the tower is the place to be...quick access to monorail/buses/QS/mug refills etc. For some that take a more relaxed approach, the GW is the way to go. It's not that far of a walk & is quiet.

I was lucky enough as a kid to have gone to the Contemporary quite a few times and it remains my favorite resort! Try to stay in the Tower if you can. To me, there was nothing so exciting as opening the door in the morning and seeing the monorail right there! Granted, I'm a monorail nerd, but the hustle and bustle of the Grand Canyon Concourse just thrills me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter