Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks KatMark!

We arrive late on the 11th - maybe we'll run into you!

Hi, I am a very new Diser but found this forum extremely helpful while researching for our very first WDW visit. We a traveling from Australia and arrive December 17th for 14 days staying at CSR. This is my 14 yr old daughter's big wish holiday, Christmas in WDW. I have a question, I have booked a preferred room, now am confused as our family are not really interested in the pool but want to be close to the El Centro and a bus stop, which is the best room to request? At present we have requested 9B.

Hope everyone had a good holiday!! We arrive 3 weeks from today!!! Can't wait for our first stay at CSR!!!

Hi, I am a very new Diser but found this forum extremely helpful while researching for our very first WDW visit. We a traveling from Australia and arrive December 17th for 14 days staying at CSR. This is my 14 yr old daughter's big wish holiday, Christmas in WDW. I have a question, I have booked a preferred room, now am confused as our family are not really interested in the pool but want to be close to the El Centro and a bus stop, which is the best room to request? At present we have requested 9B.

Hi there = hope you are enjoying the DIS. From what I have read, the preferred rooms are in Casitas 1,2 & 3 - near to El Centro. Have you booked direct with Disney or used a TA?

Just out of interest, how long is your flight from Australia?

Hope you have a lovely Christmas - we will be there from the 11th December:goodvibes

You will be close to El Centro with a preferred room. Preferred rooms are all located in Casitas 1, 2 and 3 (the main pool is by the Ranchos and Cabanas; there is a quiet pool in each village).

Hi all ... stayed at CSR this past May for 4 nights at the end of our cruise and we are now hooked!!! I do have 2 ddp questions if I could .... I know that lunch is now a buffet ... 1 QS right? Can you still order a pizza to go at lunch time? And if you can, does anyone know how many credits it is? Also, the pool side food ... can you use the dining plan? Sorry if these have been answered somewhere before. This is the first time that when we arrive at Disney, we are not going straight to the parks ... instead we are having our first day as a do nothing but the pool and downtown Disney. We have Maya Grill booked for dinner but was just hoping to eat by the pool either at the little place there or carry a pizza takeout. Thanks for the help!

We just went and used QS for pizza on our last night. 1 QS for the small pizza or 2 QS for the large pizza. It was actually very good and I am not a pizza eater at all.

Okay- found the info on Buzz's site.

Buses at the Resort
Theme park buses go in this order of bus stops:
2 - Casitas
3 - Ranchos
4 - Cabanas
1 - El Centro

Downtown Disney buses go in this order of bus stops
1 - El Centro
2 - Casitas
3 - Ranchos
4 - Cabanas

So in my case, the Cabanas stop will be a bit faster to get on a bus than the El Centro for the parks. I thought El Centro would be the first stop, but obviously not!

We just left and Bus Stop #2 was always picked up first, then #3, then #4 then #1. The one time the bus picked up #1 first the bus bottomed out and they had to switch people to a new bus. We think it had something to do with weight capacity and speed bumps that's why #1 is picked up last. ;)

Okay- found the info on Buzz's site.

Buses at the Resort
Theme park buses go in this order of bus stops:
2 - Casitas
3 - Ranchos
4 - Cabanas
1 - El Centro

Downtown Disney buses go in this order of bus stops
1 - El Centro
2 - Casitas
3 - Ranchos
4 - Cabanas

So in my case, the Cabanas stop will be a bit faster to get on a bus than the El Centro for the parks. I thought El Centro would be the first stop, but obviously not!
This is correct. We were there a few weeks back and the buses always ran this way

We just went and used QS for pizza on our last night. 1 QS for the small pizza or 2 QS for the large pizza. It was actually very good and I am not a pizza eater at all.
Were you able to do this for lunch or dinner?

This list of conventions is not a complete listing of CSR conventions. It only represents the conventions found while searching the internet.

November 2012
Nov 29 - Dec 2, 2012 NCA/NDA Christmas Extravaganza

December 2012
Nov 29 - Dec 2, 2012 NCA/NDA Christmas Extravaganza
Dec 1 - 9, Pop Warner Football (Teams can pick between All Stars, CBR and CSR)
Dec 27 - 30, USA Gymnastics New Year's Invitational

January 2013
Jan 6 - 9, Generac Dealer Conference
Jan 8 - 9, Pinch a Penny
Jan 16 - 19, CPC Orlando
Jan 20 - 24, 2013 BICSI Winter Conference & Exhibition
Jan 26 - 27, SLC 2013 Competitive Event Committee Meeting
Jan 27 - 31, Connect 2013 (Swan & Dolphin are the host hotel)
Jan 30 - 31, LeadingAge Florida Board of Trustees Meeting

February 2013
Feb 4 - 6, ACPA Professional Development
Feb 7 - 9, NABE 2013
Feb 9 - 12, 5th International Conference for Marine Ornamentals Community
Feb 9 - 14, SPIE Conference
Feb 14 - 17, 2013 Cardinal Migration
Feb 18 - 20, Training Magazine 2013 Conference and Expo
Feb 20 - 23, 2013 World Family Therapy Congress
Feb 21 - 22, Prevail Users Group 2013 Inaugural Conference
Feb 22 - 23, Disney's Fit for a Princess Expo
Feb 27 - 28, Compliance Knowledgeshare

March 2013
Mar 6 - 9, 2013 Appliance Service Training Institute
Mar 8 - 9, SLC 2013 State Officer Planning Meeting
Mar 9 - 13, International Dance championships - the Groove Experience
Mar 17 - 20, Spring World 2013 (Disaster Recovery Journal)

April 2013
Apr 4 - 7, HOSA State Leadership Conference
Apr 9 - 12, Ideas to Impact
Apr 14 - 17, 2013 National Conference
Apr 26, USASF Scholarship Interviews (see paragraph in yellow)

May 2013
May 19 - 23, Fusion 2013

June 2013
Jun 27 - 29, CTMH Convention
Jun 30 - Jul 3, Hollywood Vibe National Finals

July - December 2013
Jul 5 - 6, US Open Karate
Jul 8 – 14, Children with Diabetes: Friends for Life Annual Conference
Jul 14 - 18, LeadingAge Florida 50th Annual Convention and Exposition
Aug 30 - Sep 2, Mustang Club of America Grand National Show (discount reservations Aug 26 - Sep 5)
December 13 - 15, National Scholastic K-12 Chess Championship

April 3 – 6, HOSA State Leadership Conference
Jun 25 - 28, HOSA National Leadership Conference
September 19 - 22, Association of School Business Officials Annual Meeting

Mar 26 – 29, HOSA State Leadership Conference
Aug 27 - 31, The World Science Fiction Convention
Sept 2 - 6, Orlando 2015 Worldcon (Proposed)

No convention for our week in January! woot! woot!

Mary, glad to see this continue. We (well, I can't wait to be there...Mark still doesn't know about the trip). 15 days and counting. :goodvibes

There's no way I could have kept this secret. I would have had to go into counseling just to have a safe place to talk about it!

This may sound like a silly question, but does the it says the shop sells 'essentials' would this include tea bags, sugar, milk?

We won't have a car and don't need enough to be worth a garden grocer order :/

Or at milk and sugar provided with the coffee machine?

There's no way I could have kept this secret. I would have had to go into counseling just to have a safe place to talk about it!

Me either

Luckily, our oldest son is going so we text about it all the time, and our best friends who live in Naples are going too and we talk everyday. But these last 9 days it gets harder and harder. :lmao:

Luckily, our oldest son is going so we text about it all the time, and our best friends who live in Naples are going too and we talk everyday. But these last 9 days it gets harder and harder. :lmao:
Sounds like it is going to be a great time.

Two weeks to go and we will be back at CSR! Can't wait. I've been keeping it a secret from the kids. We plan to tell them the day before we leave. The suspense is killing me. :dance3:

KatMark... Have a great trip. Thanks to all for the great information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter