Coral Reef, Le Cellier, Crystal Palace, WCC, and more **with pics**

Heathr6913

Mouseketeer
Here are some pics and reviews from our ( me, Dh, and DFather)
trip 9/12-9/18. Sorry some of the pics are blurry. I had just got this camera and was still figuring it out. Also, don't mind some of the partially eaten food, I forgot to take pics a few times before everyone dug in. Overall I was pretty good about saying "WAIT!! DON'T TOUCH THAT FOOD! lol) I'm sure people around all the restaurants were looking at me like I was nuts, but that's okay!! I Hope you all enjoy!! I sure did!

Coral Reef-We had an ADR here on 9/12 at 7:00. We LOVED this meal. This was my second favorite meal of the trip. We got seated very close to the aquarium, not right up against it but the next closest seat which was nice because we didn't have kids pushing through us to look at the fish! We had the best waiter anyone could ask for, his name was Riley. He most definitely got tipped extra!

Bread that they bring out before the food (good bread but nothing extraordinary!)
Florida006.jpg

Crab Claws (my appetizer) VERY good by the way!! I was in love. I didn't like the slaw that is underneath but the crab was excellent!
Florida007.jpg

Shrimp Cocktail (DF appetizer) he said this was very good too. It had some asian noodles underneath it and it was a little on the spicy side, I thought. The cracker that comes with this is VERY VERY spicy hot! It is soaked in chili pepper and baked with chili peppers!
Florida008.jpg

BBQ beef on top of polenta (DH appetizer) (for some reason this isn't on the menu that's online? must be new) My DH liked this, it was just what it sounded like and polenta is some kind of really soft corn bread type stuff, kinda gooey. DH didn't really like the polenta, but said the beef was good.
Florida009.jpg

Grilled 12oz New york strip steak with veggies and au gratin potatoes(DH and i both got this) this was VERY good! The au gratin potatoes were relaly cheesy and they were awesome.
Florida010.jpg

Grilled Mahi-Mahi(DF) he said this was very good too! not too fishy. I tasted a little bit of this and I even liked it, and I'm not too much of a fish person!
Florida011.jpg

The chocolate wave(we all got this) I can't say enough good things about this cake! If you like chocolate then I recommend this to everyone! MMmm
Florida012.jpg

We didn't eat anything else on this day, we got a few snacks at the food court at POP, we didn't get into our hoteluntil about 1 and we just weren't that hungry.

2nd night- Le Cellier ADR 9/13 at 4:00 pm. My father rated this his number one favorite meal (for the food not the service!), I'd say it was my third favorite out of 6. I didn't tihnk it was anything to write home about and our waiter wasn't that great.
Pretty picture of a waterfall right by Le Cellier
Florida019.jpg

Pretzel and sourdough bread. There was supposed to be a multi grain bread also but they said they were out of it. They brough some to us way later after we already ate our meals. The pretzel bread was really good, and it tasted just how it sounded...like a pretzel.
Florida022.jpg

Canadian cheddar cheese soup (my appetizer) I didn't really care for this. It had what I thought was a "weird" taste. The cheese flavor was kind of strong but wasn't the flavor that I expected it to be. I think it was the beer flavor that threw it off for me.
Florida023.jpg

Beef tenderloin kabob (DH's appetizer...notice the trend? DH is a beef kinda guy and he's VERY picky) He said this was really good too, but how couldn't it be? It's just beef, nothing special about it. DH sticks to things he knows... he's not one to try different kinds of foods.
Florida024.jpg

Shrimp Cocktail with wasabi cole slaw and I believe some kind of chili sauce.(DF's appetizer..he got shrimp cocktail at almost every place that had it) He also said this was awesome. I'm not too big on spicy stuff or wasabi but the shrimp was pretty good. The slaw I did not like, though! My DF did like the slaw.
Florida025.jpg

Mushroom filet mignon (DF's entree) VERY VERY good! I tried this and wished I would have gotten this. If you like steak and you like mushrooms PLEASE try this!
Florida027.jpg

7oz filet mignon with bbq sauce and creamed cheese potatoes.(my entree) this was good. Not spectacular, but good. I don't have anything bad to say about it but nothing to brag about, either.. It is what it sounds like.
Florida026.jpg

14 oz new york strip steak with yukon gold potatoes. (DH's entree) He said the steak was really good but he HATED the potatoes. I tasted them and had to agree. I'm not a picky person at all. They had some kind of very very bitter sauce on them, and they were soaked in it. Not something I would ever order that's for sure. (my dad didn't think they were that gross, but didn't think they were very good either. So he ate most of them)
Florida028.jpg

The chocolate moose (my dessert) I couldn't decide between this and the s'mores. My decision was based on the S'mores not actually having chocolate with them, but just a chocolate graham cracker. The moose was pretty good but I was so stuffed that I had a hard time eating it. Once again nothing too spectacular but still good! I took the tongue and antlers and used them to dip in the moose, that way the moose wasn't too rich for me.
Florida029.jpg

Whiskey Chocolate Cake (DH's dessert) I looked at the all ears net menu and it is different from what DH got. He got a chocolate cake with some melted white chocolate? (I'm guessing) in a little cup to pour over the cake. There was no orange marmalade that I saw with his. But his was excellent! I tasted it and it was relaly good with that creamy white chocolate poured over top.
Florida030.jpg

fresh berry cobbler with ice cream(DF's dessert) I didn't taste this but it looked good and he really seemed to enjoy it. He was telling everyone he talked to about how good it was so I'm assuming it was pretty tasty! (once again this wasn't on the all ears menu)
Florida031.jpg

3rd night 9/14 Crystal Palace at 6pm. I booked this because I LOVE eeyore!! I didn't get any pics of this because it was a buffet. They had turkey and prime rib as the main meats. This was an okay meal. It was maybe a notch above a buffet I would go to in the town where I live. I was expecting it to be a little better than it was but overall I can't complain. For a buffet it was good, and heck i got to see Eeyore! That makes up for it all!

Our 4th night Whispering Canyon Cafe ADR at 6:30pm. No one really enjoyed this meal at all. Our server hardly ever came back to refill our drinks, or check on us. We ordered the all you can eat skillet. The ribs were WAY overcooked and very tough, the chicken was good but just your normal chicken. The sausage was okay. The baked beans were pretty good. Corn on the cob was good, but how can you ruin corn on the cob? The mashed potatoes were really good! Only thing that i can really say I enjoyed a whole lot for this meal. We probably will not go back here. If I did I would order a meal seperate from the skillet, maybe I would enjoy it more. I forgot to get a picture of the skillet but I did get a picture of the corn bread and salad and also the desserts.
Florida069.jpg

S'mores cheesecake (my dessert) this was pretty good if you like cheesecake. It's Just a regular cheesecake with chocolate and marshmallows on top and graham cracker crust.
Florida070.jpg

Kahlua chocolate cake. (DH's dessert) DH said this was really good.
Florida071.jpg

Apple Caramel Pie(DF's dessert) this was yummy! My dad really enjoyed this and this was his favorite part of the whole meal.
Florida072.jpg

Just for the record the Wilderness Lodge is a BEAUTIFUL resort! here is a picture I got, that I had to share.
Florida074.jpg

I will continue my review a little later. Hope you enjoy it so far. I've never done any kind of review but trying to do my best!

Great reviews, thanks! We may be trying all of these places on our trip! (CR is up in the air). Sorry you didn't care much for WCC, we love BBQ so I really want to try it. Hopefully we'll have a better experience!

Great pics, too!

Sandy

Thank you! I love seeing food pictures and your restaurants are nearly the same as ours on our upcoming trip! Thanks especially for the specific dish reviews! :thumbsup2

Thanks for including pictures. I like to see what everything looks like !!! Sorry about the WCC - we went last year and had an ok waiter but thought the food was good. We enjoyed the atmosphere there. We are eating at LeCellier also. Can't wait. I am looking forward to the bread, soup and steak!!!

Thanks for the great reviews and photos. My dh is the same way and never likes to try anything new, steaks and hamburgers only;)

You had to show the pretzel bread...It may be my favorite bread on earth. Now I want some. I can't wait for the rest of the reviews.

Sorry you didn't like WCC, this was one of our favorite meals - we were there on 9/18. Our waitress was a lot of fun - she lead the pony race around the restaurant for the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter