• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronado Springs Room Choice

Sweettears

60 years of Disney fandom and counting
I’m getting down to the wire on having to make a decision for my upcoming trip. My plans include staying at CSR which will be my first time. I have two options available. One is a tower water view the other is a CSR water view.

Which option would you recommend? I have read that the standard rooms can be a considerable walk from the lobby area. I’m not opposed to having a walk and don’t mind bein* in an area that may be less hectic and more isolated. On the other hand I also have read that the tower is much more convenient and preferred by most. If the rooms had a balcony the matter would be settled for me.

I also have heard that the walls are somewhat thin in the tower and noise can be an issue.

Any thoughts or recomm?

Just got back from a week stay in the Tower. The convenience is definitely worth it for us. I think it was about $60 more per night. I wouldn't pay a lot more.

Just got back from a week stay in the Tower. The convenience is definitely worth it for us. I think it was about $60 more per night. I wouldn't pay a lot more.
Thanks. This will be a solo trip so the only one’s convenience I need to worry about is mine.

I have only stayed in the Tower at CSR and absolutely loved it. It's a beautiful building and very close to the restaurants and bus stop.

I adore the tower! Multiple stays, I don’t find it to be chaotic unless I run into a conference of people checking in/out or am trying to get an elevator at peak check in time. None of that happens often enough to make me think the tower is chaotic. Morning espresso bar at the bottom, evening night cap up top, it’s my jam 😆

I stayed in a preferred room Pre-tower and it was way too much walking for me. Even once I got to the building it was like a maze trying to find my room. Funny but I find the tower to be even less walking than some of the deluxes can saddle you with.

I did love my stay at the Tower, but if you do choose that, be prepared for awful waits at the bus stop. During my stay in November, I had to wait at least 30 minutes each day, often more....Apparently the Tower is the last stop, so previous buses that had already filled bypassed it. It was so bad, that I don’t think I’d ever stay there again - it got my days off to very frustrating and late starts.

I did love my stay at the Tower, but if you do choose that, be prepared for awful waits at the bus stop. During my stay in November, I had to wait at least 30 minutes each day, often more....Apparently the Tower is the last stop, so previous buses that had already filled bypassed it. It was so bad, that I don’t think I’d ever stay there again - it got my days off to very frustrating and late starts.
I had zero issues with bus transportation during my tower stay but I was always on the first bus out in the morning for rope drop. I find that the later into the morning rush you get the more people are up and out and that's when you start potentially running into problems. That's true at every resort too, not just CSR.

Personally I love the tower as a frequent solo guest for the convenience of everything being available right there but also because the rooms open to hallways. It just feels safer as a woman traveling alone.

I had zero issues with bus transportation during my tower stay but I was always on the first bus out in the morning for rope drop. I find that the later into the morning rush you get the more people are up and out and that's when you start potentially running into problems. That's true at every resort too, not just CSR.

Personally I love the tower as a frequent solo guest for the convenience of everything being available right there but also because the rooms open to hallways. It just feels safer as a woman traveling alone.
I get waiting 15, 20, 25 minutes, but 30-45 ? That’s a lot, and IMO it’s too much. Yes there are delays at other resorts if you don’t do rope drop, but IMO not to this extent, I can’t convey how frustrating it was to see buses constantly pass the Tower by, and you shouldn’t have to get up early enough to do rope drop in order to avoid 45 minute delays. JMO. I still thought the place was gorgeous, but I got burned too many times

We stayed at CSR before the tower was built and thought the grounds were stunning! Would definitely stay here again if it weren’t for the buses! Never came according to the schedule on the monitor/app…waited a long time for buses that always seemed full. Maybe tower is is better🤷‍♀️

We stayed at CSR before the tower was built and thought the grounds were stunning! Would definitely stay here again if it weren’t for the buses! Never came according to the schedule on the monitor/app…waited a long time for buses that always seemed full. Maybe tower is is better🤷‍♀️
Buses seem to be a common complaint. I’m planning on using ride share most of the time.

We love CSR, but the Tower bus stop is usually the biggest complaint since it’s the last stop before the buses leave for the parks.

I've never stayed at the tower but last year had a really great time in just a standard room. I was in building 8B Ranchos and the bus stop was essentially outside my door. I'm in my late 30s, solo, able bodied and didn't find it was too much walking at all.

I never even went to the main Tower/lobby during my trip except on the first and last day - I ate at Three Bridges, which is centrally located, and swam at the Dig Site pool which was near my room. I suppose if you plan on stopping by the lobby/Tower daily then it would make sense to stay there but I definitely didn't miss it.

Ultimately you can only decide whether the upgrade is worth it but I'm someone who would rather use that $60 a night for food, drinks and souvenirs.

This, we stayed in the Tower in December and were usually rope dropping, with no issues at all, and it was a short walk down a flight of stairs to the bus stop. We stayed at Casitas 3 in February and ended up in between bus stops, and it was just a PITA to walk through parking lots to the bus stop.

If you do stay in the regular part of CSR, I suggest getting a top floor room, it was much quieter. That being said, we often got slightly lost trying to find our room a number of times, it's really a maze, LOL!

You can't go wrong with either, I was hoping to stay in the Tower again in February but there was no availability, and ended up loving the stay in Casitas too!

I had a "water view" regular room several years ago before the tower was built and it looked right out onto a palm tree which blocked the entire view. Kinda funny actually. Probably in the tower you can actually see the water.

That being said, I haven't stayed there since the tower was completed and I've enjoyed all the areas. I thought I would dislike Ranchos but that was one of my favorites. I can understand wanting to be closer to the main building however and would pick a tower room if the extra money was not an issue.

We were there the first week of November and stayed in Ranchos. There were a few times our bus wouldn’t even go to the tower and pick up since we were full. There were also times we arrived and could only fit a few people which meant there was a lot of angry people left waiting.

We had a wonderful stay in Ranchos. It wasn’t a long walk to the tower with the bridge. We were so close to the pool and bus stop. We absolutely loved the resort. The tower dining options and amenities weren’t that important to me since I went with my teenage daughter and we tend to eat more in the parks and do more pool time.

We were there the first week of November and stayed in Ranchos. There were a few times our bus wouldn’t even go to the tower and pick up since we were full. There were also times we arrived and could only fit a few people which meant there was a lot of angry people left waiting.

We had a wonderful stay in Ranchos. It wasn’t a long walk to the tower with the bridge. We were so close to the pool and bus stop. We absolutely loved the resort. The tower dining options and amenities weren’t that important to me since I went with my teenage daughter and we tend to eat more in the parks and do more pool time.
I’m so glad you enjoyed the casitas - If I recall, they only had The tower available when I booked, so I had no choice. I’m wincing just thinking about the buses skipping the Tower. They need to consider having a Tower only or Tower first bus

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter