Coronavirus Poll - Are you still going or.....

Are you still planning to go on vacation during Spring Break/Summer to WDW?

• Total voters
Free would not get me on any cruise right now. The only way I'd get on a cruise right now is if they pre screened everyone before they set sail.

Not sure that would matter much. If you are carrying the virus and had already been exposed, it is very possible to be completely healthy at embarkation with a normal temperature and absolutely no symptoms. New studies are saying people start to get sick and show symptoms most often 5 days after exposure and up to 12 days after.

Not WDW, but we have a beach vacation at a condo in Myrtle Beach scheduled for Easter Week. Right now, we are still planning to go because we can practice self isolation there just as well as at home. We'll have a kitchen. Right after that, we are also scheduled to go to our daughter's university for the big football Spring Game with a bunch of other parents. We booked the hotel this weekend but chose the cancellable rate vs the cheaper non cancellable rate. We figured the extra $26 was worth it just in case. If all hell breaks loose between now and then, we'll cancel both trips for sure.

Right now DD and 40 of her friends are in Daytona Beach, FL for their college Spring Break. We are hoping it is early enough in the community spread cycle that they will all be ok. I am a worried about what will happen at college campuses when all the kids, who have traveled far and wide, return to campus after their breaks.

Last edited:
Well we already “went”. Last week my daughter was on Spring Break and the two of us decided to do an impromptu road trip from Massachusetts to Florida. We stopped in St Augustine, visited Winter Park, Cocoa Beach and Orlando.

Then the night before we were due to head home I came down with what I thought was a bad case of food poisoning. Up all night in the bathroom violently sick. I have not been that sick in many many years and five days later still don’t feel back to normal.

Well my daughter texted me yesterday that she started throwing up. I immediately drove to her campus to pick her up since what I had was so bad and to try to get her away from as many people as possible. Halfway home, my husband calls and my other daughter got it. Both have literally been up the entire night violently ill. They have been sucking on ice cubes to get some fluid in them but at this point I’m hoping it stops soon so we don’t have to go the hospital and infect more people.

So moral here is wash wash wash your hands and then do it again whether you stay home or travel. We traveled with wipes and sanitizers and sprayed and wiped things down in each place we stayed and still got sick. This bug is unlike anything we have ever had in our house. Coronavirus is not the only virus out there.

Stay healthy everyone!

This week is supposed to be the make or break for what's happening. The faster and cheaper tests are supposed to come out at some point this week, and more people will be tested which will show if the numbers are much higher than anticipated (since more will be tested).
Right now, unless you have medical conditions, you will be fine. The main concern is passing it to people who could die from it.

Not WDW, but we have a beach vacation at a condo in Myrtle Beach scheduled for Easter Week. Right now, we are still planning to go because we can practice self isolation there just as well as at home. We'll have a kitchen. Right after that, we are also scheduled to go to our daughter's university for the big football Spring Game with a bunch of other parents. We booked the hotel this weekend but chose the cancellable rate vs the cheaper non cancellable rate. We figured the extra $26 was worth it just in case. If all hell breaks loose between now and then, we'll cancel both trips for sure.

Right now DD and 40 of her friends are in Daytona Beach, FL for their college Spring Break. We are hoping it is early enough in the community spread cycle that they will all be ok. I am a worried about what will happen at college campuses when all the kids, who have traveled far and wide, return to campus after their breaks.

I live and work in Myrtle Beach at an oceanfront resort. I'm sure I feel "safe" here because it is home. We are leaving Myrtle Beach Easter Week to head to WDW.

We’re going but certainly not where we planned to go. Our trip to London and a 12-day cruise around the British Isles that was scheduled for the end of April is off. Since we deferred 2 years worth of vacations to plan and save for it, we’re crestfallen and kinda desperate to get away. We booked an AI in Mexico yesterday (acceptably low-risk for a number of reasons) and leave on Friday. I think getting out and back as soon as possible is prudent. Who knows if the whole world isn’t on its way into lock-down.

I am very glad we did Rome last year (first week of April), not this year. 😬 That would have been a hot mess to sort out.

We're 11 days away from our WDW trip and still planning on going as long as nothing gets canceled or closed down.

We do not have any trips planned but both DD and I have a week off in April and we have been talking about going to. We don't have anything planned yet. Not because of Covid but DD plays soccer and we are waiting for her full schedule to come out since she doesn't like missing games. We all have AP and plenty of hotel points and live in CA so very easy for us to just plan a week or so before going

Not WDW but we are going on a cruise early in May. Currently I am not worried. We are healthy people and the cruise lines are taking precautions and the only way we won't go is if the cruise line cancels the trip. Gotta love all the floating petri dish comments and tin can comments about a cruise ship lol! You are just as likely to get whatever there as you are in WDW, a cinema, the public bathroom, work, the grocery store and so on.

Not WDW but we are going on a cruise early in May. Currently I am not worried. We are healthy people and the cruise lines are taking precautions and the only way we won't go is if the cruise line cancels the trip. Gotta love all the floating petri dish comments and tin can comments about a cruise ship lol! You are just as likely to get whatever there as you are in WDW, a cinema, the public bathroom, work, the grocery store and so on.
Not according to the WHO or CDC. Cruise ships have a specific toilet system that can (this is gross) aerosolize feces in a way that makes the spread much more of a concern. That is one of the danger points of this specific virus - it spreads incredibly efficiently through contact with feces.

We are not going in late May as planned. My son is immunosuppressed and we are trying to stay away from larger crowds though it is tough. Our trip to Europe this summer has also been postponed until next year. I can't risk it for him and our drs. agree. No panic here just not taking a risk with his health.

Cruise ships being explicitly called a risky choice by health experts as recently as last night. Apparently they may even shut down the entire industry (at least those embarking from the US) soon. I think the issue is more with the resources involved in having to isolate an entire ship of people and the quick spreading if someone has it onboard. Personally, I'd think twice, but whatever floats your boat!

We're still doing WDW in August, unless things get serious to the point that we're not allowed to travel at all or WDW shuts down.

We have had plans for end of March for months. I am not canceling unless I am forced to do so. What else would I do with my daughter while she is out of school for a week? I would rather risk it then be stuck at home all week!

My son starts his Disney College Program Internship on May 18th, so yes, we are going!

Oh, and not Disney, but I am flying out next week to Arizona (from NC) and not cancelling. It is my mother's West Coast memorial service.

Our DD is in the DCP right now- so we will be going. We already have people in our city with the virus- a few live close, so we have a bigger chance of catching it staying home then going to WDW. We might drive instead of fly, but our plans won't change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter