Contest: DIS caption contest

pkondz

Brace yourself for immediate disintegration
This is a continuation of the original caption contest started HERE...by DIS member Uncle Servo.

and continued HERE...by DIS member trennr.

As of July 2011 your Host is: pkondz

Trust me, he's awesome.

The original rules will Still apply...
  • I/We'll start things off by posting a Disney-related picture.
  • DISers (that's all of us) submit a funny caption for the picture for a certain number of days -- unless someone has a better idea, we'll start out at 3 days for caption submissions.
  • DISers (again, that's all of us) then vote on whose caption was the best for a certain number of days -- again, we'll use 3 days unless someone has a better suggestion.
  • I'll tally up the votes. Whoever wins posts a picture and we repeat the process. Unlike some of the other contests here, there won't be a separate voting thread -- this'll be a 'one-stop shopping' kinda thing. :)

Game Format:
  • SATURDAY-MONDAY (morning): The winner of the previous round has until noon (Eastern Standard Time) to post a new image.
  • After Picture is posted - WEDNESDAY: Captions are submitted
  • THURSDAY - FRIDAY: Votes are cast
  • FRIDAY (afternoon/evening): Winner is declared. Lather, rinse, repeat. :)

THE RULES ('cuz ya know we gotta have rules or at least 'guidelines' pirate: ...) -- PLEASE READ!!!!!
  • All pictures must have been taken on (or of) Disney-owned property. This includes parks, resorts, stores, cruise ships, and Castaway Cay.
  • You must vote to be eligible to win. If you got the most votes, but you yourself didn't vote, then the person with the second most votes wins. In the event of a tie, then whoever gained all of his/her votes first is the winner.
  • You may submit a caption to your own picture if it's your turn to post one.
  • Only one caption per image please. You may edit your caption if you think you have a better one before voting begins -- otherwise only your most recent caption will be considered.
  • Please don't comment on someone else's caption(s) until after voting has begun.
  • You may join in at any time, but please stick with what's going on at the time (i.e., don't post another picture when we're captioning one already or submit another caption when we're voting).
  • No voting for yourself... even if you do think yours is the best... ;)
  • Please remember that the overall DISboards rules of behavior still apply. Hopefully I won't have to ask anyone to edit his/her caption, but if I do please understand that I'm just trying to keep things "family-friendly" here.
  • When it's your turn to post an image, please try to host it yourself if at all possible.
  • If you're posting more than one image, try to post it as a 'two-fer' combo that only gets one caption.
  • I personally would greatly appreciate it if you DID NOT quote the original image when submitting your own caption. Just makes things easier all around.
  • If the winner doesn't post his/her image within the allotted time, the person who had the second highest number of votes will be asked to post an image and declared the winner instead.
  • Be original, be funny, and above all -- HAVE FUN! :cool1:

LAST BUT NOT LEAST: I'd like to thank everyone for posting their images (when its their turn) and playing along to keep this game going.

So just to keep everyone on the same page... er, thread? Whatever...

Here's the latest pic and the quotes to date.

I thought ZZ Top would be a popular caption, just glad I got it in first.

Here is a new one for you.

IMG_4506.jpg

I hope she doesn't find out I'm only after her booty...

"I'll be 18 in 2019, why do you ask?"

Wow! Katie Holmes! And you're going to be in the next Pirates sequel! Cool! Want to go on a date?

Well, you are taller than the last man I was with.... sure, here's my number.

Angelica: What do you mean by..."Give me your digits?"

"Pirate? No, this is my Madonna outfit!"

Okay, so let me get this straight. BigTikiDaddy will be here August 18-27? And will be looking for photos? Time for me to take the week off! Thanks for the tip-off kid!

It's time to vote!

I hope she doesn't find out I'm only after her booty...

"I'll be 18 in 2019, why do you ask?"

Wow! Katie Holmes! And you're going to be in the next Pirates sequel! Cool! Want to go on a date?

Well, you are taller than the last man I was with.... sure, here's my number.

"Pirate? No, this is my Madonna outfit!"

Okay, so let me get this straight. BigTikiDaddy will be here August 18-27? And will be looking for photos? Time for me to take the week off! Thanks for the tip-off kid!

The wet look is in.

No, I'm not Justin Bieber. Do you still want my autograph?

Darn, I was going to think about this one and come back to it. Never did. Oh well.

Lorilais_mommie

trennr

This had me :rotfl2:

The winner is DBL101!

DBL101 has until Noon Eastern on Monday to post the next picture.

Trennr

honourable mention to BigTikiDaddy

Whoops, found the new thread too late, sorry Trennr.

declansdad said:
Trennr

honourable mention to BigTikiDaddy

Whoops, found the new thread too late, sorry Trennr.

I am assuming this is what happened at least. I was looking so forward to seeing her, and when we were there, Pirate Goofy was in her spot, the CM said she had the "week off". Grr

I'm hooked! I've checked backed 6 times today looking for the new pic!

Can it wait to post one of mine own and see what quotes you guys come up with.. :-)

I'm hooked! I've checked backed 6 times today looking for the new pic!

Can it wait to post one of mine own and see what quotes you guys come up with.. :-)

Well if DBL101 doesn't post by noon tomorrow, you'll get your chance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter