Coral Reef Restaurant - Diver/menu - Discontinued for 2009

twitch

DIS Veteran
I've seen some references to having a diver with a sign, or a personalized menu. What are these options? How do you set them up? What would you use them for? Is there an associated cost?

(We're celebrating our 10th anniversary--first time we've been to WDW as adults.)

Thanks!

both of these are free, however the divers only go into the tank at certain times (think they stop around 7.30-8pm and these fill up fast). you should call the resteraunt and talk to deb, the manager, she will take your details and for the menu ask that you email some pics (around 4-5). iv got the personalised menu for the first time this year & am quite excited!!

Does it have to be a special occasion to receive the personalized menu, or the sign from the diver? :confused3

What is the phone number for the CR? pirate:

We have an ADR for late lunch - should I try for a dinner instead. Looking for any feedback :)

Check out the menus at www.allearsnet.com

The items differ slightly. Perhaps this will help you decide. Sometimes, the ADR's for dinner are booked solid though. It can be tough to get in.

Good luck!

I don't know about a direct line... I called the dining line and got transferred...and left a message there.

Also, you could try the wdw switchboard - (407)824-2222

no- well i havent asked for the diver, only the personalised menu, theres no special occasion, i was asked if a wanted to put a message on the menu, and have just put i love you...ect. i have read on other threads of people just putting this on the diver sign.

First time I've heard of this being available.
We're going the last week in August. Coral Reef will be our first nights dinner, and I'd love to mark the occasion.
We have much to celebrate:
My father's first vacation with his grandkids, and first trip back to Disney since Epcot opened
My Stepmother's win over a battle with cancer
I'd love to surprise them with a special menu.

I've been to Coral Reef for both lunch and dinner, and I actually prefer lunch. It's more relaxed, not as noisy, and calmer atmosphere than dinner (usually).

We have the first seating for lunch booked for our trip next month. This will be our first time. I chose lunch because I figured it would be a little less crowded and hectic then dinner time.

Are the menus different from lunch and dinner? It seems that the dinner menu has changed since I booked ages ago! We wanted the prime rib and pineapple/coconut cake! Is it still on the lunch menu? It is not on the dinner menu!

Are the menus different from lunch and dinner? It seems that the dinner menu has changed since I booked ages ago! We wanted the prime rib and pineapple/coconut cake! Is it still on the lunch menu? It is not on the dinner menu!

The lunch and dinner menus are different and these are on the lunch menu. Check out allears site from the 2nd post in this thread; it has all the different menus.

The lunch and dinner menus are different and these are on the lunch menu. Check out allears site from the 2nd post in this thread; it has all the different menus.

Thanks Jen,
Maybe I will have to change my ADR'S!

We ate at Coral Reef for lunch the first week of June. The lunch menu was the same as the dinner menu posted on allears, but the prices were a bit lower.

This is so easy to do. I called Deb last Friday and got voicemail saying she was out till today. I got called this pm. That said I told her when we would be there and the ADR time, 9/2 at 6:30. Due to the possibility of not getting in at 6:30 she setup the diver for 7pm. So they at least go in at 7. Next she offered the menu and asked for 2 - 3 pictures since there is room on the menu for more then one. I can also send some additional messages. This is being done for the nieces who along with the DW have no idea what is being done. Most importantly her number is 407/560-6856. Found number on this site so hopefully no problem with posting here. As for the dining number CM I talked to had no idea about this being possible.

I'm getting to work on this right now! I appreciate the info. Keeping this a secret is going to kill me for the next few months, but only because I know it will be soooo worth it. Just curious - does anyone out there have any pics of a custom menu?

This sounds so special! Do you know if they do it during lunch? I had to cancel my dinner ressie and change it to earlier in the week and unfortunately only lunch was available. We have a 2:50 ADR, the latest available. I call all the time trying to get dinner instead, but no luck so far. Anyone had the divers and/or special menu during lunch???????

I have the diver/menu set up for an 11:30 lunch in Oct. I would call Debbi asap, she's wonderful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter