cost of starwood card

loganbear

Earning My Ears
do i have to pay for this starwood card ive been hearing so much about? also does it really guarentee an upgrade?

There is no charge for the Starwood.
An upgrade using the card is not guaranteed, except, on occasion, you might get a card good for certain dates, and the card will say something to the effect of presenting it on your next stay for a one-level upgrade.

But, I can say that in my experience, if there was availability at the S/D, I have always gotten an upgrade when I show my card.
There are many other perks, too--I will be staying at the Dolphin next week...if I pay with my AmEx and stay for 5 nights, I will earn 2 free Friday night stays.Of course, you can always earn points to use toward an upgrade.

I have enough Starwood Points accumulated (from previous vacations) that I have earned an upgrade when I choose to use it for a few nights.

I am not sure if it guarentees an upgrade, but I was told with no uncertain terms... Starwood Members are treated VERY SPECIAL.

As far as cost, so far it didn't cost me anything... I wonder if there is a charge the second year???

If you get and use the Starwwod AMEX, you can really rack up points that will get you an upgrade for sure, I think 750 points get an upgrade for a night...

Nick

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter