Convince me to go for the Grand Slam on the Wonder...

I have been on all four and like you, love the Fantasy. The Wonder was our first. I am trying it again next week as I wanted the Southern Caribbean. Hoping I am wowed a bit more. It did take some convincing for me to book it. I guess as other have said, it is Disney so I know I will have a great time. But do I expect to come home loving it as much as the Fantasy, I highly doubt.

For those of you who found it less crowded, is that so of Cabanas? We only did the Magic once and noone understood the "pods". People were lined up out the door to the elevators even though CM's were telling them not to line up. I am hoping that we don't have this issue on the Wonder. It was very frustrating.

We were on the Wonder several years ago and didn't have that problem at Cabanas. We'll be on her again in March for an Eastern Car. cruise, would love to do a Southern one though. I wish the Magic would do a 7night Southern some time, haven't been on the Magic for over 10 years. Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Last edited:
We were on the Wonder several years ago and didn't have that problem at Cabanas. We'll be on her again in March for an Eastern Car. cruise, would love to do a Southern one though. I wish the Magic would do a 7night Southern some time, haven't been on the Magic for over 10 years. Hope you enjoy your cruise.
Had a great time but once again, Cabanas people line up til outside the handwashing station. I start at the middle and work backwards and they look at me like I am cutting in line, lol..... thought by the end of the 7 days they would figure it out, but they didn't. Southern Caribbean was amazing though, Bonaire was our favorite port, Disney's first visit there. Loved it.

We love the Fantasy too. We just went on the Wonder though and loved it.
I don’t know what it was about that ship but I liked it more than Magic.
I loved Tritons, Tiana’s Place, Frozen stage show (even though we are not huge Frozen fans) and most of all just loved the staff. Not that I had bad service on any of the ships, but really felt like I was with old friends on the Wonder. The bartenders recognized me (well ok maybe that’s not a good thing:crazy:) everyone was just awesome.
It might have had something to do with the itinerary too - Southern Caribbean. Loved it.
We missed Aqua Duck a lot, but now I would say Wonder is right up there for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter