Costco Room Inventory

amalone1013

DIS Veteran
Does Costco have a different inventory on their site vs DCL?

I just booked a room the other day and was going to transfer to Costco, then thought why would I not just book straight through their site anyways? It's not a placeholder or anything, just a brand new booking. But looking at the rooms Costco shows, are different options than DCL. We are looking at aft on Deck 5, we already have a room there and now family is going and so we were booking a room by us. But Costco doesn't show anything open aft, but DCL shows 5 rooms.

I had an opposite situation where the room I wanted (starboard side) was showing on Costco's site but not DCL site. I had already booked directly online with Disney. I called to transfer to Costco I asked them if they had there own inventory (like their own block of rooms)? They said no they only have the same inventory available thru Disney. So I checked Disney's site and it still wasn't showing that room available and I called DCL and it was and they switched me to that room. So I've concluded they only show you a portion of the rooms available and they all happened to be port side but there were starboard rooms available. Not sure if that helps or not but just my experience :)

I had an opposite situation where the room I wanted (starboard side) was showing on Costco's site but not DCL site. I had already booked directly online with Disney. I called to transfer to Costco I asked them if they had there own inventory (like their own block of rooms)? They said no they only have the same inventory available thru Disney. So I checked Disney's site and it still wasn't showing that room available and I called DCL and it was and they switched me to that room. So I've concluded they only show you a portion of the rooms available and they all happened to be port side but there were starboard rooms available. Not sure if that helps or not but just my experience :)
Maybe it is something like that. I noticed something like that when booking originally around opening day. Basically we booked our room with a placeholder, then also booked a room for my in laws, but now an aunt is coming and sharing with the in laws, so I booked a new room so I could get a Costco card since the fare price was going to change anyways. But when looking, it would only show 8 rooms total in the available section. After I booked one room I went in and saw a different set of 8, etc.

I think that in a very general sense, no TA or cruise line shows you everything that is available. Whether the inventory is really different or not, I'm not sure. But I think it's easiest to just call Costco, b/c they can get DCL on the line to find out what's really available!

I think that in a very general sense, no TA or cruise line shows you everything that is available. Whether the inventory is really different or not, I'm not sure. But I think it's easiest to just call Costco, b/c they can get DCL on the line to find out what's really available!
I'll just try to call them tonight or tomorrow and transfer. I was attempting to save myself that step, but... need a semi specific room lol.

It's weird, but yeah, the Costco site shows different availability. I wonder if DCL doesn't allow certain decks to be shown on other sites? I have never been able to see anything on Deck 9 on the Costco site, even on opening day. But just phone them for any room you want. They'll contact DCL and if it's available, they can get it for you. It's not like they've bought up certain decks or anything, if you're worried.

And that goes for the DCL site, too. They certainly never show all availability. If the room you want isn't showing, just phone and ask if it's available.

The websites don’t show all that is available. I’ve been doing a lot of looking the past few weeks. DCL was showing port and starboard rooms open on deck 7, then it changed this week to only port side. Costco showed the same this week. I ended up calling and booking over the phone. When I asked for two connecting rooms and requested certain port rooms that I knew had the pull down berth, the CM said “you are stopping at castaway cay so you’ll want starboard rooms for the view.” Awesome! He gave me connecting starboard rooms that weren’t showing as available on either website.
Call to see what they have!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter