CORONADO - great resort for its value

Bulo22

Earning My Ears
loved staying here. Foremost, it has a gym! That is key - it is the only moderate resort with a gym. It has a great Mediterranean feel and Disney vibes. It is beautiful and festive. I recommend preferred rooms as it is a long walk to the main area in the standard areas. One down side, buses home after the night at parks tend to have long lines.

We loved Coronado when we stayed there during our last visit. Its beautiful, but we disliked the food court. My family thought it was our least favorite in all the resorts we have stayed in.

Loved staying here on our last Disney trip, it's up there in my top 2 resorts. Other one being AKL

That's really good to hear, as AKL is my favorite resort and I'm worried I'm going to be disappointed this trip because I'm staying at Gran Destino instead! Still haven't ruled out switching over to AKL if it becomes available with the AP discount before my Spring trip.

Was going to stay in the towers and the wife thought against it with a great point, one of which i think would be a great "Head up" for those who cant decide.
When you get out of the pool and go to your room who wants to go thru a lobby or hotel atmosphere wet and in swimwear?

Was going to stay in the towers and the wife thought against it with a great point, one of which i think would be a great "Head up" for those who cant decide.
When you get out of the pool and go to your room who wants to go thru a lobby or hotel atmosphere wet and in swimwear?
The elevators are like 10 feet into the tower from the ground floor so you definitely don’t have to walk through the lobby. Yes, you have to walk down the hall to your room.

Alas this sounds like an extremely personal quirk. We all have them, nothing wrong with it! But anyone who has stayed at a hotel (not motel) and used their pool has had to get back to their room…

I’ve never through twice about it. Does that mean I had to walk through the lobby at the Grand CA with my towel wrapped around me? Yep. But whether it’s a JW, Biltmore or Disney hotel I’ve learned not to be self conscious of it. Nice places have pools, people like to to use them, and they all have to get back to their rooms somehow.

That’s not unique to GDT. Though you won’t technically go to the lobby there

If you stay at Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk Inn, Wilderness Lodge, Main building in contemporary or grand Floridian you have to walk in the building to reach your room. Some even right near the lobby.

I’m at Hard Rock right now, at the pool, and I have to walk in the building to reach the room

main point is there’s a long list of places to avoid if that bothers you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter