Cost of RPR at Xmas

Zosha

Mouseketeer
We are going to Universal for the first time in December 2016. We will be there on the 28-31. I've checked the crowd calendars and they are a rating 10 for that time. I was planning to stay at RPR but checked out the price for this year for comparison and it will cost around $490/night. I think it would be cheaper for us to extend our stay at WDW and just drive over there each day. I'm worried about express passes and front of line access though. Would it be worth paying the extra and staying at RPR to use those things?

Express passes are going to be very expensive during that time. Depending on how many people are in your group, it might be cheaper to just stay onsite. I would watch cheaptickets and orbitz for discounts. Unlimited express passes are $150/person/day for your dates. And that doesn't include your admission tickets.

A bundled ticket with unlimited express is $430 for 3 days.

That time of year no discounts, really expensive, and crowded.

Cost is a personal decision, but we stayed off site and decided to have dinner at CityWalk. To say it was crowded was an understatement. It is bonkers. We parked on the top floor of the parking garage, one of several. I would stay onsite even one or two nights, just to get the express passes and closeness of the parks. It is several walkways and elevator to get to CityWalk, then to the parks from the parking garage. With crowds, it's going to a slower walk.

Do the math, then keep checking cheaptickets/orbitz or other travel agents for a discount, as I doubt any of the onsite ones will be giving any discounts.

While you'll pay for parking regardless of garage or hotel parking, staying onsite is still a bonus, that you get early entry, which is a great way to start a park, and unlimited express passes for all in your room, for day checking in through day checking out. That's why some do a one night, to get 2 days of the express pass. Has nothing to do with your park tickets. Try undercovertourist or maple leaf for discounted tickets. Both tend to be cheaper then Universal, and both include tax in their price, while Universal adds it when total. So check and see which is better for you.

If it's only 2 of you, then I'd say brave it, and don't stay onsite. If you have 4, then based on Damo's 150 per day for one person, the hotel rate would be almost the same.

We enjoy USO, but like anything around the Orlando parks during the week after Christmas is just busy, busy, busy.

I wouldn't even dream about going there on those dates unless staying onsite. We were there Dec. 22nd-28th 2010. I would describe the 22nd-25th as super busy. The 26th onwards was beyond crazy. It was somewhat bearable with the unlimited express pass and the ability to walk back to the resort (Hard Rock that trip), but I wouldn't do it without staying at an onsite Deluxe.

Lots of people do obviously, but it's to crazy for me without onsite perks.

I would never go that time without staying onsite.it is going to be expensive. Very expensive.But much like Disney it is the busiest week. Purchasing express passes will likely cost you MORE than staying onsite.

Worth every penny to stay onsite anytime for us.....but that time of year absolutely no question........stay onsite.

The traffic is also crazy that time of year. Driving from WDW to Universal and queue for parking could easily take 2 hours.

You realize if you stay 1 night at RPR gives you 2 days of express pass. Just stay 1 night there and go back to Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter