• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Costco SoCal 4-day park hopper :)

Be aware also of the block out dates, as quoted from the costco website:
"Ticket is blocked out on 4/21/11 - 4/23/11, 7/1/11 - 7/4/11 and 8/21/11-8/22/11"

Why are those dates in August blocked out? My sister says it's because it's her birthday. :laughing:

So would i be able to upgrade these to a Premier pass @ DL? If I'm able to upgrade I wouldnt pay more than $722 would I?

For anyone who has bought and already used these tickets, are they a voucher that has to be redeemed or are they the actual ticket you would put in the turnstile?

Thanks,
CPC

I too can confirm that you will receive the actual hard ticket from Costco, no need to exchange them at DL and you can go directly to the turnstile.

Off topic, but Costco also sells tickets for Universal Studios Hollywood, now those are not the actual tickets and will need to be exchanged at their Annual Pass processing center.

Just a bump to see if anyone has more information on these SoCal passes. Did the NY person ever get their passes? Thanks!

I'm in Colorado and after reading this thread, I called and DLR confirmed I could use them even though I don't live in CA. So I ordered them from Costco, had them shipped to me in CO, and they're now sitting right here on my desk for our trip in July. They are actual tickets, not vouchers. I'm still a little nervous that there will be a problem, but the lady at DLR assured me I could use them, so I'm taking her word for it.

I not only called and got the employee's name, but also wrote to them. The answers were the same - yes the ticket can be purchased as a gift and be used by non-Southern California residents, as long as it is used by the same person for all 4 days.

I am going to print out the reply email they sent and carry it with me.

We just got ours bought by my sister in S. California. She had them directly shipped from the website to me:banana: They also came with a $50 gift card....woohoo

This is on the Costco website:

*$38 per day amount based on $151 assigned value of the 4-Day Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® Ticket, and a credit of $151 will be given if such ticket is used at the Main Entrance to upgrade to a higher value ticket.

Thanks for all the useful information! Okay, I am convinced :). Just ordered 4 for June trip. Worst case, I can return Costco tickets to Costco for a full refund. I didn't read anything about using them within a 13-14 day period like the regular hoppers say. Is that standard anyhow?

I am going to have to upgrade my hopper to a DAP the day after I use it, so am assuming they would deduct the $151 and my $20 DVC discount from the DAP price when I do that? So $329 - 151 - 20 = $158? Does that seem correct?

Is this really really true :)? Last year I went to Costco with a friend who was going to buy the ticket for me but the Costco salesperson talked us out of it, said that they would check for CA ID at the gate. I believe you but I will be visiting in Oct. and we can do this again if it's true so I'd love it if we kept on reporting that it works here in this thread! So cool, every dime saved and all :goodvibes!

Thanks for all the useful information! Okay, I am convinced :). Just ordered 4 for June trip. Worst case, I can return Costco tickets to Costco for a full refund. I didn't read anything about using them within a 13-14 day period like the regular hoppers say. Is that standard anyhow?

No. You have until the expiration date on the ticket. We did this tickets this year instead of passes. It has worked out really nicely for our family. Basically $150 PP for 4 visits with very limited blocked days. Our first use was September and they expire next week. We've not had to show ID at all, either in purchasing or using.

FYI
I’m not a Costco member and I just purchased the 4-Day ticket.
A non-member can purchase the tickets, however Costco will impose a $20 non-member surcharge.
It might be worth it if you don’t know a member who will buy them for you or are buying multiple tickets :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter