Converting AAA Room Only Ressie to AAA Package?

travellady

If only the world could be like WDW every day!
2 months ago I made tentative ressies for WDW, POR because we knew we wouldn't know for sure if we really could go the first week of April. Well, we found out the other day we can, I purchased our airline tickets, and we're headed out in 12 days.

My ressie is room only AAA. I'm looking into the DDP and it may be a benefit for us. We do need only 1 day Park Hopper tickets since we have some left over Park Hopper plus days from a trip a few years ago.

Does anyone know if I can convert my current AAA room only ressies to a package? There are no AAA discounts left for POR the week we're going, or any other mod for that matter, so I can't cancel and rebook. But, could I take the existing room ressie and convert to a package? No issues paying in full at this point since we know we're going.

Probably the only one that can truly answer your question is a AAA travel agent.
(The only way you can book a AAA package is through AAA--you can book a room only with the discount through Disney reservations, but not a package.)

We have a AAA package for April, and had to make a last minute change (adding a person), and had no problem, but your situation may be a little trickier.

Did you book through AAA? If not, this could be a problem. i WAS UNABLE TO CONVER MY ROOM ONLY BOOKED BY PHONE, I HAD TO CANCEL AND START OVER, WHICH IF THEY'RE SOLD OUT MIGHT NOT BE POSSIBLE. i HOPE THEY CAN DO IT FOR YOU THOUGH. MAYBE MY GUY WAS INEXPERIENCED??

ARRGGH!1! baby hit cap lock, sorry, not yellling

I"ve decided not to convert my room only with AAA discount to a AAA package to get the DDP, assuming they could do it.

I've worked through the numbers and don't believe for us it will be worth it. Our first day, we'll get there about 9PM so at the most, we'll have a light dinner. The last day, we'll have breakfast only.

And, my son and I often share meals due ot portion size, and we don't take advantage of table service meals everyday. When I ran the numbers, some days we'll spend less than what the DDP would cost in total, other days slightly more. And, we rarely order desserts after a meal so no huge benefit there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter