Contemporary - smallest DVC?

I agree that CRV will likely require a greater numbe rof points per night, but there would be an uprising by CRV owners if those of us who paid substantially less for their points could get in in teh 7MO window. Just don't see how they could charge much mor per ppoint. By making higher point requirements, they'd get the same effect.

ryanmilla - No porblem!

wtpclc said:
I agree that CRV will likely require a greater numbe rof points per night, but there would be an uprising by CRV owners if those of us who paid substantially less for their points could get in in teh 7MO window. Just don't see how they could charge much mor per ppoint. By making higher point requirements, they'd get the same effect.

ryanmilla - No porblem!

Here's an idea sure to create an uproar... CRO is not DVC, but a new timeshare company that we would have to "trade" into just like Interval or something. That way Disney could charge $200 a point for CR and we would not "devalue" the points by using our 7 month window.

(I could care less, staying at CR has NEVER appealed to me. I don't like the monorail and I am not a huge MK fan.. Give me Epcot anyday!)

oh i wish you could read the post when BCV was first announced.

I didn't even believe it.

I say here that it was impossible. the BC has always been one of the most popular WDW resort - why would they allow an add on???

then I think it was decided here that it would start at $125 per point. Well it didn't. I was wrong. :teeth:

and the most amazing thing to me the points were the same as for VWL and preferred view at BWV.

many including me really though that DVC would ask for higher points for BCV - but they didn't. :banana:

Based on this board, I think they will HAVE to charge more points per night. The number of folks who can't wait to stay here seems overwhelming. BCV really is no different then BWV in terms of location so I can understand why it had to remain comparable, but...

I am holding out for AK villas.

CarolA said:
(I could care less, staying at CR has NEVER appealed to me. I don't like the monorail and I am not a huge MK fan.. Give me Epcot anyday!)

I totally agree, but it's hard to argue that it would be good for the program, shifting some demand from other smaller resorts. But, as I said, I just feel it getting further and further away with every day (and the accompanying baseless rumor) that passes.

Maintenance fees vary at all of the different DVC properties so it's likely CRV would as well, but it's not likely that the price per point will differ from whatever the current SSR selling price is at the time, assuming SSR isn't sold out by the time CRV passes from rumor into fact. If SSR is sold out, CRV can establish its own price without any problems and the members who want to pay $125 - $150 per point to have monorail rides will be able to happily do so.

If they do announce the CRV pretty soon then that will create a fairly interesting situation down the road. I am assuming that SSR will sell out in 2 -3 years (given current rates). It would be a given that CRV would sell out before SSR. This would mean that another resort would have to be in the pipeline pretty quickly after CRV in order to have something to sell after SSR.

Assuming that the program will continue to grow.

This may be the reason why the 3rd phase of SSR was announced. They knew that at the rate SSR was selling, and how quickly CRV would sell out, that they could be put back in the situation of nothing to sell.

The million dollar question is - When will DVC hit the saturation point? Though resorts may start to come fast and furious (if they do go smaller) they cannot continue indefinitely. Can they? By fast and furious I mean every couple of years.

One more question. When CRV is finally confirmed or forever put to rest, where will the next new WDW DVC Resort watch start. AKV?

someone says that there can't be a DVC AKL - because of the animals.

they didn't have any animals close to AKL when it was first built. the animals were brought in later.

and I don't think the current guests at AKL would appreciate not having their animals when they visit because of construction of a DVC AKL.

So I don't see that happening. However I have been wrong before and I would love to be wrong now! :rotfl: :goodvibes :banana:

OK, let's concentrate on the truly important issue here: CRV or VCR?

I think "Villas at the Contemporary Resort" sounds MUCH more posh than "Contemporary Resort Villas"! :rotfl2: And it had darn well better sound posh if they're going to charge extra for it either in $/pt or in pts/night. I doubt they will raise $/pt much or at all, but a few extra pts/night is a definite possibility.

Although I was not yet a DIS member when BCV was announced, I can imagine some people saying "There's not enough room!". Seems to me there's a lot more space in and around the North Wing than there was at Beach Club. So I don't see why it would need to be the smallest DVC resort.

I think VCR would be a great addition to DVC (though I'd prefer Polynesian Villas). But the best thing about it would be that it would take pressure off BCV resales and add-ons!

Well Either way I expect to have the answer regarding the North Wing soon. I expect that it will probably close in January. I believe the South Wing is scheduled to re-open at the end of October. The North Wing would possibly be kept open for the holiday season. And I do not think CR management will want to deal with complaints from guests who got stuck in the un-renovated North Wing for too long.

So, if no DVC at CR, I would expect an announcement within 2-3 months (possibly sooner) of closure of the North Wing and start of renos. If November comes along and the South Wing opens and no word on starting work on the North Wing, well that will only fuel the speculation even further.

Already I would say things are looking suspicious. When they were doing the Poly renos last year, I believe they announced closure dates for all the buildings months in advance. So if the CR is not going to DVC, why have they not already announced the closure of the North Wing?

erikthewise said:
OK, let's concentrate on the truly important issue here: CRV or VCR?

I think "Villas at the Contemporary Resort" sounds MUCH more posh than "Contemporary Resort Villas"! :rotfl2: And it had darn well better sound posh if they're going to charge extra for it either in $/pt or in pts/night. I doubt they will raise $/pt much or at all, but a few extra pts/night is a definite possibility.

Although I was not yet a DIS member when BCV was announced, I can imagine some people saying "There's not enough room!". Seems to me there's a lot more space in and around the North Wing than there was at Beach Club. So I don't see why it would need to be the smallest DVC resort.

I think VCR would be a great addition to DVC (though I'd prefer Polynesian Villas). But the best thing about it would be that it would take pressure off BCV resales and add-ons!

I like Villas at the Contemporary Resort. However, when I see VCR I think Vancouver or Video Cassette Recorder. I will give my vote for VCR though.

I think the new CR will be posh. The rooms look great, based on pictures I have seen. Hopefully, they can do similar to the common areas and upgrade the pool area.

I have a feeling that they are looking to re-position the CR in the WDW marketplace. For all it is a deluxe it does not compare favorable to the top hotels. The plan may be that once the renos are complete the CR will be in the same league as the GF and YC. For years the GF has been considered the flagship resort. Combine the CR's location and the extensive renos and it could challenge the GF for that crown.

Doesn't the CR stay booked already with CRO? I guess I'm wondering why they would take something they are already making a ton of money on and convert it to a DVC property. It would be great to have, but I feel like they will annouce another brand new project similar to SSR: big, and further away!

CR because of it's location should have rack rates similiar to the Polyn

Polyn Garden view $315
Cont gard view (wings) - $290

Poly Lagoon view - $410
Cont Tower - $355
hey I just noticed the MK tower has a different rate - $385

now these are the starting rates.

the Polyn can fill most of its room with rack rates prices.

the Cont generally has to give discounts.

I have gotten the wings at $125.

My personal opinion is that if they are planning a CRV or VCR, they are holding back on announcing it while they slowly inch up the price for DVC points every 2-3 months by $3-8.

What is it now? $98/point? By next year it will be well over $100. There will continue selling SSR but with added "incentives" that will in effect lower the price per point. I believe that they did this while seeling HH & VB at the same time as selling WDW DVC property.

You get people checking out DVC because of CRV/VCR but having them buy in at SSR because of the $15-20 off incentive instead of CRV at $115-130.

For $120 per point you can have your dream vacation home at the CRV just a stone throw away from the Magic Kingdom. Do this annd I promise you year's of many great vacations and your children will love you even more.

Whats that?

You cannot afford $120 per point.

Well I do have something else that may interest you. We have another resort we are building called SSR. Its right across from DTD and comes with all the amenities you can ask for. This also goes for $120 per point. But if you act now you will qualify for our incentive of $21 per point off.

Yes, you can still have your WDW dream vacations for as little as $99 per point. And your children will still love you more.

And the great thing about SSR is that not only are the annual dues also cheaper, but you never have to stay there. Yes, you heard me right, you do not have to stay there. At the 7 month booking window just call MS and they will book your vacation at the wonderful VCR.

It will just be like owning there except your deed says SSR.

What a great deal.

And just think of your happy children.

Cash or Credit?

SleepyatDVC said:
My personal opinion is that if they are planning a CRV or VCR, they are holding back on announcing it while they slowly inch up the price for DVC points every 2-3 months by $3-8.

Not much evidence to support that. The price history at SSR is as follows:

Aug '03: $89
May '04: $95
June '05: $98

I would like to see DVC announce TWO NEW DVC resorts. They have built the biggest... now thet can build two tiny gem stones... DVC introduces VCR, WDW's first Monorail DVC resort and Disneylands very first DVC project The Villas of Strawberry fields, a short shuttle from Walt's Disneyland and DCA. Built on the same timeline... People would go insane!

Laura,

You know, that would be problematic...I have budgeted for one more add on...and we're DL/DCA freaks, and I'm a CR freak from way back (first stay on property in '76). It could all come down to rock-paper-scissors in our house if your scenario appears! So yes, this would be one household losing its mind! (assuming we ever had one!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter