Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for all the replies! We are staying in business class, so I won't really have any other room requests (unless there is something I should request?!).

Anyone know if the sandboxes near the playground have sand toys (pails/shovels?) Just working on our packing lists now!

Thank you for all the replies! We are staying in business class, so I won't really have any other room requests (unless there is something I should request?!).

I requested to be on the "main" lagoon side and second floor, both requests were honored. The rooms face the main lagoon and the Digsite. Also have the Hammocks right outside the door. Not a big deal but I figured it was a little better than the backside of the building which faced a smaller lagoon and the roadway. My wife like's the top floor so there is no one above us. Either way though you can't beat the location of the Business Class rooms! :thumbsup2

Anyone know if the sandboxes near the playground have sand toys (pails/shovels?) Just working on our packing lists now!

I remember seeing occasional pails and shovels, etc. in the sand at the beach part of Cabanas, but I'm not sure about over near the playground. I'll let others chime in on that one for confirmation.

I'm booking for this upcoming December 4th for our Honeymoon and I noticed there are no doubles avl. I'm not looking for doubles but it has me thinking there's a big convention going on. Has anybody heard anything?

:wizard: I'm getting same thing for the end of July….no standard or double rooms available. I wonder if there's a problem with the site...:confused3

I have a felling Pop Warner will be there while I'm there but they usually stay at all stars? I also noticed last month when I checked the rates were cheaper hmmm. oh I hope the parks aren't crazy busy.

Hi everyone, first-timer to CSR here but very excited!

I could use some help with packing though! I am sure this is somewhere but I had trouble finding it. What are the current toiletries? I am hoping to save some space!

Thanks!

Gosh, just there: shampoo, conditioner, bar soap, liquid gel soap, and lotion. All H2O brand.

I always bring my own stuff, but found the zip lock quart size allowance to be plenty of supplies. We did all carry on, four day visit (but we had plenty!) Target, others sells empty travel sized (spray) bottles and travel sized bottles of many brands of assorted products. Anything solid, like deodorant/soap, I put separate. (SO it doesn't count as part of the quart.) For laundry detergent, I pack a scoop of the powdered kind. To wash dishes, I use the shower gel. ;) I like many expensive products, but when traveling -can't beat Suave hairspray. A little bottle lasts a long time.

On some trips in warmer months, we sometimes also get solar gel (like Aloe vera). Great Stuff! But many of our stays in recent years were at the deluxes - so maybe only deluxes get it. I know they only give it out certain times of year (like March/April). No resorts give it out in the coldest months. So definite maybe! I also saw they had H2O products for sale in the gift shop.

In summer, you need to bring plenty of sunlock. In winter, mostly only Epcot/pool.

I have a felling Pop Warner will be there while I'm there but they usually stay at all stars? I also noticed last month when I checked the rates were cheaper hmmm. oh I hope the parks aren't crazy busy.

Pop Warner won't affect the parks, it could make things a little chaotic at the resorts they stay at though. My advice would be to splurge for the Business Class room. They rarely put conventions in that area and tends to stay pretty quiet. Also the Cabanas 9B location is the best spot at CSR.:thumbsup2

Gosh, just there: shampoo, conditioner, bar soap, liquid gel soap, and lotion. All H2O brand.

I always bring my own stuff, but found the zip lock quart size allowance to be plenty of supplies. We did all carry on, four day visit (but we had plenty!) Target, others sells empty travel sized (spray) bottles and travel sized bottles of many brands of assorted products. Anything solid, like deodorant/soap, I put separate. (SO it doesn't count as part of the quart.) For laundry detergent, I pack a scoop of the powdered kind. To wash dishes, I use the shower gel. ;) I like many expensive products, but when traveling -can't beat Suave hairspray. A little bottle lasts a long time.

On some trips in warmer months, we sometimes also get solar gel (like Aloe vera). Great Stuff! But many of our stays in recent years were at the deluxes - so maybe only deluxes get it. I know they only give it out certain times of year (like March/April). No resorts give it out in the coldest months. So definite maybe! I also saw they had H2O products for sale in the gift shop.

In summer, you need to bring plenty of sunlock. In winter, mostly only Epcot/pool.

I received the solar gel at AKL last month, however that stay was CL. I did not receive it at either Poly or YC in November. So it must just be deluxes during summer or CL stays. I never had so many little bottles as I did in CL lol.

We are there for 7 nights this trip so I was making sure CSR had the separate shampoo/conditioner. I have very long hair so after hair styling products, facial products, spf, that little bag is a mess! If I can eliminate shampoo/conditioner, lotion, and shower gel, I am in good shape! Thanks everyone!

We're also in business class next week and I requested only near transportation to be on the side of the building next to the bus station and main building + near the path to the pool but the building isn't that big anyways, I'm sure some would rather be near the parking lot too. Some also like to request a floor..that's not a huge deal for us though.

Just wanted to give a brief review of our stay. We were there from Jan 31st-Feb 7th, we stayed in the business class section of the hotel and it was fantastic! We were in room 9641, it was on the second floor on the back side, but a perfect location, we just had to go down a flight of stairs and around the corner to both the lounge and to get to the bus station. Our room was very nice, housekeeping did a good job, I left a note one morning for more lotion and came home that night to 5 bottles!! The lounge was great, for the most part the staff was fantastic. In the morning, there was a ton of fresh fruit, pastries, cereal, yogurt and juice. In the evening, there were chips and dip (the leek dip was fantastic) beer, wine, soda and sangria. I know there were some questions about whether the sangria was still offered and it is, you just have to ask for it :) Bus service was fantastic!!! I'll admit I was concerned that 9B is near the last bus stop, but we never had to stand on the bus, we always had a seat, I think the longest we ever had to wait for a bus was 5 minutes and we got to the parks fast too, even MK! We have stayed at value and deluxe resorts before, but this was our first time at a moderate and this was by far our best experience with any of the Disney hotels, we loved it! My husband doesn't even want to try another hotel, he said we will always stay business class at CSR from now on!!

Thanks for sharing your experience with business class. Sounds like you had a great stay. We will be there in April and I am really looking forward to it. I am hoping to use the lounge for a lite breakfast in the morning.

Happy to say we booked today for our upcoming Disney vacation. Going "home" to Coronado. Last year, we strayed away from CSR and stayed at POR. POR was very nice, but it wasn't what we fell in love with at CSR. Looking forward to 11 glorious days! :goodvibes

Happy to say we booked today for our upcoming Disney vacation. Going "home" to Coronado. Last year, we strayed away from CSR and stayed at POR. POR was very nice, but it wasn't what we fell in love with at CSR. Looking forward to 11 glorious days! :goodvibes

Sounds like me. We've tried POR, CBR, POFQ and a lot of the deluxe resorts, but seem to always come back to CSR! It just feels right to us. We're headed back for our 5th stay for 11 days in May - Can't wait!!! :goodvibes

I see all you folks talking about business class, should I upgrade from a preferred room to business class?

Just wanted to give a brief review of our stay. We were there from Jan 31st-Feb 7th, we stayed in the business class section of the hotel and it was fantastic! We were in room 9641, it was on the second floor on the back side, but a perfect location, we just had to go down a flight of stairs and around the corner to both the lounge and to get to the bus station. Our room was very nice, housekeeping did a good job, I left a note one morning for more lotion and came home that night to 5 bottles!! The lounge was great, for the most part the staff was fantastic. In the morning, there was a ton of fresh fruit, pastries, cereal, yogurt and juice. In the evening, there were chips and dip (the leek dip was fantastic) beer, wine, soda and sangria. I know there were some questions about whether the sangria was still offered and it is, you just have to ask for it :) Bus service was fantastic!!! I'll admit I was concerned that 9B is near the last bus stop, but we never had to stand on the bus, we always had a seat, I think the longest we ever had to wait for a bus was 5 minutes and we got to the parks fast too, even MK! We have stayed at value and deluxe resorts before, but this was our first time at a moderate and this was by far our best experience with any of the Disney hotels, we loved it! My husband doesn't even want to try another hotel, he said we will always stay business class at CSR from now on!!

Do they have berries in the morning at breakfast???

I just returned from a weekend stay at Coronado. I had previously stayed there many years ago. With the cheer competition there this weekend there was not much hotel availablility, so I decided on Coronado. I have to say I was just not really happy there. It started when we checked in at 2:15. I had requested building 1 or 3, building ( preferred) first floor, as I had two sets of luggage I needed to transport. She said they had me booked in building 3 floor 1, but they did not have any idea when it would be ready and probably would be after 3:00. She probably told me four times, that rooms did not ahve to be ready before 3. I understood that, but she was telling me it would be after 3. I needed to unload my luggage to go to the airport to pick someone up, so I really needed the room then. I ended up in building 2 floor 2. I was not happy. I guess what really bothered me was her attitude, she was not in the disney spirit. The rest of the weekend, I just felt like it was that way. Everyone seemed to just be doing there job, nothing more. When I checked my bags to the airport, he said he couldn't print my boarding pass, because I didnt have seats. I went to the business office and sure enough, had seats and printed my boarding pass. I also still can't undestand how they built this hotel so spread out around the lake. With so many other disney choices, I would not stay here again.

I see all you folks talking about business class, should I upgrade from a preferred room to business class?

I think most will be disappointed by the preferred rooms. They are closer to the food court than most, but depending on which room you get can be 5-10 min walk to the main pool. When we stayed in a preferred room at CBR it was literally right beside the food court and pool, I suspect this is what most people would be expecting.

The Business Class rooms are the best location at CSR. You are 2 min walk to food court, 2 min walk to main pool, 1 min walk to quiet pool/laundry, 1 min walk to bus stop. The only major amenity that is more than a 2 min walk is the fitness center which is about 5 mins away. We stayed in the Business Class room last trip strictly for the premium location, any use we got out of the BC lounge was just a bonus to us.

:worried:Never stood here before and wondering when check-in starts in the morning... we will be there by 7:00am:scared1: Thank you :worship:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter