Coral Reef - is it really that bad?

Kelly loves Food

Mouseketeer
We have an ADR at Coral Reef for our first night at Disney. I thought my 9 year old daughter would enjoy the theme, but the reviews I'm reading are making me want to switch it for something else. From what it sounds like, there is a good chance that we will not have a great view of the aquarium and the food reviews haven't been that great either. Do you recommend keeping this one?

It was my second favorite meal my last two trips (beaten out by Boma and California Grill respectively). Once we were directly in front of the aquarium and once we were on the platform and both were lovely views.

Coral Reef is one of those love it or hate it places. Because the prices are high, if you have a bad dining experience (food, service or both), then you really don't want to ever go back. I had a very good experience last Fall and will be going back this Fall. If you go, try to get the earliest ADR you can possibly get for lunch or dinner. Coral Reef habitually falls behind with seating and you don't want to be trapped in the waiting area for 30 mins plus at 6 pm with other tired, hungry families waiting & waiting for your table.

We have an ADR at Coral Reef for our first night at Disney. I thought my 9 year old daughter would enjoy the theme, but the reviews I'm reading are making me want to switch it for something else. From what it sounds like, there is a good chance that we will not have a great view of the aquarium and the food reviews haven't been that great either. Do you recommend keeping this one?

I didn't even read your post but the answer to your post is.... yes. Worst meal I ever had on property.

We were hesitant because of the recent reviews since going way back in 1996. But we went anyways last year and loved it! We sat near the top (distant from the aquarium) but still had a great view. I think any row had a decent view. Our kids loved the meals (adult meals) and the view/atmosphere. We're going again this year.

We have been in the past and thought it was a good experience. We just do not like much on the menu and prefer other Epcot choices. If you have never been and like the menu I would try it.

I just cancelled a Candlelight Processional dinner package there because of recent bad reviews. We switched to Chefs de France instead, which we've always had a good experience with.

We went to Coral Reef in 2013. Food was great, service was horrible. 2 1/2 hrs in there from start to finish. Took almost an hr to get our dinner. Gave it another try in 2014 thinking maybe it was a bad night the year before. Same problem, good food, horrible service. Never again

I've been twice. I'll have to say the negative reviews had me prepared for the worst, so I was actually pleasantly surprised. No, my food did not deserve a glowing reveiw neither times, but I have to say the experience was enough for me to leave content. Nothing to write home about yet nothing to complain about. If somebody offered me 1 million dollars right here on the spot to remember what I ate..well....I'd be out 1 mil. So not memorable. I have no regrets though, I say go for it!

Coral Reef was great in 2014. I've never had bad service at Disney. I would just pay for the drinks and politely leave if it was taking too long.

It's not as bad as red lobster, but it isn't much better either

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter