Convince me

Jason2015

Mouseketeer
I am going to be in Orlando for a conference at the Gaylord and will have some solo time at WDW. Currently, I'm booked at POR for three nights and WL for two. Yet, I just come across a reservation at an Embassy Suites that can save me about $500. I love staying on property but won't use EMH since I will be at the conference during the day. Are there other advantages of stay on property-besides saving $20 to park my car-that would make it worth spending the extra money? I'm torn between my love or Disney and my love of a deal.

I'd check to make sure there's no hidden resort fees with the other place. They may also charge you for parking at the other Resort.

I'd check to make sure there's no hidden resort fees with the other place. They may also charge you for parking at the other Resort.
They do have a resort fee and a parking fee-but when taken into account I can still save close to $500. I go next week so I already have fast passes. I'm trying to logically convince myself to go to the Disney resorts (as that is where my heart already is) yet the savings for a one person trip is significant.

How about skipping the Wilderness Lodge and booking all Disney Moderate Hotels? That could save you some money from that $500 difference in price.

For me, the big advantage is not having to drive back to your hotel late at night in the dark. Just take the Disney bus!

We were considering the same ( not the ES but others in the area ) and decided that it was worth it to stay on property. Transportation and theme is what won out for us.

If you are going to be doing work in your room, stay at the Embassy. It's more business friendly. If your work day ends whenever you exit the convention, stay onsite for maximum Disney time. Certainly, if you stay at POR and WL, your experience will be more fun. Just walking around the resort or using the pool will be beautiful.

I'm surprised you didn't get a great convention rate at the Gaylord. Since it seems you are paying for your accommodations don't forget to claim an unreimbursed business expense!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter