• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronado Springs... A Hidden Gem

ChrisnKim913

DIS Veteran
I just got back from a weekend getaway with my wife and 3 year old daughter at Coronado Springs and I left very impressed. We just booked here on a whim and it was a great choice. We got a text at 9:30am while we were driving there that our room was ready and it was a newly refurbished room in Ranchos building 7A. When we walked in, my wife and I were blown away. The room is absolutely stunning. The granite on the vanity and the large area under the tv was gorgeous. They even have little reading lights on each side of the bed built into the headboard. Yes the resort is spread out but the grounds are immaculate. The theming and look of the buildings, especially in Ranchos, were beautiful. The Dig Site pool area was also great. Our little one enjoyed the kiddie pool and also the large main pool. The pool bar is also one of the better ones I have encountered on property. I will say I was not impressed with the food options at Pepper Market food court but it wasn't horrible by any means. Breakfast was much better than lunch. I know this resort doesn't get a lot of notoriety but it should. Just in the last year and a half we have stayed at Pop, CBR, BWV, and the Poly. With the exception of having outdoor corridors, this resort could pass for a deluxe resort in my opinion. If you haven't thought about staying here, give it a shot.

Thanks for your review. We had a disappointing stay here a couple years ago and swore off them. I've been very tempted to try again because of the refurb.

We have an October trip planned and I keep considering them. I just can't find out much about how much of the resort is complete. Or how far along it will be in October anyway. If I knew we'd get a new room I'd book it. They do look lovely

I just got back from a weekend getaway with my wife and 3 year old daughter at Coronado Springs and I left very impressed. We just booked here on a whim and it was a great choice. We got a text at 9:30am while we were driving there that our room was ready and it was a newly refurbished room in Ranchos building 7A. When we walked in, my wife and I were blown away. The room is absolutely stunning. The granite on the vanity and the large area under the tv was gorgeous. They even have little reading lights on each side of the bed built into the headboard. Yes the resort is spread out but the grounds are immaculate. The theming and look of the buildings, especially in Ranchos, were beautiful. The Dig Site pool area was also great. Our little one enjoyed the kiddie pool and also the large main pool. The pool bar is also one of the better ones I have encountered on property. I will say I was not impressed with the food options at Pepper Market food court but it wasn't horrible by any means. Breakfast was much better than lunch. I know this resort doesn't get a lot of notoriety but it should. Just in the last year and a half we have stayed at Pop, CBR, BWV, and the Poly. With the exception of having outdoor corridors, this resort could pass for a deluxe resort in my opinion. If you haven't thought about staying here, give it a shot.

Interesting. I'm starting to think about next summer, and I really want to try CS. In fact, I saw a price for a preferred room with a king bed at just dollars more than a standard room at Port Orleans Riverside. My guess was, it's related to the construction going on. (But my preference would still be in Ranchos--from pix, I think it's beautiful!)

Which leads me to a question. Did you see construction and, if so, how intrusive was it?

Thank you for the review! I have been going back and forth on where to stay on my next trip in 2018. I have been really looking at Coronado to stay at! Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Lots of construction when u enter. Once I was at our building, I never saw it except when walking to the pool you can see the site where they are clearing. We had under construction pins in our room too that I wasn't expecting. I believe only 2 buildings have been complete so far with the refurb.

I wish I could find someone that was keeping track of which buildings were done. The thread here doesn't seem to be unless I'm looking in the wrong place

I love Coronado, it is definitely my favorite moderate. We were going to stay there this past April but found a really good AP rate for CBR so we booked that instead, CBR was ok but I would not stay there again, and we really missed Coronado. I also completely agree with the OP about the pool bar, it has some really good food options. I am relenting to DH to stay at POR next April, which I also really like, but I will probably still wish I were at Coronado instead.

For those of you looking for info on buildings that are refurbished and which are not, you might consider joining the Coronado Springs Buzz group on Facebook. You need to request to join to see the information. I see updates and new info added every day, including dates on which conventions will be taking place.

Currently, one building in the Cabanas area and 7A, a Ranchos building, are complete. There are two Casitas buildings undergoing refurbishments, and they are the Preferred Room buildings. So, there are not many buildings which are completely done.

@AngiTN - only Ranchos 7A and Cabanas 8A are finished so far...they recently moved on to Casitas 1 & 3. There are no guarantees, however it seems like many are getting lucky with refurbished rooms requests.

@ChimCher-ee - the construction is noticeable, but not intrusive IMO. It was sort of surprising the first time we walked the resort, but we couldn't hear anything in our room or in any main areas (Dig Site, El Centro).

Thanks for review-checking in 1 week from today! Although only for a few days before moving to SSR. Glad to hear about the pool-my son and I will be spending some time here until rest of family catches up.

The Coronado is a great resort! I was pleasantly surprised as well.

I agree about the food court, not the best.

Great report!

The Coronado is a great resort! I was pleasantly surprised as well.

I agree about the food court, not the best.

Great report!
I gotta say though, this is almost an oxymoroon, no? Can good food and Disney food court go together? We've tried most all of them and gotta say, we wouldn't return to any of them intentionally. I'd describe all of them as "not the best"
While we had issues with CSR we did find their food court to be no better or worse than any other food court on property. If I were to go blindfolded I wouldn't be able to tell one from another

Yep! CSR is the only moderate resort we do. We have had many wonderful experiences here. I am curious to see what it will be like when all the construction is complete. We think it is one of the best resorts to stay at if you are going to spend a lot of time at the resort.

Glad you enjoyed your stay. We will be back at CSR next year for a conference and we are looking forward to it:)

@AngiTN - only Ranchos 7A and Cabanas 8A are finished so far...they recently moved on to Casitas 1 & 3. There are no guarantees, however it seems like many are getting lucky with refurbished rooms requests.

@ChimCher-ee - the construction is noticeable, but not intrusive IMO. It was sort of surprising the first time we walked the resort, but we couldn't hear anything in our room or in any main areas (Dig Site, El Centro).
Thank you for this, (and PP for the FB page)
I'm trying to keep up with info on the refurb work.
Looks like it is slow work, which does make sense, it's pretty extensive.
I'm not sure how lucky I feel about getting one of the redone rooms in Oct. My luck went all kinds of wrong on our one and only stay here. It can either be just as bad or better if I try again. I do want to try again. So do I wait till they are done or not. This is my dilemma. I'm not worried about the construction itself, just getting one of the new rooms. Doesn't look like booking Preferred helps your odds much either, does it?
I need to read through the FB page to see if there is a completion date for the refurb, unless someone knows

Thank you for this, (and PP for the FB page)
I'm trying to keep up with info on the refurb work.
Looks like it is slow work, which does make sense, it's pretty extensive.
I'm not sure how lucky I feel about getting one of the redone rooms in Oct. My luck went all kinds of wrong on our one and only stay here. It can either be just as bad or better if I try again. I do want to try again. So do I wait till they are done or not. This is my dilemma. I'm not worried about the construction itself, just getting one of the new rooms. Doesn't look like booking Preferred helps your odds much either, does it?
I need to read through the FB page to see if there is a completion date for the refurb, unless someone knows

I love Coronado so I would take the chance. However, if I were in your position, and already had a bad experience, I would likely wait until I could be assured that I would be getting exactly what I wanted. I also agree with you about the CS at all the resorts, there are occasionally one or two items that I enjoy, but overall I avoid them like the plague, that said I have gotten some good snacks from both the Corondado and CBR pool bars.

I was looking at this resort, when planning my family stay, I had seen somewhere about it being under refurbishment, any ideas how loud it possibly is? Or what is being done?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter