Cost effective dining tricks

We get kids meals for the middle of the day. For breakfast we go to Wal Mart before we get to the resort. I work at Cracker Barrel part time and have the 35% discount so we eat there and buy souvenirs for my Florida Gator loving son (yuck) and also have Landry's which gives us free birthday points.

We always pack about half a suitcase worth of breakfast food and snack to enjoy in the room. Going to Woodman's and letting the kids pick their own treats has become a tradition for us. They don't make the healthiest choices but I figure it adds the vacation experience. We also bring a few disposable bowls and spoons for mini cereals and buy the overpriced milk in the gift shop. The bonus is we always have room for souvenirs on the way home.

Order several appetizers rather than an entre, It will probably be cheaper and plenty of food.

We eat family style at a lot of places. We prefer sit downs where we can order entrees rather than buffets or fixed price meals. For example: three dishes at Yak and Yeti are perfect for the 4 or 5 of us.

I'm with the PP that paying an obscene amount of money breakfast irks me. We do 1-2 paid for breakfast (QS, TS, room service) each 9-10 day trip. But we ALWAYS do a grocery order and get cereal, milk, fruit, bagels and cream cheese, etc. This can easily save you $50-75 at QS breakfast a day with your crew.

I do not pack food to go into the park because it's a pain for me and it is vacation but I do take in drinks. With your grocery order get water and any drinks your kids may like. Capri suns, soda, gatorade. Take these into the park. This will save you $4-5 for each drink. Paying for beverages adds up quickly. Also get some snacks, lunch meat, peanut butter, jelly and bread for pool side snacks/lunches. This will save you a ton over buying at the pool or at the QS location.

With your kids ages when you do QS have the kids share some adult meals and have your drinks that you brought in. No need to pay $4 for a drink at QS. That'll save you $25-30 each meal. I would also have the share adult meals at TS too.

If you are looking for an inexpensive sit down Ohana and Cape May breakfasts are $25 for adults and $14 for kids . Kind of a good deal if you are looking for a treat . If you book late at 1100 it can be more of a lunch .

Hiya which one? There’s a bunch. I want to save it it phone for next time
It may depend on where you are on property. Last time I was at AKV and ordered from the Rolling Oaks Blvd location in Kissimmee. I think the one in the old Crossroads shopping center, Lake Buena Vista is closed.

3 tips that save us $$$$

1. Get groceries delivered to the hotel from instacart, amazon, garden grocer, etc. Drinks, snacks, breakfast bars, cereal, veggies, microwave mac $ cheese, etc.

2. Breakfast in the room/on the go. We very rarely eat breakfast anywhere but in the room or waiting for the bus. Big money saver. We order breakfast bars, energy muffins, hardboiled eggs, protein drinks, etc.

3. Pool picnics are a favorite with my family. We save a ton of money and no one has ever complained. Almost every day, we do a midday break for rest and pool time. For the pool, we pack a cooler bag with food and have a mini lunch picnic- think charcuterie board style- crackers and cheese, pepperoni, turkey, hummus, veggies, dried fruits, etc. Sometimes we also bring the microwaved mac and cheese or microwavable foods to the pool also. The kids love it, they get more time in the pool, not in a restaurant, and it's literally like $10-15 to feed our family of five.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter