Copper Creek vs Boulder Ridge one bedroom

KarenB

<font color=green>Goes to the mall and sniffs Yank
Disneyland reservation was a bust, so now looking at Disney World for mid June. What are the pros and cons of Boulder Ridge and Copper Creek? Both one bedrooms are open for our dates.

Disneyland reservation was a bust, so now looking at Disney World for mid June. What are the pros and cons of Boulder Ridge and Copper Creek? Both one bedrooms are open for our dates.
Boulder Ridge just finished a complete renovation and are beautiful. Copper Creek are fine, but not new. BR is in a separate building while CC is part of the main building, if that makes a difference. You can see fireworks from some of the rooms in CC, not BR. I don’t think you can go wrong either way.

Boulder Ridge just finished a complete renovation and are beautiful. Copper Creek are fine, but not new. BR is in a separate building while CC is part of the main building, if that makes a difference. You can see fireworks from some of the rooms in CC, not BR. I don’t think you can go wrong either way.
Not the OP, but checking into a 1br at BR in two weeks and this is great to hear.

Not the OP, but checking into a 1br at BR in two weeks and this is great to hear.
Ask for an odd numbered room, they face the water. We stayed in 4523 and it was great. It’s not a lock off, really close to the elevators, and has a really good view, you can see the Electrical Water Pagent from the balcony. Check out the Touring Plans room finder, I posted photos of the view. They may be a little blurry, not sure why. Have a fantastic trip!

I’ve stayed at a Copper Creek one bedroom and honestly loved it. Our room was on the first floor down the hallway by the side door of the “Marketplace” (can’t remember the name of that store with the totem pole). It was peaceful and a great easy quick location to get to after long park days.

The layout of the CCV one bedroom to me is wonderful. Very unique from all other one bedrooms and it felt like a really cute condo. Storage all over in unique nooks and crannies. I kept telling my husband if we ever have to downsize, this is the condo I want. :)

BR one bedroom is just like a normal one bedroom layout. Not large like BLT’s.
The kitchen of CCV is unique also. All along one wall. Loved that it was different from the rest.

I’ve stayed at a Copper Creek one bedroom and honestly loved it. Our room was on the first floor down the hallway by the side door of the “Marketplace” (can’t remember the name of that store with the totem pole). It was peaceful and a great easy quick location to get to after long park days.

The layout of the CCV one bedroom to me is wonderful. Very unique from all other one bedrooms and it felt like a really cute condo. Storage all over in unique nooks and crannies. I kept telling my husband if we ever have to downsize, this is the condo I want. :)

BR one bedroom is just like a normal one bedroom layout. Not large like BLT’s.
The kitchen of CCV is unique also. All along one wall. Loved that it was different from the rest.
In January we have a CC 1 bedroom, and I had never heard them described as you did. Looking forward to seeing one myself! We wanted to stay in the Lodge for a change and thats why we chose CC for that visit!

I'm a CCV owner, and thus, biased. I think BRV lake-facing units are probably the best DVC balconies on WL property, but I prefer the CCV 1-bed units for their location, larger in-room dining space, and aesthetic.

CCV are among the smallest rooms (comparatively). It's not something that bothers me, but I know some folks on here really value that extra square footage that you'll find in BRV.

Anecdotally, my in-laws stayed in a 2nd floor CCV unit facing the main-pool and heard the boat horn frequently. I was staying on the floor below them and rarely heard it. Mileage may vary with this. I've also stayed on the quiet pool side of CCV and it was splendid.

I hope you have a wonderful trip in June, wherever you stay.

Karen B......Disclaimer: I just realized when I went on and on about a CCV one bedroom, I forgot to say that the 'normal' one bedroom layouts definitely seem like more room because of wide open main space. We fell in love with CCV's because it was different, cozier and felt like a real condo.

BUT we never have more than 2 adults in any room. It's always DH & myself or when I travel often with adult DD, I get her a 2 separate studio (we travel very differently) every time. So if you share a room with others, BR and other one bedrooms seem to be more wide open. Just an FYI.

Problem is I love ALL the rooms because it means I'm at Disney again.

If mid June and you’re looking at VDH, if you’re not an owner, isn’t it too early to book?

One more thing to consider depending on the number of people in the room. BRV now have the Murphy beds instead of the pull out sofas (except for the 5th floor, there it's still pullout sofas, but new ones). CCV does not have Murphy beds and the pull outs are not very comfortable.

Just booked Boulder Ridge!
Welcome home!

I too personally think the BRV lake-view room has the best balcony on property. I also prefer BRV to CCV for a couple of reasons (yes, I own at BRV, but I've also stayed in CCV on several occasions). First, I don't like the galley kitchen in CCV. It's the result of having to combine 2 (or 3) hotel rooms into a larger living space. I don't like walking through the kitchen to get to the living room. BRV definitely offers more space. I also don't like the location of CCV. Not a popular opinion, but it can be really noisy being in the main hotel building, and elevators can get crowded. Also, if you're on the pool side of the building, sitting on your balcony can be very loud. Also, top floor balconies are enclosed, so you have no view when sitting down. BRV is a MUCH more chill vibe.

Welcome home!

I too personally think the BRV lake-view room has the best balcony on property. I also prefer BRV to CCV for a couple of reasons (yes, I own at BRV, but I've also stayed in CCV on several occasions). First, I don't like the galley kitchen in CCV. It's the result of having to combine 2 (or 3) hotel rooms into a larger living space. I don't like walking through the kitchen to get to the living room. BRV definitely offers more space. I also don't like the location of CCV. Not a popular opinion, but it can be really noisy being in the main hotel building, and elevators can get crowded. Also, if you're on the pool side of the building, sitting on your balcony can be very loud. Also, top floor balconies are enclosed, so you have no view when sitting down. BRV is a MUCH more chill vibe.
Funny… tonight when trying to decide what to book, we looked at some videos and mentioned we don’t like walking through the kitchen. Also, we have very fond memories of previous stays at BRV. I am happy with our decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter