Copenhagen Hotels Recommendation

jenniferjim

Earning My Ears
Hi! we are planning to stay for 3 nights in Copenhagen before the cruise and were wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a nice hotels for a family of 4 with 2 kids (6 and 8). Any input would help! thanks :-)

We were in the same boat as you, another couple and their daughter and my wife, son and I will be on the 10 night Norwegian Fjord and Iceland cruise next year.
We decided to give AirBnb a try, first time for any of us. And we have a nice little house (we hope) with a bedroom for each couple and each adult child. We all did a lot of research before deciding on the house we chose; after reading everything about it, location, transportation, sites to see located near by we are excited to check in. I don't know if it is allowable to post a link to the place we reserved or not. If someone else can let me know I can post a link to it.
We too are staying three nights leading up to the cruise. :yay::flower1:pixiedust:
Just have to figure out the best option for transportation to the port for six plus luggage. If anyone has any suggestions on this it would be greatly appreciated!

Hi! we are planning to stay for 3 nights in Copenhagen before the cruise and were wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a nice hotels for a family of 4 with 2 kids (6 and 8). Any input would help! thanks :-)
We enjoyed staying at the Marriott. We had a junior suite and had access to their "executive lounge" which provided us with breakfast every morning and what amounted to dinner for 2 of our 3 nights in Copenhagen. The lounge also had a 4 hour happy hour each night with complimentary beer, wine, soda, and bottle waters.

It is located right off of a bus stop and is a short walk from Tivoli and the main train station. The setting along the river is beautiful.

We were in the same boat as you, another couple and their daughter and my wife, son and I will be on the 10 night Norwegian Fjord and Iceland cruise next year.
We decided to give AirBnb a try, first time for any of us. And we have a nice little house (we hope) with a bedroom for each couple and each adult child. We all did a lot of research before deciding on the house we chose; after reading everything about it, location, transportation, sites to see located near by we are excited to check in. I don't know if it is allowable to post a link to the place we reserved or not. If someone else can let me know I can post a link to it.
We too are staying three nights leading up to the cruise. :yay::flower1:pixiedust:
Just have to figure out the best option for transportation to the port for six plus luggage. If anyone has any suggestions on this it would be greatly appreciated!
I would just book a cab. They have larger vans available.

We have stayed twice at the Tivoli Hotel. We reserved it on our own and not through Disney. We had a family room that can sleep four. The last time we stayed there our kids were 6 and 12. They have a great European breakfast buffet available to add to your room rate. We felt that the price was very reasonable. Be aware that Copenhagen is quite expensive, more expensive than Paris, Barcelona or London. Make sure that you spend a day at the Tivoli Gardens which is just a couple of blocks away and buy the unlimited rides bracelets.

There is a bus that will take you to the cruise ship port, that's what we did on the way to the ship. On the way back we took a cab to the main train station. I think it worked out to be about $30 dollars. We had 5 in our party.

Stayed in quad room with teens with sofa bed at Copenhagen plaza hotel right next to train station and across street from tivoli. Perfect location. We took the train from airport and then walked everywhere. Just had front desk call a cab the night before with our departure time of 11 am for the cruise ship. Not fancy but very nice. About $350-no breakast.

We are booked at the Adina Apartment hotel before our next cruise and the Marriott after the cruise. Single rooms for four or more people are definitely challenging to find and expensive. I think I booked a junior suite at the Marriott in order to get 4 people in there.

Our pre-cruise night was spent at Hotel Neptun (now refurbished as the Hotel SKT Annae). This is near Nyhavn, also easy walking to the Stroget. For our post cruise nights we elected to stay at The Square hotel near Tivoli Gardens. Easy walk to Tivoli, and the other end of the Stroget. We liked both of these hotels, good location and reasonable rates. Rooms small, but typical for Europe.

We were booked at Manon les Suites but had to cancel our cruise at the last minute so we never stayed there, but the pictures looked really neat and they had larger rooms than many hotels we saw.

This past May, we stayed at the Scandic Palace Hotel for three nights with our four and six year olds. It has a great location and is right across the street from Tivoli Gardens, a block or two away from the Stroget, and is also within walking distance of Rosenborg Castle and the National Museum. They have a great breakfast buffet as well.

This past May, we stayed at the Scandic Palace Hotel for three nights with our four and six year olds. It has a great location and is right across the street from Tivoli Gardens, a block or two away from the Stroget, and is also within walking distance of Rosenborg Castle and the National Museum. They have a great breakfast buffet as well.

Good to hear. We're considering this hotel for our pre-cruise stay.

We stayed at hotel Absalon 2 summers ago before our cruise and loved it. We had 3 kids and a small suite that had a queen and a sleeper sofa (our youngest was in a pack and play). It was a great location and we were able to walk easily to Tivoli and catch the bus to anywhere else we wanted to go. They had a fabulous included hot breakfast, free bike rentals, and an outdoor courtyard with a few little mini putt putt runs for kids. They also had a small game/family room inside. We were very pleased and would definitely recommend!

We stayed 3 nights pre cruise and were so glad we did. Copenhagen was so much fun! Our kids were 7,5,3 when we went. Some hits were the canal boat tour, Rosenberg Castle, Fredericksburg Castle (a short train ride out of town but very worth it- they have a fabulous children’s museum in the basement with royal dress up clothes, hands on exhibits, etc). The science museum was closed when we were there but I’ve heard it is a must see. And of course Tivoli Gardens- our kids loved it so much. Plan to spend at least an afternoon and evening if possible (it is gorgeous at night when it lights up).

We bought the Copenhagen Card at our hotel and it saved us a lot on bus fares and experiences.

Have a great trip!

We did the 12 night Dover->Copenhagen in 2016, and spent 4 days in Copenhagen after, staying at the Hotel Axel Guldsmeden. Easy walking distance to Tivoli and the main train station, ready access to bus lines, walkable to the totally hipster and trending meatpacking area (Kodbyens Fiskebar is a fantastic restaurant). Great home base from which to explore the city. We got the family suite, which was perfect for us with our teenager.

We stayed at the Scandic Palace also. Aside from it's very good location, our rooms were huge, there's AC, and the breakfast was fantastic.

We stayed at both The Tivoli (Pre-Cruise) and The Admiral (Post Cruise). The Admiral was very well centrally located to the Palaces and within easy walking district to the shopping area and Tivoli Gardens. We walked everywhere in Copenhagen. Taxis are plentiful at the hotels to get to the port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter