Cool/Different things to have signed?

g8torphan

Mouseketeer
Been thinking of having the characters sign something other than an autograph book.
I've seen people with picture frame mats, but really not much else.

I was thinking about bringing a Disney kids book and having it signed, or maybe a shirt.

What different things have you had signed?

TIA

I would take something that meant something to your kids. Ask them. Mine loved getting autographs when they were little enough not to know any better.

I saw someone the other day getting a bigger white Mickey Vinylmation signed. I thought that was pretty cool.

We've had characters sign a set of pillowcases. They are still my daughters favorite souvenir. Everyone who saw them while at the parks absolutely loved them.

We went to a disney channel stars meet and greet and brought a 8x11 canvas that they signed. We got so many comments on it. Then I was able to take it home and hang it on the kids walls. I think that would be a great idea for the characters too, just annoying to have to carry around.

I spray painted an ugly large vinylmation and had the characters sign it. I would definitely use a couple more layers of the top coat next time but it came out pretty good...

IMG_1026_zps7fcc813d.jpg

I have a grey drawstring backpack that I use for my park bag. I have all of the characters sign it. It started out as a fluke when dd was meeting Sofia but had forgotten her autograph book, but now it's our favorite souvenir. Plus, nothing extra to carry around!

We had a laminated poster of the princesses and had each lady sign on her dress. My daughter loves to display this on her bedroom wall now. Has all the main princesses on it (7 I think).
It was a great conversation starter when meeting the princesses too.

On our next visit, I plan on taking a few photo mats for the character dinners. This last trip she got a few duplicate signatures.

I love the poster idea.

We had a laminated poster of the princesses and had each lady sign on her dress. My daughter loves to display this on her bedroom wall now. Has all the main princesses on it (7 I think).
It was a great conversation starter when meeting the princesses too.

Where did you get your poster?

It's similar to an autograph book but much better. My daughter just turned 13 so we have a TON of character photos through the years. I did a photo book with my favorite shots through the years. Now instead of buying a new meaningless autograph book for each trip, we bring back the same one, with the intention of just filling in the missing ones. We have had a lot of fun with characters looking back at the old photos. Mary Poppins in December wanted to know where my daughter's costume was. I had to explain to her that it shrank in the laundry and no longer fits. Alice and the Mad Hatter had the 3 of them recreate a pose from a prior trip. The character handlers love looking at it too. Cruella was pretty ugly about the fact that we didn't have a separate page for her since we hadn't met her before.

I've decided to start getting autographs on my next trip with a friend, since neither if us have gotten then in the last 20 years. I bought 4x6" index cards and drew sketches of the characters on the cards they are going to sign. I'll bring blank cards to get signed for some and i can draw then when we get back to the room. thru fit nicely in a 4x6 photo album. Then i can add more for other trips.

My favorite "unusual" item that I have had signed was a denim jacket that I painted. It has a full body Maleficent on the back and face shots of Evil Queen and Hag on the front. At one of the Disneyana conventions, I had the back signed by Mary Costa, who was the voice of Aurora/Sleeping Beauty.

I've been drawing for years and got into cartoon drawings a couple of years back. For this upcoming May trip, I drew all the characters individually and will bring the sketches for them to sign :goodvibes

I am surprised that Disney has not thought of this and had unusual items for kids to have signed. :artist:

It seems after every attraction there is a gift shop....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter