• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coral Reef

We went of rthe first time 2 years ago and absolutely loved it. We couldnt wait ot go back on our last trip.....and boy were we disappointed! the menu changed. Our favorite entree was the pasta and now it was so bad we actually sent it back and we NEVER send stuff back...ever! In my opinion unless you are going to see the fish, DONT GO! The steak is good but you can get a good steak anywhere!

We like Coral Reef. Every meal we've eaten there has been great. Enjoy your meal. :D

Our family enjoys Coral Reef mostly for the atmosphere. I think it's a good lunch location as it's dark and cool and a welcomed break from the heat. The food is good. It's not anything spectacular but I've never had anything really terrible either.

Ate lunch last week. Mahi Mahi was good. Son had steak and liked it. I'm still dreaming about the Jack Daniel's mousse. We sat right next to the aquarium. Excellent service. I have always had good food and service at Coral Reef. Restaurant reviews are so subjective. Le Cellier was a big disappointment for my family and gets great reviews on this site.

We ate there for the first time last October. We thought the food was good. Our table was on the last row as far away from the tank as possible. It was very disappointing. We waited for quite a while past our ADR time. I will not be in a hurry to return.

I went a couple of years ago for the Candlelight Processional. I loved the ambiance and the food was really good. The service was great. I'd definitely go again.

We ate there over Christmas. It was relaxing to watch the fish and divers in the tank. Food was OK but I am not a big fish eater. There are choices that are not fish or seafood though.

It's been a little over a year since we at at CR last.
A couple of things from our experience is the reason why I hesitate to return....I'm not saying never....but not in a hurry either.
First, we waited a while past our reservation time to be seated. 45 minutes at least.
The CM's at the podium....not particularly friendly. I can't say rude really....but not welcoming at all. We sort of felt like we were a bother.
The bathroom was clean...but the rest of the restaurant seemed a little dirty. Now, I understand that in a place as busy as WDW a it's nearly impossible to keep it sparkling clean all the time....but I saw papers on the floor...little things here and there.....I'm always thinking what does the area we can't see look like if they can't pick up trash where I can see??
The meal was decent. I had read so many bad reviews that I think it was better than anticipated!
Our server was friendly and accommodating.
We were seated right at the tank! THAT a was awesome!!
EXCEPT....just know that more than likely other little children from other tables not near the tank are going to be basically at your table and bumping into your chair and table to get a better look.
This is not the restaurants fault....but other parents. (It wasn't just one table that allowed their little ones to do this.....it was several)
After about 15 minutes of that....I was getting pretty annoyed and it did take away from our overall experience.
I cannot imagine EVER allowing my children to do that....it was so rude.

I'd say try it if you are really curious. You may have a totally different experience than I did.

The Jack Daniels & Bailey's Irish Cream mouse thing is my favourite dessert on Disney property!!

Definitely my favorite dessert!

We've been to Coral Reef seven times and enjoyed it each time. The last time we had a table right by the tank with our 5&6 yo. It was wonderful. We usually do 4 pm dinners, so there was a minimal 5 minute or so. This trip, it is a must do for my kids. We enjoyed really did enjoy the food. And now I'm thinking of that mousse dessert and drooling.

Just ate there a week ago, place smells like tank water, it's muggy and damp. Service was fine for us, food is NOT good. If you really love the concept and don't mind average to bad food, you're in the right place I guess, good luck.
I agree, we ate there in November and could not get past the smell, really turned me off for a dining experience because of the smell. We only ordered a couple appetizers. The shrimp app was good the crab dip not so good.

I agree, we ate there in November and could not get past the smell, really turned me off for a dining experience because of the smell. We only ordered a couple appetizers. The shrimp app was good the crab dip not so good.
This was our experience on NYE. And while the food was good we won't be back because the overall smell of the restaurant completely turned me off. And I know people will say "well it IS a seafood restaurant" however we live pretty close to the bay and we frequent a lot of seafood restaurants (one which has a lot of fish tanks) and they never smell damp & muggy like CR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter