• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronado or Carribean

violetjaymom

Mouseketeer
With the summer discounts we can upgrade from value to moderate for a $200 difference.. Kids are ages 6 and 4...which hotel would be better????

violetjaymom said:
With the summer discounts we can upgrade from value to moderate for a $200 difference.. Kids are ages 6 and 4...which hotel would be better????

We stayed in a pirate room at CBR. Kids loved it and the pool. Nice kiddie section for your kids ages as mine were the same age at the time. The only negative I have about CBR is the bus service is horrible! We are trying CSR on this trip.

Both these moderates are great resorts. For ages 4 and 6 I think I would first suggest CBR over CSR. The zero entry pirate themed main pool is wonderful. Also, they have a toddler age pirate themed water play area that is fantastic. Your 4 year old will be able to enter, your 6 year old, I just can't remember what the cut off age is.

I would suggest a preferred room booking category as you would be really close to the main pool, and main building, gift shop, and stuff.

CSR is still great, and my second suggestion for your family make up would be to consider a CSR business class room booking as this would guarantee you in the business class building (9B) which is dead smack in between the main building and the main pool, and a step away from a bus stop. You would also get daily breakfast in the business class lounge, as well as snacks and drinks and things throughout the day during curtain times.

One more thought, going back to CBR: guest rooms are slated for complete rehab beginning April 2014, so your summer stay could, very well, yield a brand newly refurbished guest room which includes queen beds.

I've stayed at both. I would suggest CBR (preferred or pool view) for kids the ages of yours. I'd save CSR for when they are older.

We hated CSR. We weren't able to book a preferred room and we were way far away from el centro as well as the closest bus stop.

We hated CSR. We weren't able to book a preferred room and we were way far away from el centro as well as the closest bus stop.

Funny, those are the reasons I didn't like CBR.:upsidedow

The trick to being close to both el centro and the first bus stop at CSR is to request to be near the fitness center. That puts you in Casitas 4, which is both close to el centro and the very first bus stop picked up and dropped off.

I do think CBR has nice pools for little ones, but you really do need to book a preferred room there to be close to the themed pool and main buildings. But then you still have the issue of having to deal with 7 bus stops at the resort while coming and going to the parks. You are on the bus a bit.

We've never stayed at CSR, but we loved everything about CBR. I agree with the other posters that with the ages of your kids, I think they would love the pirate pool at CBR. Besides the pool being great, we thought the grounds were beautiful and relaxing, the food court had alot of variety, and the bus transportation was excellent.

The trick to being close to both el centro and the first bus stop at CSR is to request to be near the fitness center.

Thanks! A nifty trick, and I'll try it the next time I book CSR. This is just the kind of info I peruse the Disboards for...We'll be there next week and I managed to get a decent rate on a business class room. Can't Wait! :cool1:

Both these moderates are great resorts. For ages 4 and 6 I think I would first suggest CBR over CSR. The zero entry pirate themed main pool is wonderful. Also, they have a toddler age pirate themed water play area that is fantastic. Your 4 year old will be able to enter, your 6 year old, I just can't remember what the cut off age is. I would suggest a preferred room booking category as you would be really close to the main pool, and main building, gift shop, and stuff. CSR is still great, and my second suggestion for your family make up would be to consider a CSR business class room booking as this would guarantee you in the business class building (9B) which is dead smack in between the main building and the main pool, and a step away from a bus stop. You would also get daily breakfast in the business class lounge, as well as snacks and drinks and things throughout the day during curtain times. One more thought, going back to CBR: guest rooms are slated for complete rehab beginning April 2014, so your summer stay could, very well, yield a brand newly refurbished guest room which includes queen beds.
Thanks we just upgraded to CBR.. The pirate pool won me over

Does Carribean offer rollaway beds? I know some Disney hotels do and some do not

Yes, but they're very limited and on a first come first served basis. You might want to bring an air mattress just in case. That's what we have done and works great.

Love CBR. With the pirate themes, zero entry pool, fun surroundings, and music...dont know how your kids wouldn't like it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter