Copper Creek Cabins - Worth It? And 7 Month Availability

ThisIsTheWay

Mouseketeer
We're planning a 4 night split stay from 12/1-12/5/23, starting out at BCV for 2 nights then switching to an MK resort for the second 2 nights (planning on going to MVMCP during the second half of our stay). It seems that even now there's not a ton of availability (looking mostly for 2BR), but the Copper Creek Cabins are available and I'm thinking about splurging for the 2 nights for a treat and something different. We've never stayed at Wilderness Lodge. Are they worth the hefty points cost? Would love to hear reviews! We have 3 kids (14, 11, 6) and I think they would be thrilled with it, and I like the sound of our own personal hot tub. Can you see the MK fireworks from the deck/hot tub? Our last full day/night would be no parks so we'd have time to enjoy it and the resort.

Also they show availability now, but do they tend to book quickly at or before 7 months, or no because of the high points cost?

We're planning a 4 night split stay from 12/1-12/5/23, starting out at BCV for 2 nights then switching to an MK resort for the second 2 nights (planning on going to MVMCP during the second half of our stay). It seems that even now there's not a ton of availability (looking mostly for 2BR), but the Copper Creek Cabins are available and I'm thinking about splurging for the 2 nights for a treat and something different. We've never stayed at Wilderness Lodge. Are they worth the hefty points cost? Would love to hear reviews! We have 3 kids (14, 11, 6) and I think they would be thrilled with it, and I like the sound of our own personal hot tub. Can you see the MK fireworks from the deck/hot tub? Our last full day/night would be no parks so we'd have time to enjoy it and the resort.

Also they show availability now, but do they tend to book quickly at or before 7 months, or no because of the high points cost?
I’ve never stayed in one before but if I was in your situation and had the extra points to spare you better believe I would do it.

I’m hoping to book one for a family trip a couple of years from now. Search the DVC trip reports forum and this forum for actual experiences — most are glowing.

My family stayed in a cabin last summer (5 of us) and enjoyed it, but I am not sure I would do it again. My 3 sons are a few years older than yours, so the bed situation wasn't great for them. The murphy bed is small and the pullout sofa was reported to me as uncomfortable. That said, there is a lot room to wander around, including the patio, which is probably the best part of the cabin. The kitchen and dining area are very nice with plenty of space. The hot tub was not really a hot tub. It is more like a soaking tub. We did enjoy having our own parking area.

We stayed for two nights with 5 adults and had a wonderful time. We had a Cookout with two guests who were staying elsewhere. This was over a December weekend and booked at 7 months. I would definitely do it again.

The music from the MK fireworks were piped into the screened porch. The fireplace was beautiful.

Did you happen to book your stay as two different trips? To modify part of it, you have to drop the days first and then go back and try to book, unless you have extra points to book first and then drop.

If there are days still that you want to change, I’d try and do that even now, so you can easily modify those last two nights at 7 months.

We stayed in one for 5 nights last October (me, 6 year old son, sister, and mom). My son's birthday falls around Halloween and we were there for the Halloween weekend. We loved the cabin! The screened in porch was great for my mom who is older and didn't visit the parks as much as we did. Being able to view the fireworks from the porch was amazing and we all enjoyed the hot tub as well. We definitely will try to stay there again!

For the number of points the bed situation is less than ideal. Since it's only two nights, I would probably do it as a special treat and be one and done with it. The weather might be cool enough to enjoy the fireplace.

Did you happen to book your stay as two different trips? To modify part of it, you have to drop the days first and then go back and try to book, unless you have extra points to book first and then drop.

If there are days still that you want to change, I’d try and do that even now, so you can easily modify those last two nights at 7 months.
I didn’t book the second half yet

We've had one Cabin stay, have another booked, and would heartily recommend it to most looking to splurge. We're planning to use it as our splurge every year or two.

Aside from the points, the only reason we'd recommend caution is if the bed/sleeping surface situation doesn't work for your party. There's a king bed in the primary bedroom, a queen bed in a 2nd bedroom, and then some seating that can convert in the living room.

Cabins are often available, including at 7 months. That particular week, as I'm sure you're seeing, is particularly crushed for availability across the WDW DVC portfolio, but the Cabins are a pretty safe bet right at 7 months either way.

We stayed in the cabins for a week last year and loved it. It was dh, dd and her two kids aged 3,4, and me. I would definitely stay there again. Your younger child could sleep on the murphy bed in the second bedroom with the third child in the living room. Depending on where your cabin is, you might not get a good view of the fireworks. Having a view of the lake, by booking the higher numbered cabins (the ones on the right), would avoid having boat passengers looking in your rooms.

I plan on getting one for a few days next year too. We had so many covid points it helped with the high cost.

We stayed in them last year in January and loved it! Having the private hot tub was amazing and yes we could see the MK fireworks w/ the audio piped in (some of this might depend on which cabin you get...we were on the side by the boat launch). We also could see the electrical boat parade which was pretty cool. We own at CCV, however, they are not that difficult to book at 7 months for most times of year. Early December though is especially difficult at Copper Creek because of the point charts and the Christmas decorations, so I would recommend getting on right at 7 months if that is when you want them.

We did a split stay where we had 4 nights in a cabin last year.

The cabin is amazing. We absolutely loved it. The feel and atmosphere is incredible, and having the music piped in really adds to it. We definitely want to stay in one again. Cabins are the best luxury accommodation in DVC, and the best value among them (Cabins, Bungalows, 3BR).

Yes, you can see the fireworks from some of them, which we could from ours, and we watched them every night (we had a 4 year old who couldn’t stay at the parks late). Make sure you check the views on some of the online sites and request a fireworks view cabin.

That all said, it might not be worth it. It is roughly 3x the points of a 1 BR or 2.5x the points of a 2BR. It’s really hard to justify. And, if you’re paying up for this kind of fantastic accommodation, you want to spend as much time in it as possible.

For your 2 nights you’re really only getting 1 day in it since I assume you’ll be at the park the day of the first night, and then you’re getting back late and unpacking. So, you have to decide if that’s worth it to you.

My daughter and I had a 3 night staycation at a cabin in February - we had "covid" points to burn and absolutely loved it! The personal hot tub was fabulous and the location was so very private. You had good access to the Wilderness Lodge amenities. The private parking was just an added bonus! We will be back - hoping to get a reservation at 7 months for the marathon weekend! Agree that if you are spending the points it is best to stay around the cabin and enjoy it! We are fortunate to go twice a year so if we miss the parks one of those it is okay.

Our 2021 CCV Cabin stay was a true core memory for our family. DH and I took both our parents and treated them to stay in the bedrooms while we took the couch. We planned a more leisurely trip which I recommend so you can enjoy the cabin as much as possible and some evenings "in" (we ordered pizza) and hung out in the hot tub and watched the fireworks (a limited view over the treetops but the music is piped in). We loved it! Now that we have a child, we can't travel with both parents without getting a GV but if they had 3 bedroom cabins I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Haven't done the cabins, but I'm a huge fan of Wilderness Lodge. In fact, we did a split stay a few years back where we started over at BWV and then transferred to CCV. After the hubbub of Crescent Lake, the peace and quiet of Wilderness Lodge was AMAZING. I think they work really well together as a split stay.

Our 2021 CCV Cabin stay was a true core memory for our family. DH and I took both our parents and treated them to stay in the bedrooms while we took the couch. We planned a more leisurely trip which I recommend so you can enjoy the cabin as much as possible and some evenings "in" (we ordered pizza) and hung out in the hot tub and watched the fireworks (a limited view over the treetops but the music is piped in). We loved it! Now that we have a child, we can't travel with both parents without getting a GV but if they had 3 bedroom cabins I would do it again in a heartbeat.
That's nice to hear! I was actually leaning away from staying there lately because of the points. I'm borrowing ahead for this trip to begin with and a cabin for 2 nights would pretty much wipe out our next year's points (but we could keep borrowing ahead, lol). Wasn't sure if it was worth it but I have a feeling it would be a core memory for my family too. :) Will be continuing to think about this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter