Cookie Recipes

mommytotwo

DIS Veteran
Most of the time when I make cookies, they turn out flat . I would love to have recipes, and tips for cookies that would be nice, and plump. Especially to make those jumbo size cookies.

Does anyone have recipes, and tips they could share?

I have a few tips.
Don't overmix your butter and sugar, you want them creamed, but not fluffy (like you would for a cake).
Pop the tray of cookie dough (pan too) into the freezer for few minutes before baking.
Don't overbake
If all else fails add 1/2 cup flour to your recipe.
Hope that helps! :)

Everything monkeybug says. And use butter, NOT margerine.

Cold dough always works better for cookies.

You're not doing anything like cutting out salt in the recipes, are you?

Assuming you're not - and that you're using fresh baking soda, not stuff been sitting around a year or two, heh - keep the butter cooler rather than warmer, as above with the overcreaming, keep the dough itself cooler, and use more dough.

If you keep the dough cool, didn't have the butter too melty when you started and use bigger balls of dough, should work.

Make sure your butter is soft but not too soft or it will contribute to the cookies being flat.

Most of the time when I make cookies, they turn out flat . I would love to have recipes, and tips for cookies that would be nice, and plump. Especially to make those jumbo size cookies.

Does anyone have recipes, and tips they could share?

Be sure that you put the dough on COOL baking sheets before you put it in the oven. Don't take the baking sheet out of the oven, take a batch of cookies off the sheet then put new dough onto it while it is still warm. That makes the dough too warm at the start and the cookies tend to spread out.

For starters, I always stir in the dry ingredients and never use a beater.

Do you have an oven thermometer in your oven to check the temp?

Are you in a high altitude place? Maybe you need to alter the recipe?

Editing to say, I also use an "Air Bake" pan and it really does help.

To get less flat cookies you need to cut out fat from the recipe. When I make cookies from a box mix I always cut out a shade less than 1/4 of the stick of butter (it usually calls for a full stick). I get nice "poofy" cookies that way.

also, when softening butter, let it soften naturally on the counter, not in the microwave

Fresh ingredients are key
Don't over mix when putting the dry ingredients (makes dough tough)
Take them out of the oven before you think they are done
Best days to make cookies is when it's raining!
Don't get cheap flour. Better when using high quality flour.
Butter/shortening mix is the best (I use 1/2 cup Crisco/2sticks of butter
for chocolate chip cookies)
Use an air bake pan for best outcome

Awesome website with tons of recipes! :cool1:
I know it's a Christmas site but I use it year round for the recipes! :santa:

If the recipe calls for eggs, don't use them straight from the fridge--set them out on the counter to go to room temperature. I found this made a ton in difference in how puffy my cookies are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter