Copper Creek and Use Year Question

bdphill22

Earning My Ears
I have a question about booking at Copper Creek and use years.

DW and were added to a couple of contracts from her parents via gratuitous transfer. We are now paying the dues and will be the ones using most of the points. We have contracts at both OKW and VB and they both have a March UY.

However, I’d really like to stay at CCV for Christmas time and was looking to get a contract to do so. I understand the booking issues, and I know it would have to be as soon as possible at 11-months, even for the 1BR and 2BR we would use.

We would go every other year or every third year with banking and borrowing, using exclusively our CCV contract to do so. We’d obviously never use our OKW or VB to book for this, but the excess CCV points may be combined with those for other non-Christmas trips.

My question comes about the UY. If I want to be able to bank and borrow, I assume I want my points to come online right before that early December booking time, so I’d want a December UY?

Would having a March UY for the CCV contract (to keep them all the say UY) mean I would have a lot more trouble booking using banking and/or borrowing? So, I’d definitely want a December UY for the CCV?

Conversely, if I got a December UY for CCV, I can transfer the extra CCV points to the other contracts once a year right? How difficult is that?

A December use year really won't gain you anything. In fact, if you find that you need to walk a reservation, you will be at a disadvantage because your points won't be valid to book a September stay which is when you may need to try to walk. I know studios are very difficult to book and can require walking, I'm not sure if a 2 bedroom does as well. I would almost rather an August use year. If you cancel your dec trip you still have plenty of time to use your points before they expire. A march use year would be a little difficult because if you had to cancel your trip for some reason it would be too late to bank that year's points.

Transferring the points isn't too hard. You can also just book say 5 nights with one contract and 2 nights with the other contract and ask member services to note that it's a continuing reservation (or do a split stay which is what I usually do).

If you want to do an add-on to your Mar contract, you'd have add your inlaws to the deed since they are on the current deed (unless they have relinquished the contract to the two of you). I agree an Oct or Sept contract might work better if you plan on walking your CCV reservation for December. If you do transfer points, they cannot be banked or borrowed points. You cannot borrow transferred points. So you need to be very careful how you transfer based on your reservation. Transferred points retain their UY and resort, so they won't turn into your other resort when you transfer. You'll have to transfer the same calendar year, so Mar 2020 into Sept 2020 or October 2020 and vice versa. I have two different UYs and have been told every time I transfer from one to the other that I have used my once a year transfer for both contracts (one in and one out). The other problem with transferred points is you usually cannot see them after the transfer. You won't be able to book online or modify online with transferred points. You'd need to call MS to do that and you lose the one hour headstart on booking by booking online.

I have a question about booking at Copper Creek and use years.

DW and were added to a couple of contracts from her parents via gratuitous transfer. We are now paying the dues and will be the ones using most of the points. We have contracts at both OKW and VB and they both have a March UY.

However, I’d really like to stay at CCV for Christmas time and was looking to get a contract to do so. I understand the booking issues, and I know it would have to be as soon as possible at 11-months, even for the 1BR and 2BR we would use.

We would go every other year or every third year with banking and borrowing, using exclusively our CCV contract to do so. We’d obviously never use our OKW or VB to book for this, but the excess CCV points may be combined with those for other non-Christmas trips.

My question comes about the UY. If I want to be able to bank and borrow, I assume I want my points to come online right before that early December booking time, so I’d want a December UY?

Would having a March UY for the CCV contract (to keep them all the say UY) mean I would have a lot more trouble booking using banking and/or borrowing? So, I’d definitely want a December UY for the CCV?

Conversely, if I got a December UY for CCV, I can transfer the extra CCV points to the other contracts once a year right? How difficult is that?

Separate question...but how many days/nights are you looking for at Christmas time? Might be in your best interest to purchase a fixed week if you're looking at a week of travel. Takes the getting up early to try and battle the CCV roulette wheel for that time of year.

It'd be 3 or 4 nights. Always either a 1BR or 2BR, which I have been told are more available at 11 months than studios.

It'd be 3 or 4 nights. Always either a 1BR or 2BR, which I have been told are more available at 11 months than studios.

1-bedrooms definitely are easier. We’ve gotten 2-bedrooms the last two years (first week and 2nd week of December) and they definitely drop fast. This year, it was clear people were walking 2-bedrooms...several days where the first date to book was gone before the 8AM window opened - so we joined the walk first chance we were able to. I’m not sure i would have gotten one without it for the 11th-15th this year (of course we have since decided to cancel).

Phisfan77, thank you very much for the insight.

Do you know how the availability is for the 1BR and 2BR at the 11 month mark is for mid November? Such as the week BEFORE thanksgiving week (not thanksgiving week)?

And are the Christmas decorations all up by then?

SG131 and Deb & Bill, thank you so much for your insight as well. I really appreciate it.

Phisfan77, thank you very much for the insight.

Do you know how the availability is for the 1BR and 2BR at the 11 month mark is for mid November? Such as the week BEFORE thanksgiving week (not thanksgiving week)?

And are the Christmas decorations all up by then?

SG131 and Deb & Bill, thank you so much for your insight as well. I really appreciate it.

Un fortunately SkierPete has yet to get data on CCV for the predicted availability at the resort, since it’s so new. I’m sure he is working on it. It takes a year to gather the data, then enter it all for all of us to enjoy. Keep up the good work SkierPete and Bing Showei.

Last edited:
SkierPete will have the CCV charts done this Sept. (they will be elsewhere but not on here on the DIS though). For now I can tell you 7mo 1br and 2br will be difficult to book but you could get between 1-4 nights out of 7 and the rest would require stalking to put together a week stay, at 11-8mo it is better with more nights available but you should be on right at 11mo opening time to book it for less hassle. So it is possible (not 100%), just depending on where you own will dictate the level of work to get a week.

Christmas decorations go up usually around the beginning of November.

SkierPete will have the CCV charts done this Sept. (they will be elsewhere but not on here on the DIS though). For now I can tell you 7mo 1br and 2br will be difficult to book but you could get between 1-4 nights out of 7 and the rest would require stalking to put together a week stay, at 11-8mo it is better with more nights available but you should be on right at 11mo opening time to book it for less hassle. So it is possible (not 100%), just depending on where you own will dictate the level of work to get a week.

That would be theme parks. The resorts may be a bit slower, like Thanksgiving week.

Ah, well they should get in gear and put them up at the same time, us DVC members need their decorations ;)

Ah, well they should get in gear and put them up at the same time, us DVC members need their decorations ;)
They don't have enough staff to put up all the resorts at the same time as the theme parks.

I was hoping he was continuing his work elsewhere. Does he have his own site now?

I was hoping he was continuing his work elsewhere. Does he have his own site now?

Site that shall not be named. It is banned about being talked about around here.

You can check him out though on a podcast that he is on.
https://***********.com/about/team/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter