Copyright infringement?

wrldpossibility

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I've lurked here a bit now and then, because I'd like to make t-shirts before our trip, and I'm fairly adept at Photoshop, but I have a question due to some info I got on a non-Disney message board. This was a design/graphic site, and they told me it's illegal to use Disney graphics and clip art, resulting in huge fines. :confused3 I immediately thought of this board, as I know you all use them all the time. Does anyone have more info about this? Are they correct? I told them many people make t-shirts, and was told that was illegal. Just curious if designers here have a different viewpoint. Thanks! :)

No problem! :goodvibes It was just easier to link you to that post than type out an explanation. :teeth: Have fun making t-shirts!!!

Amy :)

Going to hijack this thread.

I have a computer software program that enables me to put images to stitches. I like it so much I was going to buy the Pro version and sell some charts on ebay(have seen others do this)but because I too am afraid of the Disney Police I always wondered since a profit would be made if this would be illegal. My basic instict says yeah it is illegal.

Shouldn't we have a sub board entitled "Can I do this"?

Fast Pass said:

I have a computer software program that enables me to put images to stitches. I like it so much I was going to buy the Pro version and sell some charts on ebay(have seen others do this)but because I too am afraid of the Disney Police I always wondered since a profit would be made if this would be illegal. My basic instict says yeah it is illegal.

Selling any of these images on ebay is illegal and Disney would come after you for this!!!

Fast Pass said:

Also, if you take a look, there are no longer sellers doing this on EBay. They pulled all the auctions of people selling anything but the original cards with the Disney licensed designs.

Believe me if what was being done is illegal there is NO WAY this board would even exist! ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

Baloo said:
Believe me if what was being done is illegal there is NO WAY this board would even exist! ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

Baloo-- hope you are well. I was just wondering last night how you are doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter