• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronavirus and DCL Megathread - Suspension of Departures for the fleet until early November. Booking only available from early December.

I don’t think they could sell cruises out of NYC.

Why? They have been cruising out of NYC since 2012...not every year but often. I have done several cruises out of NYC on DCL. My favorite itinerary is NYC to PC (WDW) and CC. If they can't do CC then I would love NYC to PC (WDW) and Key West if they could get rid of that stupid rule. Or I would do a NYC to Bermuda or New England. Many options. I think it would be a great option, especially in the summer. Most of DCL's cruises out of NYC were in the Fall.

Millions of people in the Tri-State area and beyond.

MJ

Last edited:
We’re not Italy.
and it's that arrogance that has the USA in the position it is now.. What did you mean "We're not Italy"
I am sure if this hit Florida really hard, where all the older snow birds are right now, the state will also have an issue keeping ICU beds available. It was also this arrogance from our government ( CDC or whoever) that has us in this situation of lack of testing. The WHO offered in January to give us test kits. We said no, we do things our way. The WHO sent tests to over 60 countries when this first came out, except the united states

Why? They have been cruising out of NYC since 2012...not every year but often. I have done several cruises out of NYC on DCL. My favorite itinerary is NYC to PC (WDW) and CC. If they can't do CC then I would love NYC to PC (WDW) and Key West if they could get rid of that stupid rule. Or I would do a NYC to Bermuda or New England. Many options. I think it would be a great option, especially in the summer. Most of DCL's cruises out of NYC were in the Fall.

MJ
The few they have dont sell that well. I don’t think people that had planned on sailing to Europe are going to switch over to a bahamas cruise. I wouldn’t I’ll switch cruise lines or wait until next year.
NYC is not an easy place to cruise out of unless your a local.If they price them dirt cheap Maybe they’ll get some takers. My guess is you live near NYC.

Wow. I know this could send us into a recession if it is not contained soon, but I feel bad for all the TA who are experiencing a loss in commission right now. It could hit us all in the pocketbook soon, but it is hitting theirs first.
Agreed. I feel awful for them. We all need to hope this ends soon.

and it's that arrogance that has the USA in the position it is now.. What did you mean "We're not Italy"
I am sure if this hit Florida really hard, where all the older snow birds are right now, the state will also have an issue keeping ICU beds available. It was also this arrogance from our government ( CDC or whoever) that has us in this situation of lack of testing. The WHO offered in January to give us test kits. We said no, we do things our way. The WHO sent tests to over 60 countries when this first came out, except the united states

Last edited:

We’re not going to ignore people that need to be intubated. Did you read the post I was responding too? We have a lot more money and resources then Italy. I’ve been to Italy a couple of times. It’s not exactly a thriving economy. The unemployment is over 10%.
I have faith that our country will manage this just fine.

We will ignore people who need intubation. We have nowhere near the number of ICU beds that will be needed, or the equipment to handle demand, either in metro hospitals or in rural areas.

We are likely to have hundreds of thousands of people die. This really isn't hype.

The few they have dont sell that well. I don’t think people that had planned on sailing to Europe are going to switch over to a bahamas cruise. I wouldn’t I’ll switch cruise lines or wait until next year.
NYC is not an easy place to cruise out of unless your a local.If they price them dirt cheap Maybe they’ll get some takers. My guess is you live near NYC.

In the burbs of NYC. But as I mentioned before DCL offered cruises in the Fall.....more people would book during the summer. I do agree it is not comparable for someone who wanted a European cruise but at least it is an option, especially for people who may not want to fly who live a driveable distance away. But many fly into NY for DCL cruises too. I love when DCL is in town. It does make it so convenient.

If it wasn't at all profitable why did they keep coming back to NY?

MJ

Last edited:
I think it's a good time to share this. Even if you aren't a God person, break off the last section, and it's all relevant.

Prayer for a Pandemic
By Cameron Bellm

May we who are merely inconvenienced
Remember those whose lives are at stake.
May we who have no risk factors
Remember those most vulnerable.
May we who have the luxury of working from home
Remember those who must choose between preserving their health or making their rent.
May we who have the flexibility to care for our children when their schools close
Remember those who have no options.
May we who have to cancel our trips
Remember those that have no safe place to go.
May we who are losing our margin money in the tumult of the economic market
Remember those who have no margin at all.
May we who settle in for a quarantine at home
Remember those who have no home.
As fear grips our country,
let us choose love.
During this time when we cannot physically wrap our arms around each other,
Let us yet find ways to be the loving embrace of God to our neighbors.
Amen.

No we are all not doomed and will die, but our resources will be ovewhelmed that is why governments around the world are shutting things down to "flatten the curve"
I think I’m just going to jump on the doom and gloom train like everyone else. Trying to be positive on these boards takes to much energy.

So I spent all day looking at future DCL cruises the next 12 or 15 month... I am anticipatin the Hawaii sailings will be cancelled, though no offiical email yet. Many are hoping there is some exceptions made where the sailing continues from other ports. Only positive for most is IF and a 1% IF ports were to change, I am sure any airline would be willing to change things up to avoid refunds or other changes.
I am not so happy with the 2020 and early 2021 sailings. Even when they came out I was like, nah.. I liked the Fantasy eastern/western rotations.. this year is just not my thing... Nothing appeals to me.

I have been looking at fall sailings on other lines and finding lots.... me might take the refund and jump ship... I will look out for any super GTY rates and maybe book a short one just to dump all this disney FE crap I spent months on making.. and get my disney fix.. that is what bums me the most of this.. I have so cool stuff and was hoping for cool hawaiian sailing themed gifts back....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter