• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronado in August???

cooper_tish

Earning My Ears
We are booked at the Coronado from July 29-Aug. 7. When I try to book the same trip through Disney it states that the Coronado is full. Anyone know why this is??? Starting to freak out that the resort id going to be crazy...any thoughts on this?

I played around with WDW's site a bit and found that there are 3 nights with limited availability. August 1-3 only have king rooms or suites available. All the other nights had standard view rooms. I couldn't find any conventions scheduled for that timeframe. So it does appear that it will be busy, but I certainly wouldn't freak out about it. Summer is a busier time at WDW and I bet if you check other resorts you will find similar availability issues.

ETA: I did check all the other moderates, the values, and most of the deluxes, and the only other resort that seemed to have some room types unavailable was the Contemporary. CSR must just be super popular at that time. Or there is a convention there which is blocking out a lot of rooms but it isn't on the lists that I know to check.

for the reply :) That is why I am worried, I did not find any conferences scheduled and all the other moderate resorts are available!

It is a busy time and fairly last minute but keep checking back, there could be a cancellation!

If there is a convention taking place, most of the people staying at CSR for that reason will be stuck in meetings all day..and may never go to the parks at all. This means practically empty buses for you!

There are two conventions during that time period. One at the very beginning (ending on the 29th) and one at the very end (beginning August 5th).

Remember, many people coming to Disney for a conference pad their reservation with either days before or days after their conference (or both) in order to enjoy the parks and/or resort - especially if their family is coming along. :thumbsup2

So, the resort might very well be booked. But that doesn't mean it will be crowded. As PP said, many convention goers will be busy, conventioning. :rolleyes: I know when I go to CSR of a conference, I am pretty busy during the day.

Also, keep checking as you get closer to the time you want to arrive. Many times conventions will have a block of rooms reserved until a few weeks before their convention that will be released. Also, crap happens and people wind up canceling because they can no longer go to the convention.

In any case, you will have a great time. Don't let the conventions scare you. I actually hope for conventions (but not Granger!) during my CSR stay. ;)

Also... When you use the reservation system for that time period, it says it is full. But that is because it is full for at least one of the days you are looking for. I just tried looking during August 4-11 and no problems.

So, maybe if you want to come for that whole time period, consider splitting it with a different resort. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter