Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nechville said:
10 for us (well, today's basically over so nine - single digits woo-hoo!) and I'm starting to stress receiving a shipment of clothes I ordered for the trip. It said 7-10 business days and I only had 8. I didn't want to pay expedited shipping charges but with the stress it's causing me, it might have been worth it.

How exciting!!!!

*fingers crossed* the clothes make it on time!

Spent a short time at CSR this weekend with a one night stay. It wasn't my favorite resort, I'm sorry to say. I did a travel agent tour in September and saw a room in Casitas and thought it looked nice.

When we checked in, our room was ready even though it was only about 9:30 am. They couldn't honor any of my requests, so we ended up in Ranchos which I was very unhappy about. Took forever to get out there. Pulling our luggage. No one asked us if we needed help with the luggage although we later saw golf carts taking people and luggage out. The room was OK but the bathroom felt dirty--the grout is dark so it just didn't look clean and there was rust in the sink. Not that those things individually ruined our experience, it just didn't make me want to go back. I spent part of the time wishing I had gone back to Port Orleans French Quarter.

Pepper Market was fine but the lines were crazy long and not efficient. I don't like the drink station where you have to get your cup from someone. Just seemed like a waste of resources. Apparently they had just put in the drink machines in the middle of PM, but it was chaotic and not laid out well. There were two CMs at the drink machine, but they didn't know where straws were or why there weren't straws there, sugars were in a odd place and overall it's a very small cramped area.

We enjoyed an hour sitting by the lake enjoying watching the turtles and enjoying the sun. The setting from El Centro looking out was lovely.

I don't know. We just didn't love it. If I ever did it again, I'd definitely splurge for preferred or something. Ranchos is a ridiculously long way away.

Spent a short time at CSR this weekend with a one night stay. It wasn't my favorite resort, I'm sorry to say. I did a travel agent tour in September and saw a room in Casitas and thought it looked nice.

When we checked in, our room was ready even though it was only about 9:30 am. They couldn't honor any of my requests, so we ended up in Ranchos which I was very unhappy about. Took forever to get out there. Pulling our luggage. No one asked us if we needed help with the luggage although we later saw golf carts taking people and luggage out. The room was OK but the bathroom felt dirty--the grout is dark so it just didn't look clean and there was rust in the sink. Not that those things individually ruined our experience, it just didn't make me want to go back. I spent part of the time wishing I had gone back to Port Orleans French Quarter.

Pepper Market was fine but the lines were crazy long and not efficient. I don't like the drink station where you have to get your cup from someone. Just seemed like a waste of resources. Apparently they had just put in the drink machines in the middle of PM, but it was chaotic and not laid out well. There were two CMs at the drink machine, but they didn't know where straws were or why there weren't straws there, sugars were in a odd place and overall it's a very small cramped area.

We enjoyed an hour sitting by the lake enjoying watching the turtles and enjoying the sun. The setting from El Centro looking out was lovely.

I don't know. We just didn't love it. If I ever did it again, I'd definitely splurge for preferred or something. Ranchos is a ridiculously long way away.

I am surprised no one asked about your luggage. We had three different people offer to take our luggage...to Cabanas 9B - not really necessary. Agree that Ranchos would be a long haul with luggage if one did not have a car.

Agree about the dark grout in the bathroom. It does make the shower look dirty. We also had rust in the drain part of the sink. Also had lots of scuffed up furniture. Room was very clean though.

Pepper Market is just weird to me and seems to change every couple of months. We must have left right before they started using the drink station. It was there, but not being used. I just would like to see them scrap the Pepper Market and redo it like the food courts at the other mods.

I am surprised no one asked about your luggage. We had three different people offer to take our luggage...to Cabanas 9B - not really necessary. Agree that Ranchos would be a long haul with luggage if one did not have a car.

Agree about the dark grout in the bathroom. It does make the shower look dirty. We also had rust in the drain part of the sink. Also had lots of scuffed up furniture. Room was very clean though.

Pepper Market is just weird to me and seems to change every couple of months. We must have left right before they started using the drink station. It was there, but not being used. I just would like to see them scrap the Pepper Market and redo it like the food courts at the other mods.

We had just come off the cruise and had taken a Mears van from the port to CSR. When we first arrived, they asked if they could take our bags but we suspected that we were just going to put them in luggage storage assuming our room wouldn't be ready and needed to shift some things around in the suitcases/carry bags that we had. So we took the suitcases with us to check in. and that was it. No mention of any other way to get our suitcases out to the room. The CM checking me in said they couldn't accomodate my room requests and said we were in Ranchos...seems like she would have said something since she knew we were a mile away from our room! :)

Anyone know if you can get coffee in the morning at the Siestas Cantina restaurant by the pool? Just curious if I would have to walk to El Centro to get my mug refilled each morning. Thanks.

We just got back from out trip and we loved the resort!! We were able to get our request for one of the Casita buildings and for a top floor room. We got both and had a great view of the lake and El Centro from room 5410. The rooms were great and we had a fridge for our Garden Grocer stuff. :thumbsup2

Everything was great except the Pepper Market..... that was just freaky!! :rotfl2: I did not like the stamp thing, the "quick service" & "snack" selections were not really marked. I got a bagel with some bacon and a fruit cup. When I got to the front she said they were all snacks. :confused3 Never did get the hang of it but then again we only ate there twice, mainly due to the set up.

We just got back from out trip and we loved the resort!! We were able to get our request for one of the Casita buildings and for a top floor room. We got both and had a great view of the lake and El Centro from room 5410. The rooms were great and we had a fridge for our Garden Grocer stuff. :thumbsup2

Everything was great except the Pepper Market..... that was just freaky!! :rotfl2: I did not like the stamp thing, the "quick service" & "snack" selections were not really marked. I got a bagel with some bacon and a fruit cup. When I got to the front she said they were all snacks. :confused3 Never did get the hang of it but then again we only ate there twice, mainly due to the set up.

The CM told me to request a ground floor for convenience. But we have a water view room, so do you think we will have a great view from the bottom floor? Or would there be a lot of obstructions? Wondering if I should change my request to a top floor?

The CM told me to request a ground floor for convenience. But we have a water view room, so do you think we will have a great view from the bottom floor? Or would there be a lot of obstructions? Wondering if I should change my request to a top floor?

It depends what building you are in and what you want a view of. If you are in Casitas 4 or 5 with a waterview you can actually see some of the Epcot fireworks from the 4th floor and the view is great up there. If you are in one of the Cabanas buildings they are only 2 floors and the view will be the same on either floor.

It depends what building you are in and what you want a view of. If you are in Casitas 4 or 5 with a waterview you can actually see some of the Epcot fireworks from the 4th floor and the view is great up there. If you are in one of the Cabanas buildings they are only 2 floors and the view will be the same on either floor.

We were upgraded to a water view which gave us a view of the pool in Ranchos... :)

*Bump*
:wave2:
been reading this forum for a while, never seen it go post-less for 2 days!?!

whats up with that?

Anywho -- 7 days from today I'll be checking into Coronado Springs in Business Class.
Yay!

My first trip to Disney since I was very little, but i've been researching for quite sometime! Have already received my magic bands and I'm ready to rock!
I will return with a full review, as i've read so many.
Just wondering if anyone has anything specific they'd like me to find out? Would love to be of help to anyone, as i've learned so much from this forum. Trying to pay it forward :flower3:

*Bump*
:wave2:
been reading this forum for a while, never seen it go post-less for 2 days!?!

whats up with that?

Anywho -- 7 days from today I'll be checking into Coronado Springs in Business Class.
Yay!

My first trip to Disney since I was very little, but i've been researching for quite sometime! Have already received my magic bands and I'm ready to rock!
I will return with a full review, as i've read so many.
Just wondering if anyone has anything specific they'd like me to find out? Would love to be of help to anyone, as i've learned so much from this forum. Trying to pay it forward :flower3:

Ooooo boy!! Yay for you! I'd like to be checking in there next week too! Enjoy!!! (no special requests from me except photos! :thumbsup2)

Just wondering if anyone has anything specific they'd like me to find out? Would love to be of help to anyone, as i've learned so much from this forum. Trying to pay it forward...

It's really silly, but I'm curious how much milk is in the store. By no means don't go searching for it, but if you happen to buy some and notice the price it would be great to know since we plan on packing cereal and would need milk when we get there.

It's really silly, but I'm curious how much milk is in the store. By no means don't go searching for it, but if you happen to buy some and notice the price it would be great to know since we plan on packing cereal and would need milk when we get there.

I will add a special milk section to my report!

I have a question...I booked a preferred room and I know its in cast.1,2,3...but I was wondering which building would be better...my son has aplastic anemia ...he needs a bone marrow transplant..so I want one closer to the bus if I can....which would be better I see cast.4 and 5 is close to bus stop two but I know they not preferred...should I request those instead????

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter