• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Contents of DU Surprise Gift

peg2001

<font color=FF6600>Can drive DH away with a banana
Is anyone willing to "spill the beans" on what they found in their Dreams Unlimited surprise gift given when 8 or more cabins are reserved for a single cruise through DU?

Just curious!
Peggy

I agree with Jody - its supposed to be a surprise.

BTW on our Wonder cruise this past May our gift from Dreams was not what jelo511 got. Maybe they mix it up to really make it a surprise.

I've deleted my original post.... Sorry if I offended anyone. I really didn't think it was a suprise.

Oh no! Now you are going to tell me that I shouldn't be snipping the tape on the Christmas presents under the tree to take a quick peek. . .;)

I'd still like to know. :p

Peggy

Lori,

You didn't offend me. I just happen to like the surprise element. Plus I found it interesting that what you got as your surprise was different than what we got. I really do wonder if they mix it up some.

My son has life threatening food allergies to all nuts and is allergic to milk. There are more than 8 families booked on our May cruise. I would prefer that a food item not be sent to our cabin just in case. Should I contact Donna at DU? I was planning on ordering a basket from Shirley for both kids with specific "safe" items-do they use Shirley for these gifts?

gfolchick - I was sent a food item, and having a friend who's son is allergic to milk, I can tell you that some of the items wouldn't have been appropriate for him. I can't remember about any nuts, but I'd contact Donna at DU to put in your request. Also, these gifts are delivered by Disney's stateroom gift service, not by Shirley.

Actually the gifts are always the same for all clients, it's not an option, sorry. :(

Shirley at the Perfect Gift did a lovely job with the 18th birthday gift basket she did for my DD in October. Meg was in heaven! :)

CC

Not sure if it's the same, but we got a castaway crate in our room from Dreams on our January cruise.

Here's a pic of the contents...

*close eyes now if you want to be surprised* :)

Magicsailawaycrate.gif

Cass, it has changed from that when DCL changed their Gift Options. Personally I liked that one better, but no one asked me. ;)
CC

We have sailed twice when DU qualified, and received different gifts each time. On Magic 1/02 had DD with us and received the "Crate". On Wonder 10/02 without DD received more "adult" goodies, but G rated none the less!! I wonder if they base it on your sailing party configuration?

Susan

Susan,

If I understand Cathy correctly they did change from the crate shown (which is what we got on our May 02 cruise). We loved it. Sorry to hear they changed, but any surprise is a nice surprise.

Cathy - if they ask again tell them to go back to the crate. :)

CC,

that's too bad, those were the BEST pretzels I have EVER tasted!!! Oh well, anything extra is a great bonus! :)

Cathy,
We really did enjoy the cruise. Our Server (Janina from S. Africa)and Assistant Server (Giorgio from Brazil) were great! This was our third cruise in three years, and these two were the best!
One comment would be to make some changes to the menu and programs. This past cruise had approx. 944 returning cruisers. Just my thought.

Good news Walter, I believe they ARE changing the menus! I have noted that on my Comment cards for the past 5 cruises for exactly the reason that you said! ;)

I have done 10 Disney cruises and each one has been better than the one before!

Cathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter