Coronavirus and DCL Megathread - Suspension of Departures for the fleet until early November. Booking only available from early December.

This is great news, for everyone,I'm concerned about getting home after cruise. We debark in Barcelona and were planning to fly to Italy for 5 days before we came home. So I have to see what will happen with flights from Italy.
Flight paid for already.

• Beginning Friday, March 6, all guests and crew members will have their temperature checked by a nurse with a no touch thermometer prior to boarding. Additional medical screening will be required for anyone with a temperature of 100.4º F or greater, and they along with their travel party may be unable to sail.
  • Finally, guests scheduled to sail between now and May 31, 2020, can now change their reservation up until the day before embarkation and receive a 100% cruise credit to be used for a future sailing within 12 months of their original sail date. You can make this change by calling 1-866-325-2112. The credit is non-refundable and standard prevailing rates will apply.
I am guessing you dont get your cruise credit if they determine at the Port you are unable to sail

That is awesome!!!!! We are on the Hawaiian cruise and oh my God I could cry right now as we will still go if we are healthy and flights are operating. But this gives us the flexibility to just wait out the time until 29 April

I think you will have to decide well before April 29 if you want to move your cruise. Carnival for example is making people decide by 3/31. Disney's announcement doesn't say one way or the other.

I am guessing you dont get your cruise credit if they determine at the Port you are unable to sail

I'm guessing not. Also, if you move your cruise and then your original cruise is cancelled/refunded, they are not giving you the option for a refund because you are "rebooked."

Not giving it back. Say my credit is $5600 and I rebook for a $5200 cruise. Can I have a $400 OBC?
I can't say. I just don't see them doing that, since it says it can be used for a future sailing within 12 months of the original sail date. Hopefully I'm reading it wrong, but I would not count on them doing that.

Psy

We sail in late June and I'm a bit disappointed that the cutoff is May 31. With our PIF date quickly approaching I think we really do have to consider if canceling is our best option with a potential rebook closer to the actual date if the situation is more predictable.

The same very senior DCL person who told me in advance that this announcement was coming today told me things are "fluid" and they will adjust as needed. He listened to my concern about the June cruises and I am fairly confident we will get the same offer before the upcoming April deadlines if needed. If I hadn't passed my PIF deadline, I would cancel with the plan to rebook if things improve. But for those of use who have passed those deadlines, I take comfort in knowing we probably won't need to make the hard decision of crossing the 50% cancellation mark in April unless things hare already drastically improved.

I read it as one day before
That’s correct.

“ Additionally, guests scheduled to sail between now and May 31, 2020, can now change their reservation up until the day before embarkation and receive a 100% cruise credit to be used for a future sailing within 12 months of their original sail date by calling the telephone number above. The credit is non-refundable and standard prevailing rates will apply.”

This probably means great news with discounted cruises coming up. Lots of people will cancel. Meaning probably cheap cruises. I mean cheap for DCL.

You really don't think they'll give people the credit option if they are denied boarding? That would be brutal.

This probably means great news with discounted cruises coming up. Lots of people will cancel. Meaning probably cheap cruises. I mean cheap for DCL.

See I assume this might lead to less discounts. If I can cancel up until the day before the cruise there’s no reason the do it early and inventory will show as lower until right before the cruise.
Plus if prices are discounted I’d assume currently booked passengers would cancel and rebook so I‘d think there’s a real risk in DCL discounting fares right now.
I could be wrong though (and was kind of counting on a lot of discounts popping up).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter