Costco dining voucher

skuttle

DIS Veteran
We are getting a Costco voucher for a premium character meal. Our plan is to use it for Goofy's Kitchen for dinner the night we arrive.

I noticed the voucher has a $49 value for adults, but Goofy's kitchen can be up to $59.99 per the Disneyland site. Will we have to pay the difference?

We have always used the dining vouchers Costco gives us at Goofy. Have never had to pay. Have gone at different times of the year and the voucher always includes everything. They have always been Premium vouchers.

Ours are premium, thanks! We were going to do breakfast, but decided to try dinner. That's when I noticed the price online for Goofy's dinner is more than what the Costco site says the voucher is worth.

If it says premium then you are good to go.

I think the $49 Costco is quoting is the price you would pay if you bought the voucher OOP from a ticket reseller like GAT or LMT, not the value of the actual voucher itself.

Last edited:
the voucher says 49 dollars because that is its estimated worth. i know in the past that people have chosen to use that estimated worth in the parks for normal meals rather than goofys kitchen for example. Youll be fine.

the voucher says 49 dollars because that is its estimated worth. i know in the past that people have chosen to use that estimated worth in the parks for normal meals rather than goofys kitchen for example. Youll be fine.

I thought it might me something like that. I’ve read about using it other places. Just wanted to be prepared if I had to pay something extra.

Where are they selling these? Are these vouchers available at all Costco warehouses? Or only at ones in Southern California? Or only online?

Where are they selling these? Are these vouchers available at all Costco warehouses? Or only at ones in Southern California? Or only online?

Unless something has changed, I've only ever seen them (the ones offered through Costco) available as part of a package. They're one of the perks doing a Disney vacation package through Costco.

I wish they'd offer them as a separate, purchasable item!

Unless something has changed, I've only ever seen them (the ones offered through Costco) available as part of a package. They're one of the perks doing a Disney vacation package through Costco.

I wish they'd offer them as a separate, purchasable item!
I books a package through Costco and the voucher was one of the perks.
Thanks. Also wished they sold these separately.

Has anyone used these recently at a non-character meal? We used to use them all over the park for all different meals, and I just wanted to make sure nothing has changed (since 2016 when they last offered them).

Has anyone used these recently at a non-character meal? We used to use them all over the park for all different meals, and I just wanted to make sure nothing has changed (since 2016 when they last offered them).
We used them last year December 2017 to pay for dinner at PCH Grill (non character). I do not think that has changed. You can choose to use them anywhere but make sure you get a good value for them

We used them last year December 2017 to pay for dinner at PCH Grill (non character). I do not think that has changed. You can choose to use them anywhere but make sure you get a good value for them

Thanks! Yes, we have 5-6 in our family so we usually just use them as a “coupon” & let ourselves order a drink or dessert to make sure we’re spending enough :)

I have also read you can use the vouchers at quick service locations which is what we were planning to do next month. Does anyone know if this still holds true? We do have Goofy's Kitchen booked our arrival night so trying to decide if we just use them on that or try to cover the cost of some quick service meals.

Anyone know- can you use them at Napa Rose?

Yes you can use them at the hotels & in both parks.

I have also read you can use the vouchers at quick service locations which is what we were planning to do next month. Does anyone know if this still holds true? We do have Goofy's Kitchen booked our arrival night so trying to decide if we just use them on that or try to cover the cost of some quick service meals.

Yes you can use them at quick service locations in the parks, but you don't get change.

So, if your voucher is $49 (adult), and your bill is $40, you forfeit that extra $9. But if your bill is $50, use the $49 voucher & just pay the extra $1. So figure out your totals ahead of time (like in line) and figure out which is best to use (cash or voucher). This is why we sometimes add drinks (normally we just drink water) or dessert.

But...if you are going to Goofy's, especially at dinner time, then it's in your best interest to use the vouchers since they are the same cost as the meal there (as in, you don't have to pay any extra). The other character meals cost less than the voucher, so you are essentially "losing" money & it would be wiser to pay cash for the character meal (like at Minnie's) and use the vouchers around the park for your other meals.

Anyone know if we'll be able to use these for a PTN package? I'm specifically looking at Wine Country Trattoria.

If it says premium then you are good to go.

I think the $49 Costco is quoting is the price you would pay if you bought the voucher OOP from a ticket reseller like GAT or LMT, not the value of the actual voucher itself.

Does LMT sell these meal vouchers separately?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter