• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Corrupt memory card, loss of pictures

Thanks everyone! I wil be using XD cards.. anything on that?

I have been using XD cards with no problems for several years. Same thing applies about formatting in the camera. I don't do it everytime but after I have used the card several times I will reformat it.

miss missy said:
Thanks everyone! I wil be using XD cards.. anything on that?

I use XD cards and I have no clue what happend but I lost 3 days of my vacation. They were there at the airport when we left Atlanta but were gone when I tried to put them on my computer. Nothing would recover them! I was so mad, i freaked out on the Hp people and broke down crying. It killed me I had lost so much. I should have got those last few days movd to my DH's laptop. I had already copied the ones that I din't lose to his laptop days before. My new promise is to copy and save every night!

I've never had a problem with my SD cards (one Panasonic and one SanDisk). I had a CF card become corrupt once, and never recovered it.

I've heard there is a utility that can rescue some of your photo files from a corrupted card, but I haven't used it. http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/download.htm

It makes sense to have some way to back up your photos each night, either a laptop or other storage device; or at least use several cards rather than put all your eggs in one basket.

jeancbpugh said:
I've never had a problem with my SD cards (one Panasonic and one SanDisk). I had a CF card become corrupt once, and never recovered it.

I've heard there is a utility that can rescue some of your photo files from a corrupted card, but I haven't used it. http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/download.htm

It makes sense to have some way to back up your photos each night, either a laptop or other storage device; or at least use several cards rather than put all your eggs in one basket.

I downloaded that program when I was having problems in May and it was only good for 5 images then it wouldn't recover anymore. I have rescue pro if anyone needs it.

pyrxtc said:
I use XD cards and I have no clue what happend but I lost 3 days of my vacation. They were there at the airport when we left Atlanta but were gone when I tried to put them on my computer. Nothing would recover them! I was so mad, i freaked out on the Hp people and broke down crying. It killed me I had lost so much. I should have got those last few days movd to my DH's laptop. I had already copied the ones that I din't lose to his laptop days before. My new promise is to copy and save every night!

This is my fear! And I do not have a laptop to put them on :( Should I stop by photo place in the park and pay for a cd???

miss missy said:
This is my fear! And I do not have a laptop to put them on :( Should I stop by photo place in the park and pay for a cd???

As a long-time computer user, troubleshooter, and builder, I live by the motto, "BACK IT UP - NOW!"

Although I think the CD burning service in the parks is way overpriced, as are so many things at WDW, I do think that burning a CD every one or two days is absolutely nessecary if you don't have some other device with you like a laptop or portable CD burner.

Memory cards are a fairly reliable technology, but like any technology, the more you ask of it, the more prone to failure it becomes. Shooting hundreds of pics at WDW is a trial by fire for most memory cards.

WillCAD said:
As a long-time computer user, troubleshooter, and builder, I live by the motto, "BACK IT UP - NOW!"

Although I think the CD burning service in the parks is way overpriced, as are so many things at WDW, I do think that burning a CD every one or two days is absolutely nessecary if you don't have some other device with you like a laptop or portable CD burner.

Memory cards are a fairly reliable technology, but like any technology, the more you ask of it, the more prone to failure it becomes. Shooting hundreds of pics at WDW is a trial by fire for most memory cards.

Ok, I think I will do that. I will have at least two cards with me too.

Thanks for the info!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter