Copper Creek 60 Vs Boulder Ridge 61?

IMarriedMyEllie

Earning My Ears
DVC Gold
Hello DVC experts! Can you tell me why I would spend one more point to stay at Boulder Ridge if my wife and I are the only people in the room? Is the bed that we will be sleeping on so much better at Boulder Ridge?

Is that due to your trip including one weekend day that is 1 point difference?

The past several years charts were slowly shifted around to better reflect and balance demand. That can result in certain room season/category involving a fraction of a point, but the charts need to be whole numbers so they get either rounded up or down. Could be what happened here.

I want to find out if I’m missing out on something staying at Copper Creek? Are the beds comfortable? My wife and I are just planning on doing a resort stay for the weekend. We love the amenities at wilderness lodge. We also would be willing to pay the extra point. If Boulder Ridge is a better location.

I probably wouldn’t? The BR rooms are a little bigger if I recall correctly but the CCV ones are IN the wilderness lodge while the BRV ones are in their own adjacent building.

The difference in the point charts is meaningless. They matched the point charts when they built CCV but then shifted seasons around, and they couldn’t keep the point charts exactly the same when they did that.

The CCV studios are 338 sq. ft, BRV 359 sq ft, a noticeable difference and the reason why the BRV studio has the extra smaller-than-twin-size bed that pulls out of a cabinet and thus allows 5 rather than CCV's 4. The CCV room is not large enough to add that bed.

As noted BRV has been recently refurbed and thus would not have anything that appears somewhat worn out, but a CCV room should be OK.

With only two, a CCV studio would likely be a good choice. The advantage there is that the lobby/restaurants/store are in the same building, and the main themed pool is the middle of the u-shaped WL building.

Might depend on whether you want a converted hotel room (CCV) vs. a room designed as a villa (BRV).

I may be unfairly biased but nevertheless think the layout of the CCV villas is peculiar. It's evident, I think, when comparing floorplans.

Even with only two, the extra BRV floorspace can seem much more comfortable.

We very much enjoyed a BRV 1br stay. Substantially quieter than the WL/CCV rooms, we thought. But, that may be the result of having once stayed in a WL room that opened onto the lobby gallery. The chants and cheering from Whispering Canyon woke us more than once.

Might depend on whether you want a converted hotel room (CCV) vs. a room designed as a villa (BRV).

I may be unfairly biased but nevertheless think the layout of the CCV villas is peculiar. It's evident, I think, when comparing floorplans.

Even with only two, the extra BRV floorspace can seem much more comfortable.
This, 100%. I do appreciate the CCV rooms being in the main building, but the space, being converted hotel rooms, ends up being too linear. That, plus the odd galley kitchen that you have to walk through to get to the living room and second bedroom (in a 2BR) is really awkward, both in location and function.

if you are in a studio it really doesn't matter, a studio is a studio.
or not, depends on your preferences

We own @ WL, have stayed at CC in a studio several times. we’ve always been assigned a ground floor studio, despite any sort of pre-arrival request I’ve made.

An admitted aversion to ground floor accommodations, I finally realized that the majority of the studios are located there @ CC, enough to keep me from booking it again.

or not, depends on your preferences

We own @ WL, have stayed at CC in a studio several times. we’ve always been assigned a ground floor studio, despite any sort of pre-arrival request I’ve made.

An admitted aversion to ground floor accommodations, I finally realized that the majority of the studios are located there @ CC, enough to keep me from booking it again.
The majority of the CC studios with tub are on the ground floor. The studios with walk-in shower (booking category) are on the floors above.

I prefer CC and being in the main building and guaranteed better views. Copper Creek always for me. The rooms are gorgeous, and beds are great. If you don't want ground floor, make upper floor your only request. We have always gotten at least 2nd floor or higher.

The majority of the CC studios with tub are on the ground floor. The studios with walk-in shower (booking category) are on the floors above.
This is the key. If anyone at CCV wants upper floor you better book a walk-in shower because all the tubs are on the ground floor (except one per floor and those are the alternative layouts which get requests all the time.

I actually prefer the walk-in shower so I appreciate that I can book that and guarantee not to be ground floor. But I can see how it is frustrating to people booking tubs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter