• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronavirus and DCL Megathread - Suspension of Departures for the fleet until early November. Booking only available from early December.

Rounded up, there are approximate 318 million people living in the United States. The coronavirus test isn't a pregnancy test. You can't simply pee on a stick and, 10 minutes later, know if you have the coronavirus. The tests have to be processed. How long do you think it would take to process 318 million tests? For the sake of discussion, let's say only 10% of the population got tested? How long do you think it would take to process 32 million tests?
Unfortunately, it's worse than simply how long it would take. These tests, like anything, are not 100% accurate. I haven't seen a lot of discussion regarding the accuracy of the COVID-19 tests, but I have seem estimates as high as a 10% false positive rate. Even if we assume 2 orders of magnitude better than that (0.1% false positive rate), then for 318 million tests, that would result in 318,000 false positives. Bad news.

First shot followed by another in 28 days then a year of waiting. At best it’ll work out ok 13 months away before manufacturing can start.
I think they will do the manufacturing before the 13 month period. With no side effects, and the need for this vac, I think they will start production at about the nine month mark so it can be quickly rolled out. Of course I could be wrong but if they feel it is going to be a go they will start early and stock pile.
Again, just my guess.

I think they will do the manufacturing before the 13 month period. With no side effects, and the need for this vac, I think they will start production at about the nine month mark so it can be quickly rolled out. Of course I could be wrong but if they feel it is going to be a go they will start early and stock pile.
Again, just my guess.
Fauci says expect 12-18 months at least. I believe him. They’ve carried out some exceptional fast tracking thus far but safety has to be a priority. No more thalidomide situations. And maybe once it’s here then the vulnerable will take priority? Unless you are one of the more vulnerable groups 😊

If you’re on a Magic summer cruise, or Hawaii / Alaska and booked a rate where Disney assign your stateroom, have you been given an allocation yet?

Again, just my guess.
Fauci said today that it would take at least a 12 month period of evaluation.

If you’re on a Magic summer cruise, or Hawaii / Alaska and booked a rate where Disney assign your stateroom, have you been given an allocation yet?

We are gty on the Magic the cruise before the transatlantic, no room assignment yet, we are booked B2B, losing hope at this point.

Fauci says expect 12-18 months at least. I believe him. They’ve carried out some exceptional fast tracking thus far but safety has to be a priority. No more thalidomide situations. And maybe once it’s here then the vulnerable will take priority? Unless you are one of the more vulnerable groups 😊
Thanks, I'm not though.
Fauci said today that it would take at least a 12 month period of evaluation.
Maybe I didn't get my point across, I might not have explained properly. I did not say that they would start dispensing the vaccine, I said they would start production and stock pile if and when they are not seeing side effects at about the nine month period. They are going to want to get this out quick, everyone is going to want it. Yes, they will take the period to evaluate but that does not mean they will not be ready the minute the FDA says go.
Again, just my thought.....

We are gty on the Magic the cruise before the transatlantic, no room assignment yet, we are booked B2B, losing hope at this point.
If I had to bet, my guess would be that they keep the Magic here in the States and do cruises that stay close to the US Mainland. I think that, at least initially, people aren't going to want to be "too far" away from getting home if something occurred...

Coronavirus Australia: Queensland researchers find ‘cure’, want drug trial

"A team of Australian researchers say they’ve found a cure for the novel coronavirus and hope to have patients enrolled in a nationwide trial by the end of the month."
Interesting. Ive taken the anti malarial as an arthritis treatment. Its a kind of nasty drug, especially to be on long term as I was. Fortunately I never suffered any of the really bad side effects but even after being off of it for almost 5 years I do have a persistant ringing in my ears. Still, I'd take it as part of a cure.

If I had to bet, my guess would be that they keep the Magic here in the States and do cruises that stay close to the US Mainland. I think that, at least initially, people aren't going to want to be "too far" away from getting home if something occurred...

This would be better than outright canceling, my fear is the Carribbean can only handle so many ships, if several lines do this itcould get oversaturated.

Interesting. Ive taken the anti malarial as an arthritis treatment. Its a kind of nasty drug, especially to be on long term as I was. Fortunately I never suffered any of the really bad side effects but even after being off of it for almost 5 years I do have a persistant ringing in my ears. Still, I'd take it as part of a cure.
The same is being investigated of Doxycycline. In particular they are looking at using it to prevent a cytokine storm. This is the mechanism by which your own body essential kills you while trying to destroy the virus.

From an article at the WSJ: "We will work 24/7 to get ships at port and everyone out, while coronavirus cases are still popping up aboard vessels," a senior U.S. cruise line executive said. "This will go on until the end of the month when all ships will have docked." There are about 40 ships at sea looking to unload their passengers, many of whom are seniors, as well as crew. Several countries have banned cruise ships from docking or restricted air travel, complicating efforts to repatriate travelers to dozens of countries.

This all seems way to scary. I would be very wary of stepping into a cruise ship this summer; however clean the cruise ship is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter