• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coping with Time Differences

What time is your flight from CA PST and what time will you arrive FL time? I kind of want to do a red eye when we go because a 7 hour flight with a 3 hour time change makes it seem like a whole day is gone.
We always do a red eye out of lax,leave around 10pm arrive around 6am. This way leaves the whole day to do what ever we feel like.We also schedule our return flight for the evening leaving mco around 6-8 pm.
this year our flight was scheduled to leave at 9:55 pm and arrive at 5:45am but just got pushed back 2 hours do to the 737 max thing.

We always do a red eye out of lax,leave around 10pm arrive around 6am. This way leaves the whole day to do what ever we feel like.We also schedule our return flight for the evening leaving mco around 6-8 pm.
this year our flight was scheduled to leave at 9:55 pm and arrive at 5:45am but just got pushed back 2 hours do to the 737 max thing.
I like the idea of a red-eye. It appears Southwest does not do red-eyes from San Francisco or other nearby airports, but Delta does. We did a red eye when we visited in the past, but not with kids. I think my kids will sleep most of the flight though, so it may work out.

We visit DW once a year from Hawaii, its either a 5 or 6 hour time difference. What works best for us arrival day make no plans just relax and then get to bed early. Start day 2 on Florida time not think about what time it is at home we do rope drop to close, we also go to the parks every other day this seems to help us catch up on rest too. Just go have fun and enjoy.
Third vote for resting the day of the flight. Actually, you don't even have to "rest." You can hop on the monorail and visit resorts, or the busses and look at other lobbies. The pool is also another good option. As is Disney Springs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter