Coral Reef- any recent experiences?

stace1214

DIS Veteran
So my DH really wants to try Coral Reef for our upcoming trip. I feel like I've read far more negative reviews than positive reviews. Has anyone been fairly recently and can share their experience? TIA!

I was there in October. I was seated next to the tank. The service was good.
I started with the magical star cocktail.
A81BD49B-370E-496F-82AE-D77DA0CEFF60.jpeg
I ordered the mushroom salad. I was not sure about this but it was very fresh and I enjoyed it.
4E047C59-5C27-446D-860A-842D89593480.jpeg
I had the shrimp and grits for my entree. I have had this a couple of times and am never disappointed.
077CCF7A-A8D2-4151-8AC5-61E55EE8CD8A.jpeg
Rolls and butter were brought out at the beginning. They were fine. Nothing special

0E7031E8-83F0-43CB-B65F-9A29F272AC4A.jpeg
I had the chocolate wave for dessert which is amazing. Sorry no pic.

I enjoy coral reef. I usually try to do an early seating so it doesn’t seem so busy/loud. I have reservations to go back in February. It is a unique dining experience and I have always enjoyed it.

I’ve found most of the reviews to be very subjective. I go by what in the menu appeals to us, and temper my expectation with the fact that even the best meal in the park, is still theme park food bought in bulk. I think a lot of people let the price of the meals raise their expectations to level that’s impossible to meet. I’ve always wanted to try Coral Reef but no one else in my family likes seafood. ☹️. But it often surprises me, the restraints that people really seem to complain about in here that’s we’ve found to be just fine. I also feel like there’s a lot of the same type restaurants across the parks and this is truly the only Seafood restaurant, so big appeal to have something different. I say go for it if you think you’d like it. Every great restaurant has an off night, so there’s never a guarantee.

We've always skipped it because of the bad reviews, but Disunplugged had a youtube review not too long ago and they all loved everything! We are going to give it a shot this year I think.

I went with my husband in Nov. and we both thoroughly enjoyed it, so much so that we cancelled one of of other ADRs and booked another meal there! We have been lots of times over the years and have never really had a bad experience!

We have always had good food and service. We go for lunch when it first opens and is not too crowded. Because it is 3 of us we usually get seated right at the tank. The Wave is the dessert I get every time. I also really like the shrimp and grits entree.

I went with my wife and two small boys (3 and 5 at the time) in early 2018 and we had a good time. I don't recall the food being spectacular, but it was tasty and filling. A little expensive for what you get, but I didn't feel cheated.

My only *tip* is that when we arrived, we were seated near the back of the restaurant, which is tiered like a theater. We asked if we could sit closer to the tank and our waitress said (in a hushed tone) "Can you act like you're really upset right now?" We put on some pouty faces and she walked over to her manager. They moved us up to the front row. I would NEVER ask for that kind of treatment, but she prompted us and got us a great seat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter