Coronavirus and DCL Megathread - Suspension of Departures for the fleet until early November. Booking only available from early December.

We are on the Hawaiian sailing on 29 April and I’m really wondering what’s going to happen here. My main concern is that we have 5 sea days b2b. I can see a cruise line not risking having elderly people( you seem to actually need treatment with this virus) on the ship with limited access and space. The past few weeks has just been a mental nightmare for me as I am really looking forward to this. It’s not the cruise money and the fact that will be missing a vacation that hurts - it’s just the community we have built in FB the past two years , the amount of time and love I put into my FE gifts. If Disney does cancel and we get the refund we will still be out about a grand For other spent expenses which is not too bad.

• Beginning Friday, March 6, all guests and crew members will have their temperature checked by a nurse with a no touch thermometer prior to boarding. Additional medical screening will be required for anyone with a temperature of 100.4º F or greater, and they along with their travel party may be unable to sail.
  • Finally, guests scheduled to sail between now and May 31, 2020, can now change their reservation up until the day before embarkation and receive a 100% cruise credit to be used for a future sailing within 12 months of their original sail date. You can make this change by calling 1-866-325-2112. The credit is non-refundable and standard prevailing rates will apply.

wow! that's a major shift in their policy

• Beginning Friday, March 6, all guests and crew members will have their temperature checked by a nurse with a no touch thermometer prior to boarding. Additional medical screening will be required for anyone with a temperature of 100.4º F or greater, and they along with their travel party may be unable to sail.
  • Finally, guests scheduled to sail between now and May 31, 2020, can now change their reservation up until the day before embarkation and receive a 100% cruise credit to be used for a future sailing within 12 months of their original sail date. You can make this change by calling 1-866-325-2112. The credit is non-refundable and standard prevailing rates will apply.
That is awesome!!!!! We are on the Hawaiian cruise and oh my God I could cry right now as we will still go if we are healthy and flights are operating. But this gives us the flexibility to just wait out the time until 29 April

I will just say this makes me love DCL even more (I know other lines are doing similar things). I have said it a few times but we are embarking on April 25th. This gives us a really nice amount of leeway to just see what happens.

Pretty useless for us. I was hoping for something along the lines of Carnival with an incentive for keeping the cruise or a no penalty cancellation option for upcoming cruises. Even extending the credit for 24 months instead of 12 would have been useful. The only sail date that works for us is in the next 12 months is the 12/28/20 Dream. The price is almost double what we paid for the same cruise that leaves in 3 weeks, so we would come out ahead financially to just cancel now and take the 75% penalty.

I was hoping for an On Board Credit like Carnival was giving their passengers who decide to stay on their cruise...that would be nice as well. But at least if we go, we can enjoy a pretty empty cruise ship! We have back to back May 8 and 11th on the Dream - I imagine lots of cancellations!

Where's this info coming from? I haven't received an e-mail nor have seen it on the DCL website.

So what happens if you do have a fever and are denied boarding? Do you get the credit or just out of luck?

Where's this info coming from? I haven't received an e-mail nor have seen it on the DCL website.
Often DCL will notify travel agents first so that they have a chance to prepare themselves for response before just tossing it up on their website all surprise! like. Many people are travel agents and Scott at DCLBlog often gets these messages passed to him. You can read the whole release on his site currently.

We sail in late June and I'm a bit disappointed that the cutoff is May 31. With our PIF date quickly approaching I think we really do have to consider if canceling is our best option with a potential rebook closer to the actual date if the situation is more predictable.

If we pick a cheaper cruise, does anyone think they will give the balance as OBC or are we just out the difference? I'm really loathe to pay MORE for a cruise, especially since we don't know how bad COVID-19 could be in the future.

If we pick a cheaper cruise, does anyone think they will give the balance as OBC or are we just out the difference? I'm really loathe to pay MORE for a cruise, especially since we don't know how bad COVID-19 could be in the future.

Just book two cruises :)

My guess is that you are SOL on the difference. They are saying that the credit is only good for 12 months and is none refundable, so I can't see them giving any of it back.

Psy

We sail in late June and I'm a bit disappointed that the cutoff is May 31. With our PIF date quickly approaching I think we really do have to consider if canceling is our best option with a potential rebook closer to the actual date if the situation is more predictable.

Three months is plenty generous. If Coronovirus continues to be a concern, they'll certainly adjust the date as needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter